Sign in to follow this  
DISH-oh

luxury watches

haha, i want it...

narrowed my search down to a couple of seikos, citizens and tissots, as much as i wanted a titanium watch, i dont think it'll happen <_>

on another note, i saw on the news jeff fenech got done for stealing 2 watches worth $220 000 :woot: now thats an effort and a half

does anyone know what swatch watches are like?

dude, i think your a bit misinformed...fenech stole watches worth a few hundred. do you honestly think they would let him walk out of their with $220 000 :no::no::no:

Of course they didn't let him walk out with them, that's why he got charged with theft numbnuts :lol:

yeah my bad, he only took $220 worth of watches, not the previously stated amount, doesnt really seem worth it though, you'd think he'd have enough money floating around for something of that value, if not have better on his wrist anyway. :wacko:

Ok

Finally getting around to posting pics of said watch/es that i was speaking about earlier

EDIT: BTW all below watches are $300 and under

51TTQ5DC4RL._SS500_.jpg

PIM004_L1.jpg

ZER001_L1.jpg

And just incase you wanna confuse the shit out of someone if they read your watch....

JLR001_L3.jpg

How to read above watch

JLR001_L4.jpg

Get a Seiko 5. Nice and simple and well within you budget and it is Automatic which is always cool.

They come in a variety of styles too... nice daily watch IMO.

seiko5_3.jpg

seiko5_4.jpg

OK, im going to suss out some now at the shops, i went yesterday looking for a titanium tissot but the lady said she had no idea what i was talking about and that it might be an international model so im taking her a screen shot of it on the website, its the t-sport prc100 titanium

The seikos are looking quite good, this one in particular

SND417P_2.jpg

ill see how i go

ps. they are some very different watches above, the third one reminds me of something a 1980's computer programmer would wear lol

And just incase you wanna confuse the shit out of someone if they read your watch....

JLR001_L3.jpg

How to read above watch

JLR001_L4.jpg

I'm still confused :wacko:

Get a Seiko 5. Nice and simple and well within you budget and it is Automatic which is always cool.

They come in a variety of styles too... nice daily watch IMO.

seiko5_3.jpg

seiko5_4.jpg

I like your taste. Probably the nicest timepiece posted so far.

Ok

Finally getting around to posting pics of said watch/es that i was speaking about earlier

EDIT: BTW all below watches are $300 and under

PIM004_L1.jpg

JLR001_L3.jpg

Dude i'm in love with 3 watches on that site. So close to purchasing one.

Stuff all your $27394925734504 watches. Get something different!

Like my talking watch that has a rooster sound! :ph34r:

citizen eco drives are pretty good, esp with the tachymetre..how fast did u do 100m :P if u can look down without crashing.

i also got a seiko honda F1, looks ok.. same sh!t really.

Seiko: official sponsors of the IAAF 2007 Word Champs!

Apparently Fossil make all the 'fashion brand' watches: i.e. Guess, DKNY, CK, Diesel, Kenneth Cole etc. Therefore all of those brands should be essentially the same in quality. Can anyone confirm this? Apparently same deal goes with sunnies, although I'm unsure as to which brand makes em.

hmmm, interesting.

Get urself a big fat G-Shock watch which has altitude, temperature guage, compass etc on it

get a real short hair cut too, and a very dark tan esp on ur forearms, and a weathered face

then u can look like a special forces guy, and get bashed by the real guys for being a try hard, but at least u can score with some chicks

aomeones been reading too much andy mcnabb hey.

Why would I need to read his books? Not a fan of someone who exaggerated truth.

besides, I have my own army experiences and knowledge and military fashion to draw upon. I dont like Andy sorry. :yes:

LOL, gettin there, went and had another look today, mainly cos i spied some rip curl ones that didnt look too bad.

Probly go get one thursday, thinking ill save some money and just get a ripcurl for $300ish, 5 year warranty and 200m water resistant, cant seem to go wrong there, especially with the warranty, so well see later in the week once i've made my mind up 100%

i'd love to get a more expensive one, but i got given a little bit more money so now if i spend less on the watch, ill have a more substancial amount to put in the bank rather than just a couple hundred, which seems like a better idea with tryin to save for a better car and all. ;)

after all our opinions and advice on brands u decided on a Rip Curl one..................... :lol:

Totally agree.

Rip Curl just ain't a cool brand when it comes to watches.

In the age of mobiles where they have a clock on them, heaps of ppl don't wear watches anymore, I'm a fan, almost obsessive, I just can't stop looking for watches.

Not expensive ones, though I do like Tissots, just unusual or just plain nice ones.

Went on ebay to get some stuff for work and ended up buying three watches ha ha.

This is so hideously tacky I just had to have it!

e91b_1.JPG

Edited by Bazelinez

I use to wear one when i was young, they just annoy me these days. My phone has a clock so that will do.

Remember these bad boys?

ca53w.jpg

I got a g shock one.kinda old school but being a welder my screan is all full of little burnt marks.lols wouldnt mind getting a nice watch for when i go out n stuff though.

I like watches, I hate having to get my phone out of my pocket, so I have a couple.

I have a Swiss Military watch that has seen better days, so my gf bought me a Jag watch for xmas to replace it. Mind you I won't be wearing the new one at work (I'm an electrician.)

The Jag watch has silver band and surround, and a carbon fibre face.

I love watches. I have a Seiko spring drive watch. It doesn't use any battery's, basically it's a wind up watch, that uses the movement of your wrist to turn a rotor in the watch, and thus winding it up... no battery's, no hand cranking.

good for the obsessive masturbater

I love watches. I have a Seiko spring drive watch. It doesn't use any battery's, basically it's a wind up watch, that uses the movement of your wrist to turn a rotor in the watch, and thus winding it up... no battery's, no hand cranking.

Explained here, for those who don't know what it is:

http://www.seikospringdrive.com/flash.html - watch the mechanism video to see how it works.

I also have a full skeleton Classique Pocket watch like this:

42-18w%20front.jpg

Also called an Automatic, they've been around for 40 years ha ha :) They're great if you wear them everyday but not if you don't cause you need to set the time constantly.

I have at the moment.

This ancient G shock from 95, was worn everywhere, every day for 10 years, still going, brute strength.

(not my actual watch, mines better nick then this)

DW-6600-close.jpg

This DKNY one, saw it, loved it, missus got it for my birthday, its huge

ny1369.jpg

A rip curl one and about three assorted shitters that I use for work.

i love my watches, i feel naked with out them.

main one i wear is my JAG one

125148_J899A-S.jpg

i also have a white faced rip curl one with the metal band

yeah those tokyo watches are pretty cool but form over function, you wanna just look and see the time not have to work it out

yeah those tokyo watches are pretty cool but form over function, you wanna just look and see the time not have to work it out

ud get used to it tho.

im a classic function over form guy when it comes to fashion, but i gotta say, i want one lol

Finally a thread I can live in!!!

Obsessed!~!

I have:

2 x Omega Seamasters; one with the 007 face (blue) and a Planet Ocean model

1 Rado (the ceramic band model) in white

1 Jaeger LeCoulture Reverso Squadra

I am heading overseas again in the next week so I am looking at picking up another Seamaster, they are without a doubt the nicest most reliable watches I have ever owned.

I also have a couple of Citizen Promasters but they are just dailies for when my Omega's need servicing.

007_seamaster.jpg

citizen_navihawk.jpg

reverso_squadra.jpg

seamaster_planet_ocean.jpg