Sign in to follow this  
Deep-Dish

Aquarium Chat Thread

so im in the phillipines o holiday and i just managed to get some wifi for he first time in a week, hile in Borakay i went snorkeling off a shallow coral reef, i wish i had a camera! heaps of angel fish everywhere, plenty of awesome coral, there were sea urchins as big as my head everywhere, a green goni the size of my body, heaps of small clusters of hammers and torches everywhere, i know preserve the beauty of nature and all but the wog in me just saw 100 dollar bills floating in the water, literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of stock under there!

Hey guys I'm just setting up my first marine set up its only 160L with a 3ft sump, that's all I have atm so if anyone is looking to sell any gear, lights wave makers pumps ect ect lemme know cheers

I finally have water in my 4ft. Just seeding some base rock currently which seems to be leaching some phosphate. Will add some more live rock in a couple weeks

20121108_163834.jpg

Finally Josh.

I will be around saturday arvo to push you into getting the sump up and running too :P

Good to see the tank wet!!!!! Look forward to seing your progress.

Hopefully my new tank arrives in a week or two.. Still waiting :(

So I've done some renovating and added a room and ensuite in my basment, I've also added a 750L african cichlid inwall aquarium

IMAG0747.jpg

Still needs to be plastered and painted, will be holding a colony of 23 tropheus red moliro, will also have a south American tank with peacock bass and a small marine on the build

IMAG0849.jpg

IMAG0851.jpg

Took first 5 corals back to the 3ft tank today, picked up a 4ft as 1 of the holding tanks and currently water testing it. Couldnt think how stressful its becoming to move a 3ft tank and a 6ft tank that are both running :/

This seems to have died??

I know have all corals that survived in my 6ft tank

The Red Sea Max 250 is for sale at 1k ono

I will bring it back to life soon :) Getting my new tank delivered this week. Cant wait!!

My 4fter is coming along not too badly, had a couple of fish losses though which suck. Got a fair few new corals since this pic too

tank16-1-2013034_zps0ef5e5c6.jpg

tank16-1-2013033_zps66d460ce.jpg

My tank crashed and everything in it died, including my damsel and barrier reef clown which I had the longest. :(

So tore it all down and am only keeping one of my tanks, my smaller rocks and my more expensive gear for when my daughter is older and we can set up a tank together... Everything else got tossed.

f**k that sux man!

My tank has slowly gone downhill since my holiday, lost alot of coral, lost a few fish, and i dont think its recovorable, my mate who helped me set up even told me best to scrap it and re start (with a 6ft tank)

Tanks still looking great josh. How come you lost some fish?

What happened to your tank Zerofallen? The reason for the crash?

Rudi - Time to upgrade to that 6ft tank :P heheh

No idea... I'm thinking an ammonia spike from something dying off unnoticed. When everything died I was beyond caring what caused it.

Tanks still looking great josh. How come you lost some fish?

Cheers :thumb:

I lost a powder brown tang, 3 days after purchase to broklynella parasite while in quarantine. After a bit of reading it's a good thing I did quarantine as they say brook can take a whole tank down in under 12 hrs if let go.

Also lost a dispar anthia to carpet surfing a few days after that, and currently have another anthia hiding in a cave with a bung eye. Been there for over a week now and doesnt look like he's eating so dont know if it will survive.

About to set up my marine tank, thoughts on what the best set up would be 800L tank

^ Do a lot of research before purchasing anything. There are so many various setups that we can talk all day about it. Best to join masa or reefuge and go thru everyones tank journals. This will give you a good idea of whats involved and how much to save up for.

I recently upgraded my tank and built a whole new custom made setup.

Display System:

Strike up Date: 10/03/2013

Display Tank: 4x2.5x2 - Euro brace, Single corner weir, kitchen splash back, Star fire front glass

Display Lighting: 2 Ecotech Radion Units

Stand: Custom made steel stand.

Hood: None. Open top!!

Sump: 3ft with RO chamber.

Support systems:

System Water: Natural salt water purchased at Aquarium stores.

Display Water circulation: 2 ecotech mp40wes.

Return Pump: DC5000 waveline

Skimmer: RLSS r6i

Evaporation Top Up:4 Stage PSIFilters RO/DI Unit

Chiller: Teco RA-680 Chiller - Going to upgrade and get something bigger and better.

Top up: Tunze Osmolator

Iphone pic for now:

602694_10152675512525457_113090374_n.jpg

Transferred half the stuff back into the tank.

7W3A2067_resize_zpsb77f4126.jpg

3 weeks later..

564732_10152765010355457_271285175_n.jpg

4-5 weeks later:

My new clam :) Thanks itzmatty!!!! Freaking love the colours.

47986_10152780686265457_1406797383_n.jpg

547872_10152780693120457_1524113535_n.jpg

Just some more quick random shots. Will take proper pics soon. For now you can view theselol.

Remember that tiny frag i had a while ago. Well its a massive colony now. Would have been even bigger but had to frag it a bit.

Closeup

526488_10152780684575457_569677562_n.jpg

Wider view

72894_10152780690070457_65059217_n.jpg

My massive elegance. Grow a lot in the past 4 years lol.

11913_10152780691310457_555227847_n.jpg

My three beautiful clams:

526480_10152780693165457_1948115122_n.jpg

Top down shot:

Damn hard to get shots with these radions showing its reflection in the water :(

540512_10152780692965457_378902248_n.jpg

hahaha now you have a cabinet your proud to photo! :lol::P

looking good, but to my eye from what i can remember it doesn't look all that much bigger in size than your old tank, clam looks like it has more room though.

Im on the verge of breaking down my tank, no motivation what so ever, and there is so much green hair algae in my tank its not funny......

The new tank just has more depth than the old tank, but its better designed. Loving the euro brace as well!!

hahahah yeah the cabinet is so much better. Also designed a new sump with a RO chamber.

The new tank is just better designed with lots of good gear (like ecotech lights, pumps etc etc etc).

Get a new tank and you will be heaps motivated!! DO IT!! HHAHA

man this makes me sad i dont have a marine setup. wish they were so much effort!

Hey guys looking for a "R2 Solutions Extreme LED Moonlight" for my tank, however im not having much luck to find someone to ship to Australia.

Anyone have any knowledge of the light and point me in the right direction?

http://www.marinedepot.com/R2_Solutions_Extreme_LED_Moonlights_Moon_Light_Fixtures_for_Aquariums-R2_Solutions-RM1111-FILTFIML-vi.html

Just got my turtle a new tank :)

Hopefully i will be able to set this one up decent to let him have something to play around in!

Haven't been here for a while but this is what i have been working on lately.

Transferred everything from my fluval to my new tank, build everything myself, from stand to lights.

2013-08-11 18.10.36.jpg2013-08-11 18.11.38.jpg2013-08-11 18.11.38.jpg2013-08-11 18.11.53.jpg2013-08-11 18.12.07.jpg2013-08-11 18.14.18.jpg

I don't have any amazing marine tanks to show but this was my first tank in its 4th incarnation that unfortunately burst not to long ago

323648A2-D7A4-4D70-AC8D-13024EF46146-771-0000002C90AC70C1.jpg

Was just starting to get some growth and kinda happy with it.

And my little tank.

FF93E36C-15EC-45C4-BF49-A678495AFB32-771-0000002C542B52EA.jpg

In its 75th incarnation. Never ever been happy with it. It's getting okay lately but hindered by the led's I think, going to break it down as soon as my 4x2x2 is up and running.

How does that light not bug the shit out of you without any sort of projection aide? (Ie: pointing it down into tank instead of out like it is at the moment)