Currently: 143.1kg and 6'3".

Target: 100-115kg and hopefully i dont shrink lol

Last night:

Bench: 3x8 80kg

BB Curls: 3x8 40kg

Upright Rows: 3x8 45kg

Skull Crush: 3x15 20.5kg

Cable Xover: 3x15 27.5kg

8km on exercise bike (should have gone to 10km but gf wanted to watch Greys Anatomy) and 4 laps of pool and treading water on spot.

Currently i train at the Revive gym on Marion road adelaide. Go Tuesday and Thursday and looking to start going saturday morning as well. Also gonna try and get my mate to play some squash with me cause i would imagine the bursts would help with weight loss.

Been drinking heaps of water and have a protein shake with Creatine after workouts. (should i be taking it before instead?)

Tuesdays workout i will add in Deadlifts (used to do 110kg but think i will try for 80kg 3x8), want to get into squats but im a bit too unco at the moment so maybe i will try them with dumbells instead (dont laugh :lol: )

ok so back into it after having swine flu...

Weight 143.0kg... uhhh lost 100grams...

Bench: 3x8 80kg

BB Curls: 3x8 40kg

Upright Rows: 3x10 45kg

Skull Crush: 3x20 25kg

Cable Xover: 3x20 27.5kg

you should have added extra wieght to those lifts you completed 3x8 last work out... if it was easy add 10kg or wat ever you like as long as your increasin weights, sets or reps should promote more wieght loss while helping with strength and muscle growth. gl

Hey mate.

Some gyms have hammer strength machines for squating and deadlifting. I dont reccomend them for actually serious use but if you want to get a feel as to the motion you go through you could give it ago.

Especially with the squats i see so much bad form in the gym it isnt funny in a few years time these people wont be able to walk.

If you get stuck markos has a cheap az dvd that outlines everything you need ot know about what you should be doing.

Best of luck with it all..

And piss that 8km bike ride off unless its a real bike and you do it for relaxation purposes.

Was unmotivated for a while only lifting what i already could. Have changed my routine a bit after doing some reading on here.

I have now started eating a lot cleaner and am making my meals the night before to take to work (missus loves this as i cook her tea at same time <_>

So i have been really focusing on Bench, Incline dumbbell press, Military Press, Upright Rows, Reverse Barbell Curls, Deadlifts and B/O Rows.

Thursday 27th

Bench: 90kg 3x8

MP: 50kg 3x10 (2x25 dumbbells)

B/O Rows 60kg 3x8

Reverse Barb Curls: 35kg 3x8

Tuesday 1st

Incline DB: 60kg 3x8 (2x30kg DB)

Up Rows: 45kg 3x8

Deadlifts: 90kg 3x8

My shift has just changed to 10am-6pm so gonna try and go gym every second morning before work and start going on weekends as well.

Also if anyone can suggest some more lifts that i could incorporate into what i am already doing please dont hesitate :thumbsup:

No gym session last night as my transport (gf) had dance.

Was pretty lame but did:

MP: 50kg 3x10 (2x25 DB)

Up Row: 50kg 3x8

Skl Crush: 25kg 3x20

Push Ups 3x20

Will hit up the gym tomorrow to make up for crap session last night.

07/09/09 Morning

Bench 90kg 3x8

MP 50kg 3x8 (2x25 DB)

SCrush 30kg 3x15

DB curl ??kg 2x20 (fast reps)

First morning session since being on the new gay shift.

Wasn't too bad, feel a bit crap in the morning not being fully awake and no shower lol.

Don't know how i am going to go increasing weights without people there to spot me... can only just get the dumbbells over my head for MP and Incline press :(

Wednesday 09/09/09

142.7kg

Deadlift 100kg 3x5

B/O Rows 60kg 3x8

Arnie Press 40kg 2x8 1x6=failed (2x20kg DB)

Used gloves for the deadlifts and found it much easier to complete the sets.

I have decided to change my routine again to focus on:

Deadlift, B/O Rows, Arnie Press, Bench, Incline Press, Squats, Dips and Pullups.

I am pretty sure i will only be able to do 2 or 3 dips/pullups as i weigh 140kg... Is it worth doing them on that machine that helps you or just start with 2 and go from there?

Hey mate piss the gloves off and get some chalk..

Would love to but no chalk allowed ;)

Monday 14/09/09

Deadlift 120kg 3x5 1x2 1x3 (grip started failing :unsure: )

B/O Rows 65kg 2x8 1x6

Inc Press 60kg 1x8 2x6 (2x30kg DB)

Grip seems to be failing me on my 3rd set of deadlifts... dont really understand why but the bar seems to slip down into my finger tips. Was getting very annoyed.

17/09/09

Deads 120kg 2x5 1x2 1x3 again with the grip, so fkn annoyed at this

Rows 60kg 3x8

MP 50kg 3x5 (2x25kg DB) Think i might have twinged something tonight doing these but cant tell just yet.

Squats! 3x20 bar only.

Never squatted before in my life so trying to get used to it.

Felt pretty good and as far as i know i was doing it correctly - will try adding some weights on saturday if my legs are okay haha (remember im a fat bastard at 140kg - unweighted are still gonna kill me i think)

Shoulder seems to be fine - used this awesome Flexall Gell that my dad gave me, like $100 a bottle. First time i have used it and it seems to have worked wonders ^_^

Still wont risk it and will wait until Monday/Wednesday before i MP again

22/09/09

Deads - 120kg 2x5 1x3 1x2 (next time i will have 3x5 no matter what)

Rows - 60kg 3x8

Inc DB press - 50kg 1x15 2x12 (last few reps on these my head felt as though it was going to explode ha!)

Thought about squatting again but want to be able to kick the football this weekend for the afl grandfinal.

Took me 4 days to be able to walk properly after my last squats, using the bar only... i am gonna be in trouble when i add plates

Back into it.

29/09/09

Deads - 120kg 3x5 (solid sets, no 2 reps and 3 reps this time w00t)

Rows - 65kg 1x8 2x6

IncDB - 60kg 3x8 (gonna increase these, so hard to get up the first time though :unsure: )

MP - 40kg 3x8

Tri PD - 60kg 3x10

Back into it.

29/09/09

Deads - 120kg 3x5 (solid sets, no 2 reps and 3 reps this time w00t)

Rows - 65kg 1x8 2x6

IncDB - 60kg 3x8 (gonna increase these, so hard to get up the first time though :unsure: )

MP - 40kg 3x8

Tri PD - 60kg 3x10

Keep up the good work mate

never give up

02/10/09

Rows - 62.5kg 3x8

IncDB - 65kg 3x8 (2x32.5kg)

Lat PD - 63.6kg 3x10

Tri PD - 60kg 3x10

C X/O - 60kg 3x10

Curls - ??kg 3x15

Went to gym with a mate who wanted to do cross overs and curls so tagged along.

05/10/2009

Rows - 60kg 3x8

IncDB - 60kg 3x15 (2x30kg)

Lat PD - 63.6kg 3x10

Tri PD - 60kg 3x10

Got to gym late and got kicked out being a public holiday in SA.

Played 2 rounds of golf over the weekend, (saturday and monday) and noticed i must have strained my right delt at some stage <_>

07/10/2009

IncDB - 65kg 3x8 (2x32.5kg DB)

Deads - 120kg 2x5 1x4 1x3

Lat PD - 63.6kg 3x10

Tri PD - 60kg 3x12

08/10/2009

Tabata Thrusters

Got 4 sets and failed 5 seconds into the 5th set.

Was only using 5kg dumbbells and it bloody cained me. Gonna try do this at least once a week.

Finding it a little hard to walk today :rolleyes:

09/10/2009

IncDB - 50kg 3x15 (2x25kg DB)

Deads - 100kg 3x8

Lat PD - 68.2kg 3x10

Tri PD - 60kg 3x12

Shrugs - 60kg 5x10

Curls - 30kg 3x10

Legs are still caining from Tabata 2 days ago haha

12/10/2009

IncDB - 65kg 2x10 1x8 (2x32.5kg DB)

Deads - 100kg 3x8

Lat PD - 77.8kg 3x10

Tri PD - 68.2kg 3x8 (thats full weights, i know im hardcore :ph34r:)

Tabata again tomorrow :unsure:

14/10/2009

70kg 3x8 - FlatDB Press (2x35kg DB's)

Was absolutely stuffed after these, mate had to help with last 2 reps on third set. Felt like i was gonna die haha!

100kg 3x8 - Deads

77.8kg 3x10 - Lat PD

68.2kg 3x8 - Tri PD

Chickened out of Tabata on Tuesday as my legs where still a little sore from last time. Will do them tonight im thinking!

Have scrapped Incline Press as apparently im better of doing flat bench.

Shoulder seems like its pretty good now so need to start getting back into Military Press starting Tomorrow!

16/10/2009

Deads - 100kg 3x8 (Will have to look at upping these, been at 100kg for a while, Run out of energy heaps quick atm with current diet)

Flat Press - 70kg 2x8 1x10 (Was feeling strong with these. I want to up the weight but it jumps to 40kg DB's from 35kg. Will try one set of 40's on Monday/Wednesday)

Skl Crush - 30kg 2x10 1x12 (Again felt pretty good, will look to up these on Monday/Wednesday.

Reverse BB Curls - 31.8kg 3x10

Cable X - 60kg 1x20 2x15 (30kg each side)

Wanted to do Military Press tonight but was wrecked after DB Press.

Weight 140.1kg Getting there. Need more Cardio but it sucks the wang.

19/10/2009

Deads - 110kg 3x8

Flat DB Press - 70kg 2x10 1x8 (2x35kg DB's)

Mil Press - 35kg 2x10 1x8 (2x17.5kg DB's)

Lat PD - 77.8kg 3x10

Tri PD - 68.2kg 2x10 1x8 (failed last set, arms where stuffed by this point)

Thought i would try Creatine Loading. Fk me that stuff tastes like crap. Doesnt mix well in milk, not gonna be able to do it, was dry reaching trying to down it. Just gonna stick to protein me thinks.

21/10/2009

Flat DB Press - 80kg 1x8 70kg 2x10 (Fk yeah 40kg DB's! Will go for 2 sets on Friday)

Lat PD - 77.8kg 3x10

Tri PD - 68.2kg 2x10 1x9

Reverse BB Curls - 31.8kg 3x10

Cable X - 80kg 1x15 1x10 60kg 1x20

Pretty lame session but happy a with the press!

23/10/09

DP Press - 80kg 2x8 70kg 1x12 (Will go for 3x8 with the 40's on wednesday i think. Monday i will copy this. Fk they are heavy.)

Lat PD - 77.3kg 3x10

MP - 35kg 35kg 3x10 SS with 60kg BB Shrugs 1x10 (Only got to do this once because some noob loaded the bar with 40kg to Dead when i wasnt watching <_>

Leg Press - 200kg 3x5 (Never done these before but mate thought he was top shit he could do 109kg so i had a go lol)

Dips - 1!!!! I think was okay effort after everything above, never done one before! :lol:

haha dont mix creatine with milk mate, stick it in water, or if you cant down it just put it on a teaspoon take it as a shot and chase it with some water lol the stuff im taking turns to green in water and tastes like lemon ice blocks so fark putting it in milk lol.

I have noticed you dont squat much/at all and your deadlifting doesnt seem to go up in weights and you tend to do a lot of pressing and isolation exercises. Personally I have seen the best results in strength and appearance when i squat and deadlift alot.

I know I get easily lost in all that stuff as well as lets face it, its more fun to do, but I find sticking to a structured routine and having target weights is the best way to improve your strength and provided your eating properly your physique should back it up. Maybe give the skinny guy routine a go, im doing a bit of a modified version of it to improve conditioning and strength at the same time, but I have already planned out the next 5 weeks for me in regards to what my weights should be and im watching my diet as well to make sure i get just enough food to build muscle and lose fat.

haha i was told to chuck the creatine in with my protein powder but i guess that was bad advice haha!

I was actually thinking the same thing about my routine on friday, i need to dead and row every session. I guess the reason i havent been is because the guy i currently train with fkd his back snowboarding and so he doesnt do anything that will strain his back... I guess i need to make the time away from all the crap and dead, squat and row.

I will check out the Skinny Guy Routine cheers!

Thanks for keeping me in check :thumbsup:

26/10/2009 - Chest/Shoulders

DB Press - 80kg 3x8

MP - 45kg 3x10

Superset with

BB Shrugs - 60kg 3x10 (These had me almost throwing up after the second and third set :thumbsup:)

Inc BB Press - 70kg 2x8 1x10

Cable X - 60kg 3x15

Have redone my training schedule since i was slipping bad. Have decided to do Chest/Shoulders Monday, Legs/Tri's Wednesday and Back/Arms Friday. Chest tonight feels awesome heaps better than before.