Sign in to follow this  
Deep-Dish

Aquarium Chat Thread

OH OH also guess what my banggai cardinals are breeding! the male has a mouth full of eggs and is hanging out near the back of the tank and chasing anything that goes near him! hopefully a few baby's survive! guess i gotta pump the food at my flame angel cause he is pretty much the only one who would eat the baby fish.

this might be a stupid comment but though about putting them in a fry net when they hatch?

Got a few quote today from around the place, looks to be about 240 for the tank pains of glass then i will have to put them together myself, otherwise its up around 450-500.

Joys of a custom tank.

Then i will have to build my own sump.

Sidd i saw you where giving away frags of your leather on the reefuge, want to try send one via mail?

Spudnic get someone to build a tank for you, really not worth having to do it yourself for what someone can do it for!

Shame you cannot just get a standard size. A 4x1.5x1.5 cost me $200 lol

If I have any left over I will send it by mail. But there is always a risk with sending it via post.

sweet, dont stress over it though.

I already built a stand and i am limited for space unfortunately.

Anyone know where i can get either a Tunze 9002 or hydor slim skim nano and a vortex mp10?

hey Sidd did you end up taking any more photo's of my tank apart from the 2 you uploaded?

edit here is the cat i got:

20120416165023.jpg

Edited by CroS13

^ ah nice looking great :) How much was it?

Yea I got few more pics. Will find some for you.

Picked up a toxic green helio over the weekend and while there spotted a little clam in the corner, so they now both reside in my tank. Need to get rid of my huge brown and white helio now to open up some space

318242_10150804008446056_728776055_9381651_917762059_n.jpg

How cool is this tank:

553112_10151506637445015_845935014_23686528_1352466409_n.jpg

522035_10151506647220015_845935014_23686544_626719182_n.jpg

3 ecoxotic pendants on that

That green helio looks awesome. I got the same orange one as well, but my the stupid crab in my tank moved it and it touched my lobo over night. So im sure you know who won that fight!! I will see if I can find a pic.

hey Sidd did you end up taking any more photo's of my tank apart from the 2 you uploaded?

Some more for you :)

IMG_3173_resize.jpg

IMG_3174_resize.jpg

IMG_3175_resize.jpg

IMG_3176_resize.jpg

3 ecoxotic pendants on that

Ah thought they looked familiar.

Here is the most recent pic of my tank. Yea I should have cleaned the tank first before taking the picture but you get the idea:

fishtank003_resize.jpg

6ft has just been water tested and apart from 1 small pipe leaking its ready to be filled with sand, water and rock! WOOHOOOOOOOO

Josh.... :D

OMG check out this massive build!!!!!

http://web1.reefcent...d.php?t=1783997

I flicked through that thread late last year, thought it was pretty cool till I saw this 20,000G tank in a guys house which is a 20x better build quality and he built pretty much everything himself, even pictures in their of building the skimmers in his kitchen

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f265/20-000-gallon-tank-construction-62008/

Some amazing stuff

newfilter001.jpg

^ Goddamn!!!! Spent like 30mins reading thru it all. Amazing!!

If I was rich I would do the same lol.

On other news.. My gf is selling her 2ft cube, stand, sump, pipe work for $400. If you in Sydney and pick up soon I can give you free salt water to fill up the whole tank. Its a octopus brand 2ft cube. Oh and also comes with a hood.

The tank is also all cleaned up.

If you keen pm me. cheers

geelong.

I am getting f**ked around with this tank i am trying to order...

Giving them till Tuesday till i get my money back.

I have a 5 foot tank with two mental case oscars, a black and an albino. Kill everything I have put in with them, given up now just putting in feeder fish and a few special treats like gold fish!

In the last 4 months they have laid about 6 batches of eggs, none have lasted more than 12 hours before getting eaten again! Still don't know if I have a male and female or just 2 females?!

Great fish though full of personality!!

Thinking of pulling out the next batch of eggs and trying to hatch them away from the parents

Have had them since fingerlings and are now a good 25cm and quite broad

Have spent two years of My life working on/ managing a barra farm here in sa. Studied aquaculture out of school. Have now taken the next logical step forward and work at R. M. Williams! Hahahaha

since your all fish junkies, I have a 4ft tank someone can have for free

dam it!!!!!!! HELP!!

i went to the local aquarium and they were fresh out of fry boxes, because my Cardinal's have hatched and he is holding atleast 5 baby's in his mouth!!!! but they are getting so big he cant hold them in anymore!

now the dude at the aquarium told me i could try and make a "fake urchin" as lo and behold, they didn't have any sea urchins for sale either!!!! so i used up the remainder of my aqua kneed it and found some old BBQ skewers and made the best urchin i could! which is still pretty crappy.

crappyurchin.jpg

now that was yesterday, and i just saw the male cardinal spit out one baby because there is no room in his mouth! they both were hanging around the "urchin" checking it out, but i guess it wasn't up to his standards as the baby cardinal swam right into my brown torch coral, and he has been hanging there for the past hour!

what do i do!!!! ive got some baby brine shrimp in the tank but its probably most likely gonna be eaten by the coral not the baby fish!! the male still has at least 3 baby's in his mouth that i can see, and they are trying to swim out of his mouth, but he keeps gulping and stopping them, but he is really struggling they barley fit!! what to do what to do!! argh!! :sick:

hidingbaby1.jpg

20120513183215.jpg

Edited by CroS13

I dont know anything about those fish :( Post it up on the masa forums man. Im sure someone will help there.

But good news they are breeding.

Tanks looking awesome r31silo :) Great collection of various corals.

so i woke up this morning to see this!!!

baby1dd.jpg

great success!!!

and about half a hour later, with the help of Mr siphon hose, we had this:

baby2fv.jpg

:thumbsup:

now the issue is trying to get the male, as he is still holding many many fry in his mouth, easier said then done!! :Drugs:

Oh WOW!!! wait.. so is that a newborn? That tiny little one?

Latest FTS: May 14th 2012

ja-001a_resize.jpg

sure is! so cute! bout the size of my pinky fingernail! he has been in his dads mouth for about a week now so i guess he is a week old?

apparently they can breed 30 at a time!!!! and the male swims up to the front of the glass, and his mouth is half open, and i can see all the baby's swimming in his mouth trying to escape!!!! its nuts! they are born looking exactly like the parents!!