Sign in to follow this  
azzura

tapping oil feed for sr20de+t

a friend of mine told me that there is a guy in vic that will come out and tapp your oil feeds into your block without taking the enige out and without getting shavings in your sump? anyone know who can do this, or herd of this guy, contact information? any help would be appreciated!..

cheers..

i once heard of this mysterious person, but never met him. I think he is known as 'The Thread Doctor' someone on here should definitely have his details.

ahah well atlest he more the likly exist, so its "the thread doctor" im looking for thanks for that anyway.. hopefully someone has his details!!..

search the yellow pages

his number is 0419 507 633

0419507633 thread doctor

sweet thanks for your help has anyone had this done by him or used him for anything else before i get him to tap my block?

i think he's still goin to have to drop the sump to tap the holes, theres no way u could drill and then tap the block without gettin any swarf in the sump

yeah i cant really see how he cant get anything in the sump

maybe just run some oil through the motor a few times

my work uses him,

good at wat he does

why dnt u just take your sump off and tap that, bit risky taping the block

easy when its out of the car, not when its still in just tap the sump

yeah thanks for that, still unsure wether im gonna tap block or sump most likly sump, ill give him a call in next week or too, cheers

its just as hard to unbolt the sump plate and remove as it is to take the engine out of the car in the first place.

It doesn't take long to yank an s13 anyway specially an n/a i think we got down to just over 2 hours to remove sr20det, box, tailshaft, cooler and radiator with 2 of us.

Take the engine out and do it properly, the thread doctor would charge stuff all then, if not do it your self.

Problem is with tapping the oil feed is that port goes directly into the main crank bearings ports and oil squirters, the only way to clean shit out of that port is to unscrew the grub screws in the front of the engine behind the oil pump housing and blow it all out (big job for a upgrade) so dont bother tapping an oil feed line, jsut run a braided line from the factory oil pressure switch on the oil filter block.

tap the drain where its supposed to go in the block, if you put the engine on a stand and take off the sump pan and plate you wont even have to clean anything as the shit will fall straight onto the ground.

the water feed on the other hand isnt to bad and i wouldnt really bother trying to save anything there as it will flush its way out anyway.

but metal filings into mains journal = fail.

+1 to what donny has said. better to pull the motor out completely and get your oil feed of of where your oil pres sensor is and return through the block for best results

heard of an oil flush ;)

Is that something magical which reverses the flow of the oil pump and pulls the metal filings out of the port, then magically through the oil filter?

Or does it flow the oil through the main bearings, around your crank journals through to the big end on the rods and grind the bearing away or get stuck in oil jet, or does it take an alterntive route off the mains port through your new turbo and either block up the oil feed or destroy the bearings and then drop into the sump and clog up your oil pick up and make the pump have air pockets and cavitation from imploding vapor bubbles causing instant lose of pressure to bearings and heats up and picks them up.

Or again take an alternative route straight down the end of the mains port up to the head and blocks up your squirter bars on the head or pops its head out into the cam journals?

an oil flush isnt going to do shit when you just stuck metal filings into the middle of the system, it has to come out some where.

rofl that dude just failed miserably.

How the hell would an oil flush, flush out metal filings when some of the oil feed openings are slightly bigger then a blob of ink on a peice of paper?

fail.