Sign in to follow this  
bzkurt

r33 vspec rear end vs non vspec rear end

Just wondering what the difference is exactly between a r33 gtr vspec rear end and a r33 gtr rear end?

Thicker tail shaft?

Better diff?

Thicker drive shafts?

Cheers guys

drive shafts and tail shaft I am not sure if there is any difference.

The big difference is the V-spec has the Active LSD as part of the upgraded ATTESA system, which is called ATTESA ETS-Pro. This system has a seperate computer controller which measures traction and slip on each of the rear wheels, and will feed hydraulic pressure via an independent pump to the diff to provide more torque as required to the rear wheel which is losing traction. Effectively it is a left / right "torque split" capable LSD.

dont quote me, but also thought the V-spec diffs have the cooling fins, opposed to just a smooth finish on the non v-spec. maybe that's just 32 gtr's.

dont quote me, but also thought the V-spec diffs have the cooling fins, opposed to just a smooth finish on the non v-spec. maybe that's just 32 gtr's.

yes ur absolutely correct... but to be honest even at track temperature those fins only make around10% difference... they wouldnt even make a difference at all on the street

Hay all

Apart from the fins on the diff, are there any other visible features to identify an R33 vspec to an R33? Mine has those fins on the diff but would like to be sure.

Cheers