Sign in to follow this  
Softy

Fishing spots in Adelaide

nice work mike!!!

hope ya retruned him to the water!!!

a fish that size takes over ten yrs to grow!!! bream are very slow growing fish..

yes of course i returned him to the water after i took a few photos :)

some interesting reading about bream.

DID YOU KNOW: It can take up to TEN YEARS* for black bream to reach the minimum legal size of 28cm, another very good reason to return all undersize or unwanted bream safely to the water. See more information on handling and releasing fish here . Bream may live as long as 20 years and approximate growth rates* are:

1 year - 9cm

2 years - 14cm

3 years - 18cm

4 years - 21cm

5 years - 22cm

6 years - 23cm

7 years - 24cm

8 years - 25cm

9 years - 26cm

28cm - Minimum Legal Size

10 years - 30.5cm

12 years - 33cm

16 years - 36.5cm

20 years - 38.75cm

*Data from studies carried out by the Central Ageing Facility at the Marine and Freshwater Resources Institute, Queenscliff.

nice work mike!!!

hope ya retruned him to the water!!!

a fish that size takes over ten yrs to grow!!! bream are very slow growing fish..

yes of course i returned him to the water after i took a few photos :)

some interesting reading about bream.

DID YOU KNOW: It can take up to TEN YEARS* for black bream to reach the minimum legal size of 28cm, another very good reason to return all undersize or unwanted bream safely to the water. See more information on handling and releasing fish here . Bream may live as long as 20 years and approximate growth rates* are:

1 year - 9cm

2 years - 14cm

3 years - 18cm

4 years - 21cm

5 years - 22cm

6 years - 23cm

7 years - 24cm

8 years - 25cm

9 years - 26cm

28cm - Minimum Legal Size

10 years - 30.5cm

12 years - 33cm

16 years - 36.5cm

20 years - 38.75cm

*Data from studies carried out by the Central Ageing Facility at the Marine and Freshwater Resources Institute, Queenscliff.

bream have a very slow growth rate and can live for a long time just like Murry Cod they can live well over a hundred years which is pretty impressive i think.

Pt NOARLUNGA.

Bit of a reverses hike for u tho. :(

If only it was a bit earlier.

Interesting reading about bream, over on KI there was a sign at the river we were at that said if you caught a tagged black bream to report it to some number, guess they were measuring their sizes/ quantity of them around there.

Also said to handle them with wet hands very gently and and a few other things that slip my mind.

yeah release them to live again and breed.

wet hands knottless nets and softly holding them by craddling the fish not wedge it between two meet hammers you call hands.. lol

just got back from a bit of a fish at the Osulivans beach boat ramp few people fishing there was flat as.

A few people geting some nice size tommies i got a good size bream on some bread got to dark so we left.

DSC02068.JPG

Good stuff Mike, wat size did she measure up? 24-45cm?

after all these years catching bream, never tried using bread, but i guess they eat scraps...

and by the way... what reel is that? almost thought it was a stella

Damn not having a licence still keen for a flick :lol:

ahh poor softy, no licences sucks. I am elegible to get my P's in April ^_^ and thinking of getting myself a small 4x4 like a Suzuki sierra or some 2 door patrol/pajero.

just got back from a bit of a fish at the Osulivans beach boat ramp few people fishing there was flat as.

A few people geting some nice size tommies i got a good size bream on some bread got to dark so we left.

DSC02068.JPG

Good stuff Mike, wat size did she measure up? 24-45cm?

after all these years catching bream, never tried using bread, but i guess they eat scraps...

and by the way... what reel is that? almost thought it was a stella

cheers na i didnt have anything to measure it with guessing it was bout 30cm,I got snapped off by a couple of bigger ones two

bread always works a treat if i do use bait for bream bread never disappoints and u can eat it if u get hungry lol.

The reel is A Shimano Twin power 2000 it is about four reels down from the stella lovely reel i cant fault it even after two years of solid fishing still as smooth as the day i got it ^_^

i feel ur pain softy i lost myn for 15 months for sumthin i didnt even do got bout 6 months till i can drive again :(

ended up fishing at perry's bend on river rd and near the train bridge in the onk. Had two good hits on my whitebait lure but lost both. Never really lure fished before so i think i need to work on my technique, couldn't seem to sink the hook properly as i lost both the same way!

ended up fishing at perry's bend on river rd and near the train bridge in the onk. Had two good hits on my whitebait lure but lost both. Never really lure fished before so i think i need to work on my technique, couldn't seem to sink the hook properly as i lost both the same way!

if the hooks were not connecting it could be that the lure is a bit big for the fish that were hitting it.

perry's bend is a good spot for mulloway at night heard quit a few people talking bout it, i caught a small mulloway down there the other year.

if the hooks were not connecting it could be that the lure is a bit big for the fish that were hitting it.

perry's bend is a good spot for mulloway at night heard quit a few people talking bout it, i caught a small mulloway down there the other year.

My dad was just telling me before of his mates catching big ass malloway from there.

Hey Softy, you keen for taking our motorpushies out next weekend for a few flicks with adam?

My dad was just telling me before of his mates catching big ass malloway from there.

from what iv heard there are some big mulloway in the onk some up to 15kg

1.5metre ive heard, they just live in the mongrooves

1.5metre ive heard, they just live in the mongrooves

this is the reason i went down there, the 2 hits i had were good sized fish and were both on for about 5/6 seconds, second one damaged my lure.

i ended up losing my lure on a snag just b4 i left so i'm going to buy a few more but get some different sizes this time.

Camping at Victor Harbor next weekend at the caravan pk on the beach, anyone know if the fishing is any good off the beach there? Don't hear much about it so i'm guessing not?

i feel ur pain softy i lost myn for 15 months for sumthin i didnt even do got bout 6 months till i can drive again :(

orly-35971.jpg

:lol:

Anyway FARK ME 50 pages jeez HTFA is really powering. Summers coming so I can stop being a softy (no pun intended) and get back out there.

Caught a decent Bream on squidy one night at the Pat, was pretty stoked but spewin I dropped him in the water before I got a photo :lol:

Mike you know the one I'm talkin bout.

Went to West lakes Friday night to try for mulloway but no luck.

Ive got a wedding next sunday at Christies beach, i might go fishing somewhere around there between the ceremony and the reception.

I feel like fishing now. <_>

well you dont look like it.

fark being sick its f**king gay as, ive had a headache now for about 5days. its actually doing my head in!!!! arrggh. i was keen to fish this weekend too.

were abouts on the onk will you find mulloway?

HTFA FTW

perrys bend is meant to be good and so is the first bend up from the walk bridge both deep holes have to be fished a night

got my boat license yeaya :P

DSC02068.JPG

were you fishing from that small wooden ramp inside the breakwater?

is that allowed?? i have seen heaps of small fishi n there and figured there would be squid and flathead in tehre but was concerned you wouldnt be allowed to fish there for some reason.

just got back from porties jetty. caught 6 squid. some guy pulled in a huge one. would have weighed 2.5kg. havent seen any that big there in a long time. heaps of rude cutns there tho. mrs had one off and it got off just as she was aboutt o pull it out the water and some poof that was crowding her (we had been there for an hour and a half longer than this dude) dropped his line right in and got ti before she had a chance to drop the bail arm again. stupid *milkshake*. have some respect for the girl. also have 2 others get off and i was using a tiny jag and something big had a bash but i must have just ripped the tenticle.

threw a rod out with a couple of hooks and some squid on it and caught a puffer fish. yew. tits.

think we might give the onlk a go some time. just have to wait for the waether to get a bit better.

excuse the shit typing. on lappy laying down. ehehe

Congrats, how hard was the test?

cheers it was fairly easy mostly just common sense now i just need to get my boat from my brother in laws and rig it up for some nite fishing

in the port river ^_^

DSC02068.JPG

is that allowed?? i have seen heaps of small fishi n there and figured there would be squid and flathead in tehre but was concerned you wouldnt be allowed to fish there for some reason.

just got back from porties jetty. caught 6 squid. some guy pulled in a huge one. would have weighed 2.5kg. havent seen any that big there in a long time. heaps of rude cutns there tho. mrs had one off and it got off just as she was aboutt o pull it out the water and some poof that was crowding her (we had been there for an hour and a half longer than this dude) dropped his line right in and got ti before she had a chance to drop the bail arm again. stupid *milkshake*. have some respect for the girl. also have 2 others get off and i was using a tiny jag and something big had a bash but i must have just ripped the tenticle.

threw a rod out with a couple of hooks and some squid on it and caught a puffer fish. yew. tits.

think we might give the onlk a go some time. just have to wait for the waether to get a bit better.

nice work hate the pricks that think they own the jetty <_>

yea i was fishin strait of the launching pontoons, there use to be no fishing signs but every one use to rip em off as soon as they got replaced haha. I have fished there for a fair while and have never got told off

you just gota pick a day when there arnt to many boats coming in and out there are some very big bream there 40cm plus but realy light line is needed in order for them not to get spooked

DSC02068.JPG

yea i was fishin strait of the launching pontoons, there use to be no fishing signs but every one use to rip em off as soon as they got replaced haha. I have fished there for a fair while and have never got told off

you just gota pick a day when there arnt to many boats coming in and out there are some very big bream there 40cm plus but realy light line is needed in order for them not to get spooked

cool, i never really fished for bream, but wouldnt mind giving it a go. plus i have seen a guy pull a 52cm flathead in from that small pontoon thing many years ago.

cant wait till i get better and can take the mrs to ardrossan for some big squid. it was funny today. i was like `wanna leave yet?` and she responded with, `cant i just have another half an hour?`

hahaha. loves it.

DSC02068.JPG

cool, i never really fished for bream, but wouldnt mind giving it a go. plus i have seen a guy pull a 52cm flathead in from that small pontoon thing many years ago.

cant wait till i get better and can take the mrs to ardrossan for some big squid. it was funny today. i was like `wanna leave yet?` and she responded with, `cant i just have another half an hour?`

hahaha. loves it.

ha ha u must be luvin it

yea you do get the odd flathead in there iv seen a few and some realy big catfish

Ones down the bottom running single trebble hooks on the rear?

they have all had the single hook conversion by the looks :lol: :lol:

I run singles on all my lures back and front makes it easier to remove the hooks and is a lot better for the fish ^_^