Sign in to follow this  
33gts-t

r33 gtst manual conversion

Hey Guys

I am about to do a manual conversion on my r33 gtst in the coming month and just need to know what i need exactly. obviously i need the gearbox itself, ecu, tail shaft and pedals but not sure what else.

Also how are they to put in is it easy or hard

Cheers Aaron

Edited by 33gts-t

Hay Guys

I am about to do a manual conversion on my r33 gtst in the coming month and just need to know what i need exactly. obviously i need the gearbox itself, ecu, tail shaft and pedals but not sure what else.

Also how are they to put in is it easy or hard

Cheers Aaron

ECU

Gearbox

Pedals

Clutch master Cylinder

Clutch Slave Cylinder (should come with the gearbox)

Clutch line

Brake Fluid

Gearbox Crossmember

Flywheel

Clutch

Tailshaft

Spigot Bearing for a manual

Time, space and money ;)

That should cover everything you need.

As far as being easy or hard. Depends on the tools you have and experience you have had. But it's not what I would class as a hard job.

hahaha nar not hard at all lol so all up what is he looking at in cost for all of this?

hahaha nar not hard at all lol so all up what is he looking at in cost for all of this?

I don't see him having any change from about $4,000 doing it himself. Depends on if he wants a good clutch in it. Then could go up a bit more.

yeah well at the best price, a good clutch will be a min of $500, i just bought a top of the line extreeme clutch and flywheel package for over $1000.. An RB25 gearbox is anywhere between $800 to $1800 depending on where you get it and how long you want to wait, clutch and brake pedals with master cylinders are usually $400 for the set, spigot bearing is $5, if you pick up a tailshaft and cross member with the gearbox then that'll save you money, otherwise those 2 will cost about $500 or less if you find second hand ones somewhere.

I mean you could get out of it for under $2,000 if you find the right parts at the right time, but generally i'd say prepare for at least $3000. The most expensive part being the gearbox... If you go with an RB20 box then i reckon you could easily do it for $2000 most days. As long as you do all the labour yourself.

yeah well at the best price, a good clutch will be a min of $500, i just bought a top of the line extreeme clutch and flywheel package for over $1000.. An RB25 gearbox is anywhere between $800 to $1800 depending on where you get it and how long you want to wait, clutch and brake pedals with master cylinders are usually $400 for the set, spigot bearing is $5, if you pick up a tailshaft and cross member with the gearbox then that'll save you money, otherwise those 2 will cost about $500 or less if you find second hand ones somewhere.

I mean you could get out of it for under $2,000 if you find the right parts at the right time, but generally i'd say prepare for at least $3000. The most expensive part being the gearbox... If you go with an RB20 box then i reckon you could easily do it for $2000 most days. As long as you do all the labour yourself.

Yeah gearbox is the killer these days usually most of the time now $1600-$2000. And since he needs a clutch and flywheel it's going to be over $1000. So there is basically $3000 already

Hay

Thanks for the info guys I'm not in any rush to get it all together, im just going to take my time. looking around for the right price.

as for putting it in the gearbox id rather save money and learn at the same time and bribe people with beer to give me a hand LOL

thanks

hey greg, i'll come help you drink.

pick up a used flywheel from an RB30 for $50 from the wreckers if you want it done cheap.. clutch will still be at least $500

beers? i'm f**ken there!

I think i have a clutch pedal, brake pedal, master cylinder and slave cylinder you can buy. I also have an RB25 R33 manual ECU and an RB30 manual flywheel and clutch.

haha you shouldnt say anything about beer on ns man ill bring over a 6pack but the rest you have to suply lol

Thats ok Sol passes out after a couple beers anyway, so more for us.

speak for yourself princess, the last time i saw you get drunk you'd had 5 drinks & got us all locked out by your missus for carrying on like a wanker :lol:

Whats the point of drinking if you carnt act like idiots lol and to anyone the loved ones

Thats ok Sol passes out after a couple beers anyway, so more for us.

hahhahaha man almost fell over and now the claws are out lol

homos come to the skid pan on the 27th or your a girl hahaha joking but be mad if some of the guys got out there

Whats the point of drinking if you carnt act like idiots lol and to anyone the loved ones

perhaps it's time you stopped drinking, or are you just shit at English?

I just converted mine from auto to manual, cost me 2k all up with all parts installed and working in the car :)

whoever tells you its 4k and over has no idea. just take your time looking for a conversion kit and you will find one to suit your budget.

I just converted mine from auto to manual, cost me 2k all up with all parts installed and working in the car :)

whoever tells you its 4k and over has no idea. just take your time looking for a conversion kit and you will find one to suit your budget.

for $2K i'm assuming you did most of it yourself?

Hey

Does anyone have a manual gearbox for sale localy

Cheers

Hey

Does anyone have a manual gearbox for sale localy

Cheers

We might be able to sort something out considering I have the rest of the stuff you need (minus Slave cylinder).

Its a 5 Speed box out off a S14a, No problems with it at all.

I also have a Extreme light weight flywheel and Cushion button clutch to suit which is basically brand new, I don't think it was even bedded in yet.

Give me a call and we can talk prices for the lot, I originally wanted to sell the motor a box together.

ahh Crap, I just realised you are bolting it to a RB25 (I assume an SR), my Gearbox wont bolt up.. Sorry.

msg-63447-1245382541_thumb.jpgmsg-63447-1245382541_thumb.jpg

Hey guys will this be all i need for my conversion

cheers

cheers

So are you still interested in my brake and clutch peddles, slave/master cylinder etc etc?

cheers

So are you still interested in my brake and clutch peddles, slave/master cylinder etc etc?

Sorry mate

Im getting all this for $1500

cheers anyway

Hopefully it's not from a guy in Queensland. You will never see it or your money :o

hahah trust me i know from experience!

speaking of which anyone know of a good small claims lawyer.

hahah trust me i know from experience!

speaking of which anyone know of a good small claims lawyer.

Dont need a lawyer for small claims