Sign in to follow this  
Prado#18

Which seats to switch to?

Seats  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which seats should I switch to for my 180?

• s14
    • s15
    • Skyline
    • Other - Please list

Sorry if this is a re-post. Had a quick look through and couldn't find one but anyway...

Wanting to get rid of the 180 seats and upgrade to something a little more up to date. The car is my daily and I'd prefer to go with something that's comfortable and not too over the top for a daily, if you can understand that. :lol:

Anyway, I thought I'd put it out there to the good people of ns.com to see what they've done or what they think is a good move. All opinions wanted so don't hold back.

Cheers

P.S - Will add more options if neccessary. ;)

s15 rofl. I dont have it but I'm trying to find some GT leather ones. Damn it's hard.

s15 for a daily.

abti of track then GTR33/34

s15 mate, definitely the way to go

S15 seat isn't comfortable for daily driving if your posture is upright. It's not a bucket, it's not even half bucket and doesn't grab any part of my body. It's a different story if you are a pimpin' ruff ryda.

So far I hate my car's brakes, shocks, seats and boot but don't we all hate our boot, we already knew what it'd be like.

I'd get 2nd hand bride then to get 2nd hand s15 seat.

Me, I'm saving for the new one :D

lol jay seriously I have no clue why you even have the car... too me the S15 is quite comfortable.

Brides are good, it hugs you also... very narrow specially if you got a big arse lol

I am more comfortable with buckets cuz I'm skinny you silly.

The s15 are the best option, however with slight modification (one leg) GTR seats fit. R33/R34 GTR seats can be better again.

The s15 is a better daily seat however.

lol jay seriously I have no clue why you even have the car... too me the S15 is quite comfortable.

Brides are good, it hugs you also... very narrow specially if you got a big arse lol

+1 would love to have s15 seats in my sil80

i've had S15 GT leather seats in my 180 before - they look hawt but offered hardly any hug or support...so i went Recaro instead - so much better

if all you are doing is cruising around then yeah just get S15 ones

I would love to get R43 GTR seats... but they are too expensive and you have to modify the rail to fit one of the bolt.

Cheers guys,

Seems the overall consensus is that s15 seats are the way to go for daily driving. These will fit straight into the 180?

Cheers for the speedy advice.

yes they are straight swap - just remember to keep your seat belt bit from your 180sx seat and bolt that to the S15 seat

I just got myself a second hand bride for my new car.

Great investment.

Awesome support and still so comfortable, i could fall asleep in it ^_^

Never sat in a s15 before so i can't really compare the two, but i definitely recommend getting a bride :)

s15, s14 seats are so dull the whole interior is dull/

pick up some cheap recaros, the s15 seats are alright but i wanted to change mine when i had the car...

s15 aren't that good, no support and aren't exceptionally comfy.

i had a bride brix 2 in my s14 and that had plenty of cushioning and was fine for daily driving

CRX seats are very good, they provide alot of bucket support. Having said that if you want CRX seats i have a pair on s13 rails for sale pm me...... :ph34r:

Edited by terrykoun

i'm getting some custom rails made up to bolt z32 300zx seats into my sil... there so comfortable.

have heaps of support and are very adjustable, i loved them coz i could adjust them so i'm sitting pretty upright and had great control of the steering wheel and clutch ect, then i could recline it a bit and have an awesome cruise seat!

plus there retrimmed and look, feel and smell better then my CA seats... :ph34r:

gtr seats