Sign in to follow this  
purplesil80

BREAKING NRL NEWS

word on the street is Karmichael Hunt from the bronco's team has just signed a deal, to play AFL for the new gold coast team thats being drafted.

opinions?

k go

:lol: :lol:

The post is too short. You must have at least 10 character(s) before you can go on and post it.

can the khunt even kick properly? :lol:

Interesting, I mean I cant really see AFL going through NRL teams and taking a heap of players.. I mean lets face it both games need a fairly different skill set.

I also cant see Hunt being this great AFL player as well, when players make the transition from League > Union as long as they learn rucks and mauls they should be able to bring most of there skills over.

Overall I couldn't care less, over the last few years Rugby League has grown into one of the most boring games on the planet, really its just 5 hitups followed by a kick over and over again.

Combine that with the new experimental laws imho greatly improving Rugby Union, I hope the ARU can start not just stealing players, but fans from League.

he has been doing secret training sessions with nathan buckley and some other guy and they reckon hes got natural skills for afl. wont be untill 2011 until the goldy team comes into the league.

sorry had to look but dont care about karmicheal hunt who ever he is.

same with billy slater. wat a jerk.

Being Victorian, I can't wait for the new AFL team to start up, but taking K.Hunt? What is the go? He is the wrong build I think.

Not a really big loss or gain to anyone is it?

well i dunno about others but i thought he was a great nrl player. good to watch, decent skills...

meh, not a follower.

FOR THOSE AT WORK - turn down the volume, may offend women :lol:

why was hunt even allowed to play state of origin... he's an f'n kiwi!! lol same with tony carroyl

I can see this having a negative cloud put over AFL :lol:

Firstly because the guy is definitely not suited to it. He may have played before he got into NRL, but the fact is, he's been playing league for a while now.

AFL players need to know how to jump. There's a different style of tackling (i.e. weak). And the whole focus of the game is different.

Also, the guy is a party boy. He's been involved in scandals before with the NRL. While the AFL is far from spotless, i don't think it'll help the sports image

why was hunt even allowed to play state of origin... he's an f'n kiwi!! lol same with tony carroyl

LOL dude its state of origin not where your born... The teams are picked of where you played your first year of League QLD or NSW club.

As for Hunt and AFL i went to school at BBC same year as he went to Churchie he was a ripper rugby union player but even better at AFL from memory he was in the Australian school boy side. I remember the first 15 game against churchie and it was like watching a pro against school kids lol he was a lvl above back then and he has got a fukkin huge kick on him. Honestly he will do fine in AFL if he decides to go in the end when you are naturally good at sport it doesnt take much to adapt.

Meh, he is one of the most overrated players in the NRL, the AFL can have the greedy clown

shame to lose him to afl.

Some leagies would be great afl players, such as greg inglis. Tall, kicks well and is really agile. You wo9n't see many players make the move though. Very different sports. He's going to be on 1 mil a year so he's prolly a very happy camper

from what ive heard, they had a "skill test". drop punted the ball 45m first go, can catch above his head, etc. hes about 100kg but he is not bulky. i reckon he will go good. apparently he has got the ok to go play rugby in the off season, so that where he will make his money. wont get injured as he will be on the wing checking out chicks in the stands.f**ken naturaly talented sportsmen.

i wonder if he can bowl left arm quick......

it's a shame to lose him

was one of my favourite players on the broncos. not many people are brave/stupid enough to try to shoulder charge fuifui moimoi in full flight

he has his moments.

i remember last years or the year before.. i dont know one of the many origins we have been winning ( NSW FAIL ), he was doing some pretty hard hits, haha.. got my respect from that.

^^^ that was last years series. He played lock forward when dallas johnson got knocked out. EVERY time ryan hoffman touched the ball hunt hit him with a shoulder. by the end of the game hoffman looked like he needed to be put into an induced coma. Hunt's plays a tough brand of footy.

he has his moments.

i remember last years or the year before.. i dont know one of the many origins we have been winning ( NSW FAIL ), he was doing some pretty hard hits, haha.. got my respect from that.

yeah thats why hes good in my books, runs the ball hard and tries to put some big hits on. i met him once when i was at the family, nice enough bloke