Sign in to follow this  
cheech

Tingling sensation in arms while deadlifting

Hey all,

been training for a couple of months now and just recently as i started pushing up the weights on my deads to 125 (bent leg, no boxes or fancy things M&M) ive noticed a tingling sensation on the upwards movement on both arms. If i had to pinpoint it, it would be on the outside of my arms, close to my tricept muscles. Is this normal or is it insinuating that i have some kind of back problem with my nerves and my spine is about to snap? lol

It doesnt happen on every lift or even in every set but it has become more common and I'm a bit worried about it and I figured that its definitely back related considering both arms suffer it at the same time. Its not painful, just like pins and needles while lifting upward.

Ideas? See a Dr?

Thanks all

Definately sounds like a slight nerve compression. Does the area around your triceps continue to tingle? Also do you have numbness around that area after your session?

Try lower the weights and see if it goes away. Also see a physio who may be able to point out certain nerves or muscle groups that could cause this. Then google my friend!

Hey all,

been training for a couple of months now and just recently as i started pushing up the weights on my deads to 125 (bent leg, no boxes or fancy things M&M) ive noticed a tingling sensation on the upwards movement on both arms. If i had to pinpoint it, it would be on the outside of my arms, close to my tricept muscles. Is this normal or is it insinuating that i have some kind of back problem with my nerves and my spine is about to snap? lol

It doesnt happen on every lift or even in every set but it has become more common and I'm a bit worried about it and I figured that its definitely back related considering both arms suffer it at the same time. Its not painful, just like pins and needles while lifting upward.

Ideas? See a Dr?

Thanks all

I used to have a similar problem.

Went away on its own.

But you should check with a Dr just to be sure you don't have some form of nerve damage.

im up to 142kg on dead lifts and i noticed that if i dont tense up my back when doing the movement, feel like a tearing sensation in the left trap running down the back.

My knees are crap now so will be awhile before i go that heavy again. Im thinking of just sticking to 100kg........really cant see the point of trying to increase the weight any more.

hey mate~

i had something similar happening to me for awhile~

and this only started happening when i did increase my working sets to 170KG - on a lighter weight it never happened, only on a heavier weight..

im not sure on what it was.. but i had a tingle that ran down the whole left side of my body, sometimes it would kind of leave the left side of my face a little numb.

but if i had to say where it started, feels like its coming from the inside of my arm and runs up through my elbow and to my triceps... and sometimes to face.

It has stopped now.... im not sure on what it was... but if u find out, let me know as well :)

The reason im injured is because of this. I was doing 200+kg rack pulls, felt normal, until i woke up the next day, my left arm was about to fall off, i could not use any strength in it. Basically 3 months later its still an issue, for me i think it was a tear/knot that has ended up pinching on a nerve that runs on the inside of my left arm and elbow and tricep just like brisS15 explained. My advice is make sure u pull your shoulder blades back as much as you can when deadlifting, I dont think i was doing this, nor had the strength to do this and as a consequence the muscle maybe got stretched out too much maybe even tearing slightly and formed a knot to pinch on a nerve...