Sign in to follow this  
Softy

Fishing spots in Adelaide

i have some 7" gulps i am hanging to try on 8lb gear for fun for mullies :lol:

7" ???... asians only use 2" :lol::lol::lol:

im fair keen for a fish soon

i just wanna take the mrs over to ardrossan for some diecent squid and then i can chuck a livey out and hope for a mully or a kingy. hahahaha

im fair keen for a fish soon

i just wanna take the mrs over to ardrossan for some diecent squid and then i can chuck a livey out and hope for a mully or a kingy. hahahaha

i'm heading out 2day, before i go to mallala.

launching at st. kilda in less than 1 hr, and will prob do the black pole semaphore/grange reefs

will let u know how i go

I cleaned my tacklebox up this morning.

I've come to the realisation I need a bigger one.

the bigge ryou guy.. the better.... but you will ALWAYS have a need for more tackle :P

i have so many lures and plastics it aint funny!!!

Quick heads up

Season is closed for Bream in the Onk upstream of the Main south rd bridge at Noarlunga.

1st September till 30th November inclusive

Saturday is meant to be 26 lookin good for a port river bash.

Too bad you work every saturday lol. Looks like me n mitch might have to take her out :rolleyes:

Too bad you work every saturday lol. Looks like me n mitch might have to take her out :rolleyes:

Im not letting Mitch drive it he might Crash it and not pay for it lol :lol:

Went fishing in the Onka this arvo. IT is so f**kin muddy. No where near as clear as it was a few weeks ago. Spent bout 5 hours moving around with out a single fish. What happened to all the bream n the mullys?????? :(

• Upvote 1

See a few threads on other forums, looks like bream have started firing again in West lakes.

Went fishing in the Onka this arvo. IT is so f**kin muddy. No where near as clear as it was a few weeks ago. Spent bout 5 hours moving around with out a single fish. What happened to all the bream n the mullys?????? :(

its not usually that muddy what was the tide like? it dose get a bit brown at the bottom of low tide.

See a few threads on other forums, looks like bream have started firing again in West lakes.

certainly were softy, i fished for just over an hour saturday and caught four, three were nothing to get excited about but one was the best fighting bream i've ever caught, here's a pic.

The one on the bucket is one i cought a couple of months back in a creek down myponga!

Still haven't had any luck with soft plastic's!

05-09-09_1205.jpg

23-05-09_1734.jpg

its not usually that muddy what was the tide like? it dose get a bit brown at the bottom of low tide.

the last two time's i've fished perry's bend mike its been incredibly muddy. look's like i won't be going there for a while with the close and all.

the last two time's i've fished perry's bend mike its been incredibly muddy. look's like i won't be going there for a while with the close and all.

Thats understandable Perry's bend is a fair way up from the mouth it dosen't get to clear up there, i thought you's were talking about near the walk bridge, it only gets muddy near the mouth after days of heavy rain.

Some nice bream u have there ^_^

Where are people fishing in West lakes? Might give it a crack some time.

I went to west lakes yesterday arvo and caught about 5 bream between 5-12cm all on the float, was a bit of fun.

I did catch 1 decent sized gar though

Im not letting Mitch drive it he might Crash it and not pay for it lol :lol:

rofl1.gif

Epic lols :lol:

Just seen the weather report, hoping to get out both days, Saturday looks the prime day at this stage.

Have a fish out on the Sunday at a club dam, weather is looking good for that.

don't really believe there's one spot better than another when it comes to west lakes unless you're targetting mulloway!

don't really believe there's one spot better than another when it comes to west lakes unless you're targetting mulloway!

I have a spot where u rarely get snagged and can produce very well on a rising dusk tide.

but all lips are sealed...

there's definately some big bream out there, my biggest was around 42cm from the above mentioned spot

Just got the new BCF catalogue via Email, there is a Berkeley "stool/seat" thing ill defentlly be getting one for fresh water fishing, nice and light to carry thru the scrub, and will give me somewhere to sit and wait for them stubborn fresh water fish :lol:

yeah saw that... nice set up... ive already got my stool set up tho..

but interested on having a look atleast!!

SAFWAA meeting thursday night

Any of you interested in joining up?

yeah saw that... nice set up... ive already got my stool set up tho..

but interested on having a look atleast!!

SAFWAA meeting thursday night

Any of you interested in joining up?

Got one of those Berkely stool/bag carriers and found them to be quiet flimsy, but each to their own.

prob won't be joining again this thursday, i've gotta move houses, while everyone will be laughing it up and prob catch reddies from thursday-sunday

maybe next fortnight

meetings are monthly.. so will be another month till ya can join. we have a dam fish out sunday.

" bring every rod you got in your shed our aim is to catch everything in this dam possible"

:D

meetings are monthly.. so will be another month till ya can join. we have a dam fish out sunday.

" bring every rod you got in your shed our aim is to catch everything in this dam possible"

:D

:lol::lol::lol:

sounds like one of those strike hook threads when 1 bloke was using 4 handlines and 2 rods on a jetty by himself.

is most of the club dams catch and release? can u release Reddies back?

really need to get onto this Redfin ban-wagon, wanna know what the hype is all about.

Really tempted to tell the missus... " oh... but i've rung around and most places are booked out of trailers "

I'll see how it goes, hopefully i make it.

could i have the address again? and it's 6pm right?

pretty sure it's near the cop-shop in the city, but i wouldn't know where to start looking

Sitting on the computer and i hear the door bell ring... hhhmmm, who could this be???

Bloke call's out... Parcel Post... i'm thinking... eehhhh, want has someone bought now?

I have a parcel for you MR_DoRi... i'm like, ok sure

Anywayz, open the box and find my new Shimano Twin Power 2500

I'm like Yes.

Bought it off ebay for like $80 from the state and thought, this might be dodgey, but very impress i am.

soo happy right now. Might have to con the missus harder so i can use my new reel.

will be getting it spooled with my leftover 6lb Rovex braid, which i have roughly 150yds

forgot to mention it has 2 spools also.

Club Dams this Sunday Del & Softy?

Nice work on the reel.

And looks like we are going to a club dam for a "fish out" Sunday to try and remove some of the carp in one of them.

really need to get onto this Redfin ban-wagon, wanna know what the hype is all about.

I have caught heaps of them both in the quarry and in a mates stocked dam, I still dont see what the hype is. They are good fun to catch and will hit any lure that moves, but once hooked they dont seem to put up a very good fight. Maybe it's in the eating, as I am yet to eat one. Who knows. :lol: