Sign in to follow this  
Softy

Fishing spots in Adelaide

went on our charter last weekend off wallaroo.

caught a couple of fish

11854_206362717465_533107465_350258.jpg

laura caught the two biggest ones.

you go girl!

So you got out fished? :P by a chick :lol:

she out fished everyone.

i think she caught 4 all up.

i got two huges ones on but they cmoe off when they got right to the top. *milkshakes*. one of the guys only caught 1 fish. suck shit benny. hahaha

After last night i am in desperate need of some more squid to use as bait!!!

Anyone have sure fire secret spot they want to share?

Mullet are a crap fish,

Shows what you know. Mullet are superb on the chew

Nice work.

Well Jimmy and i headed off this arvo. plan was to hit porties, wind wasn't the best so dropped past o sullies on the way wasn't much better.... got to porties and i decided brighton was the go. It was pretty quiet there also. I had a BIG run on my shark rod and almost got spooled off then had my leader bitten thru!!!! FML

Jimmy did better, after a decent fight to the jetty and watching it splash around on the surface, the shark decided to take a big run under the jetty and snapped Jimmy off :(

hrmm might go hang a bait off brighton tonight seems I have nothing to do

Chew as eating or fighting?

eating

Never thought about eating mullet... from all the things i read/heard mullet are the carp of the sea. I have only been using them as bait.

Nice work.

Well Jimmy and i headed off this arvo. plan was to hit porties, wind wasn't the best so dropped past o sullies on the way wasn't much better.... got to porties and i decided brighton was the go. It was pretty quiet there also. I had a BIG run on my shark rod and almost got spooled off then had my leader bitten thru!!!! FML

Jimmy did better, after a decent fight to the jetty and watching it splash around on the surface, the shark decided to take a big run under the jetty and snapped Jimmy off :(

hrmm might go hang a bait off brighton tonight seems I have nothing to do

Chew as eating or fighting?

eating

I have to agree that mullet are pretty good eating, especially the ones caught from the coorong and if fresh, they go down like a treat

yup fresh they are awesome, right up there with snap snaps. never eaten them after a freeze before so I dunno.

Im heading out in an hour for some snap's on this new ground we came across. Hopefully its not too bumpy. Will let you know.

Also just got back from Blanchtown took the Yaks out there and there is alot of weed but so many carp up in the weed on the surface. Im goin back this week to try for some lure sight casting action! should be great.

I am hanging out for a fish.

I am busy most of Saturday night, but I am thinking West Beach with a surf road and a packet of pilchards.

what do you catch doing that ???

anyone heading out next weekend??

i wanna get back out there and actually catch something lol

Went to Wallaroo Friday night ended up with around 80, chow, mackrel, shitties, tommies ect. Cought 2 squid and around 25 legal crabs.

Also Caught 3 big drummer and 15 undersized snapper (around 15cm :whistle: ), hopefully can catch them in a few years when theyre a tad bigger.

Were trying for kingfish and snapper but didnt get any runs, good night though was non stop action the whole time.

Went to west lakes last night and caught a mullet and put it in as live bait, got a good run but couldnt get him.

I pulled the line in and could see he bit the back of the fish just before the hook, spewin. My first run in west lakes so i was pretty chuffed.

I am busy most of Saturday night, but I am thinking West Beach with a surf road and a packet of pilchards.

West Beach I doubt you'd get much more then rays, squid for bait might get you a bit more.

Tennyson, Grange etc. you should get small sharks.

Nice work Kairazy, been thinking Wallroo, Adrossan, Pt Vincent might be the next location for a trip. Fairly close and seems to be easy fishing atm.

do many of you guys go out in boats? anyone have good gps spots in local water they want to share with me? st kilda, west beach, etc. i'll kept them secert.bandaid.gif

heading out on the charter 2 moz morning 4am start FML haha should do well thought weather looks good i will get some pics :).

was going to take the boat out tonight again for some snapper , then i remembered i have to go to a work dinner FML :wtf1: .

apparently the shimano rep was fishing on a boat around the blocks out of glenelg yesterday and they were berlying up with pillie cubes for snapper,snook, whiting and he reakons he saw a few big mullies come up the berly stream and mung down some pices of pillie, he said he reacons they would have been bout 20lb. :silly: i know what i will be dooing the on the next calm night.

West Beach I doubt you'd get much more then rays, squid for bait might get you a bit more.

if you fish the torrens outlet you should be a chance for sharks. tecnically that's henley beach south, not west beach though.... ahh tomatoes tomatoes.:rolleyes:

Anyone know if BCF stores will be open boxing day? Wanting to head out boxing day night but will need to get some bits and pieces first..

No idea, why not just go tonight/tomorrow?

Will Boxing day falling on a weekend, i have a feeling they will be open.

i have a feeling we shall be kayaking some where...

Best i get my weatherman on and have a geezer at the weather over the weekend...

14kg mulloway was caught of west beach last summer, ya gotta be in it to win it.

Last time me and a mate went down there we caught 3 dog sharks on pillies. but we get yellow fin in the gutters there all the time so no doubt there will be bronzies not far behind

I'm heading up Victor harbor on sunday for a week, I'm taking all my fishing gear up but our main objective is drinking so I dont know how much fishing will be done, However Hannah did buy a fishing rod just for the occasion so we will have the do a bit plus we have plenty of local knowledge and another mate up there has a boat so we might just get lucky :quagmire:

Best i get my weatherman on and have a geezer at the weather over the weekend...

You and Del need to Yak it up, wild weather for it the next week, as long as you get out early before the afternoon sea breezes by the predictions they are gonna be cranking

A bloke from S&H gave me a heads up on a place in the port to get snapper.... caught many up to 60cm the other week while pre fishing for the Bream comp :D

fishing on the weekend?