Sign in to follow this  
DISH-oh

luxury watches

Im lookin for a new watch for around $500 or cheaper, just wondering what type some of you have and what are some reliable brands.

Got my eye on a Nixon - The banks or possibly player watch? Anyone know what their like?

Just stick a dollar or two in thos machines at K mart.. You should get a watch eventually.

You'll get mad props for being hell trendy!

Or just draw the *milkshake* on your arm!

here ur pretty limited in what u can get..

i got my tissot in switzerland for $250, it sells for 800 here.

i hear that a french couple asked their 11yr old son what he wanted for his bday, his reply was "i wanna watch"

so they let him

I have always been a fan of Citizen for functional/value for money watches.

i hear that a french couple asked their 11yr old son what he wanted for his bday, his reply was "i wanna watch"

so they let him

:lol: those crazy french

Im lookin for a new watch for around $500 or cheaper, just wondering what type some of you have and what are some reliable brands.

Got my eye on a Nixon - The banks or possibly player watch? Anyone know what their like?

I have always loved guess steel watches, they can get up to $600 get your ass to iether david jones or myer, one of them has 20% of all guess watches well the one at chadstone did. You won't find them to be playalistic though.

Seiko: official sponsors of the IAAF 2007 Word Champs!

Apparently Fossil make all the 'fashion brand' watches: i.e. Guess, DKNY, CK, Diesel, Kenneth Cole etc. Therefore all of those brands should be essentially the same in quality. Can anyone confirm this? Apparently same deal goes with sunnies, although I'm unsure as to which brand makes em.

After owning several 'fashion brand' watches I decided I would try a 'watch brand' watch, thus the missus bought me a Seiko although I actually haven't received it yet so we'll see how we go.

Waiting for someone to get on and say "Nothing decent under $20k, Longines, Baume et Mercier, Maurice Lacroix etc"...

I'll sell you my analogue Mickey Mouse watch (the type where his hands, are the hands for the watch!!!) for $499.

MR 1JZ just got one of those Nixon Player watches.. Very nice! Think he is gonna get a Banks soon as well...

But it depends what you really want it for?

If your more after a fashion accessory than something to check the time then i have found some KILLER watches that i could post up some pics of at decent prices!

Havn't got the links here at work but will post up when i get home.

i've had this rado watch for quite a while now, bought it a flea market in Amsterdam so quite sure it's a fake, but very reliable none the less. always manages to attract chicks so i'm not complaining :D

MR 1JZ just got one of those Nixon Player watches.. Very nice! Think he is gonna get a Banks soon as well...

But it depends what you really want it for?

If your more after a fashion accessory than something to check the time then i have found some KILLER watches that i could post up some pics of at decent prices!

Havn't got the links here at work but will post up when i get home.

Yeah that would be good if you could post some pics, i liked the player initially although the more i look at it, the more bulky it looks, i like the look of the banks more, but im still trying to wrap my head around spending $500 on something with a 2 year warranty, when rip curl watches are supposedly just as good with a 5 year warranty.

The thing with most seikos and citizen watches i've seen is they have so many gadgets and notches and shit, i want something that looks stylish yet simple.

The tissots are appealing to me more, my cousin got a lightweight titanium one and i might just have to spend a bit more and copy him lol

Whatever i get i want it to last a decent amount of time...

on a side note, my brother got a watch that controls tvs and vcrs and stuff, its pretty cool and can control like everything...

so they let him

hahaha omg thats a good one!! the people areound me are looking at me funny, jsut sitting here in uni (skipped class) smiling to myself :lol:

so they let him

hahaha omg thats a good one!! the people areound me are looking at me funny, jsut sitting here in uni (skipped class) smiling to myself :lol:

HAHA no joke thats exactly what i am doing

Save your money and buy a Tag..

I'd love a Tag but i cant justify $1500+ and have it on my wrist.

But i'll prob realistically buy one one day... I hope!

tags are horrible, poor mans wanna be type watch if you ask me.... IMO

the B&M are nice but waaay out of your price range..

LOL @ shy180, my wife wants a P-P watch, its the one with the circles all over it in diamonds. the best i can get if for is like $215,000 aud or something like that. :no:

seiko for a reliable watch, tissot are good, i got a pulsar watch, made by seiko, titanium one, its so light ill never get ordinary stainless again, can hardly tell watch is even on hand, very light

A lot of the tag watches i've seen look like they're meant to be on a 60 yo englishman with a yacht, but they would be pretty decent.

Get yourself a DKNY watch... under your price tag, they look good and are surprisingly reliable.

yeah go a seiko for that kinda price range, but you cant beat a tag. Rolex seems to have gone out of fashion?

This is a quality time peice....

RJ167.jpg

although i think its a bit outta your price bracket....

Edited by SeboG

haha, i want it...

narrowed my search down to a couple of seikos, citizens and tissots, as much as i wanted a titanium watch, i dont think it'll happen <_>

on another note, i saw on the news jeff fenech got done for stealing 2 watches worth $220 000 :woot: now thats an effort and a half

does anyone know what swatch watches are like?

Get urself a big fat G-Shock watch which has altitude, temperature guage, compass etc on it

get a real short hair cut too, and a very dark tan esp on ur forearms, and a weathered face

then u can look like a special forces guy, and get bashed by the real guys for being a try hard, but at least u can score with some chicks

ive never spent more than 400 on a watch, i travel a lot so it becomes nice watches become a target esp in asia where i roam a lot, just screams out ROB ME

that being said, i prefer Swatch for stylish yet affordable designs and reliability

Seiko: official sponsors of the IAAF 2007 Word Champs!

Apparently Fossil make all the 'fashion brand' watches: i.e. Guess, DKNY, CK, Diesel, Kenneth Cole etc. Therefore all of those brands should be essentially the same in quality. Can anyone confirm this? Apparently same deal goes with sunnies, although I'm unsure as to which brand makes em.

hmmm, interesting.

Get urself a big fat G-Shock watch which has altitude, temperature guage, compass etc on it

get a real short hair cut too, and a very dark tan esp on ur forearms, and a weathered face

then u can look like a special forces guy, and get bashed by the real guys for being a try hard, but at least u can score with some chicks

aomeones been reading too much andy mcnabb hey.

Go for Tissot. My gf got me one for my birthday and it's really nice and simple. I'll try post up a picture of it if I can.

The watch was $650, but she bargained it down to $500 lol