Sign in to follow this  
NVS-200

high and low beam HID's in S15

just wondering if anyone has got hi/lo HID's in their S15 using the factory low and high positions (not just switching in the factory low beam position).

and if so were can i get a kit :)

What do you mean mate?

You can fit 2 HID kits one high and one low beam kit and have both HID high and low beam.

i already got HID's for low beam but my high beam still has the normal factory globes, i wanna know if there are kits for this to have the high beams as HIDs aswell (using four globes).

dont see the point though

no one ever sees the car when the high beams are on,

and once i put my hids on i bearly use my high beams (i live in a country area too)

u must be struggling to spend ur money if ur wasting ur time with HID high beam

they give a better light than normal globes and i drive to adelaide from renmark (250kms) around every month for trade school and i thought it would be good to get some hid high beams to get better light and to spot the kangaroos :)

fair enough..but i think anything over 4300k is probly worse for visibility..

oh ok kool. ill c what i can see on ebay ;)

has anyone got hid high beams in there S15???

why would you, not like anyone is going to see you use your high beam and say wow this guy got hids

sorry to spot kangaroos didnt read that

u can get kits now which have both for pretty much the same price..so i guess if u wanna be uber cool

yes i do i bought it off ebay it was bright as

cool what they like, heaps brighter??? can you see heaps far???

I'm not sure why you would want to switch your hi beams to HID. The HID kits that I have seen all take time to 'warm up' to their correct light output - a feature that you can cope with for your low beams, but you want your hi beams to be instant on. Have you thought about getting some +55 globes for your hi beams instead?

I have an S15 with HID high beams. They work brilliantly. I live in a country area and use them all the time, they were well worth the price. I like to be able to see as much as possible when I'm driving, low beam HID's do not compare to high beam HID's, they might to normal bulb high beams. Also you'll find that the charge up time isn't really that much of a pain since your low beams are still on anyway.

The kits I have are Kaixen kits, which are a Korean brand (most people associate Korean products with Chinese quality, but they are actually more on par with Japan in terms of electronics). There's a guy on NS.com that was selling them that I purchased off, if you find one of his threads you'll find a review that I did on them also.

I have an S15 with HID high beams. They work brilliantly. I live in a country area and use them all the time, they were well worth the price. I like to be able to see as much as possible when I'm driving, low beam HID's do not compare to high beam HID's, they might to normal bulb high beams. Also you'll find that the charge up time isn't really that much of a pain since your low beams are still on anyway.

The kits I have are Kaixen kits, which are a Korean brand (most people associate Korean products with Chinese quality, but they are actually more on par with Japan in terms of electronics). There's a guy on NS.com that was selling them that I purchased off, if you find one of his threads you'll find a review that I did on them also.

cool ill look into them thanks

I'm not sure why you would want to switch your hi beams to HID. The HID kits that I have seen all take time to 'warm up' to their correct light output - a feature that you can cope with for your low beams, but you want your hi beams to be instant on. Have you thought about getting some +55 globes for your hi beams instead?

ok. well why do they have HID spot lights for 4WD's then?