Sign in to follow this  
DISH-oh

luxury watches

yeah those tokyo watches are pretty cool but form over function, you wanna just look and see the time not have to work it out

ud get used to it tho.

im a classic function over form guy when it comes to fashion, but i gotta say, i want one lol

my mate bought one, it was kinda cool but a little bit lame at the same time. broke it within a month too :lol:

:cursing: People get watches serviced?

Once every 12 months for the Omega's, every 2 years for the Jaeger (I only wear it as a dress watch) and the citizens when they break down (they never do!)

Finally a thread I can live in!!!

Obsessed!~!

I have:

2 x Omega Seamasters; one with the 007 face (blue) and a Planet Ocean model

1 Rado (the ceramic band model) in white

1 Jaeger LeCoulture Reverso Squadra

I am heading overseas again in the next week so I am looking at picking up another Seamaster, they are without a doubt the nicest most reliable watches I have ever owned.

I also have a couple of Citizen Promasters but they are just dailies for when my Omega's need servicing.

I prefer the look of the speedmasters... none the less, awesome watches.

I had a fake Omega speedmaster that lasted for over a year never missed a beat, then it got slow ha ha.

I had a fake Omega speedmaster that lasted for over a year never missed a beat, then it got slow ha ha.

Some of the fakes are remarkable quality!

I have tested both of my Seamasters against the Atomic clock, neither lost a second over a 24hr period, they (On occasion) lose a second over a month but very rarely.

Just a tip for ebay, don't purchase anything automatic that isn't a recognised brand (Wohler, Brammer all the other shit they come up with) it is really tempting when you see automatic movement watches on there that look good & quote a '$2200 rrp' but trust me, they are shit.

You can pick up some real bargains on Ebay, especially the Japanese watches namely Citizen & Seiko.

I am a Swiss watch whore so my Citizen days are over, lol.

big watch fan over here too, at the moment i've got a TAG aquaracer... big fan of the seiko velatura yatching timer version though, thinking that might be next..

That G shock was around $320 in 95, now a comparable one is half that.

The DKNY one was a shade under $300. Its made in China tho which I reckon is pov.

everytime i go to hong kong i pick up a couple of fake watches. i pay around $60 aussie for a good copy of tag and breitling mainly. i find ayrton senna limited editions and tiger woods editions lol.

this thread reminds me of that Syler guy from Heroes lol (the evil one), obsessed with clocks/watches etc...........haha

i remember once at school some kid had a watch that could change the channels on the tv if we were watching something, funny as at the time, was like a mini remote.

Big watch fan

My collection

-Rolex Submariner

-Rolex Presidential Day-date

-Omega Seamaster

25k worth of time haha

;)

Yeah, they thought it was gonna be a full-thickness burn, as he lost all feeling in his hand. If it was, he would have needed skin grafts, and shit. He went in last week, and they checked it over, and gave him the all clear. Now they just rock up once a week to re-dress his wrist and check on it. Very lucky man.

The REAL quesstion is..... does the watch still work?

Got a spare 500k?

funny thing is if i saw one of those on the street i would probably kick it out the way :lol:

Got a spare 500k?

funny thing is if i saw one of those on the street i would probably kick it out the way :lol:

Yeah, they don't look like anything special but I guess if you're into watches it would be fapping material.

^^^Yeah mine used to last a few days but I only wore it on weekends, tradie work ruins everything!

LOVE my watch, i got a D&G steel one with a massive face (all silver) with black numbers and handles, completely timeless and i see it as more of an accessory rather than a time teller.

everytime i go to hong kong i pick up a couple of fake watches. i pay around $60 aussie for a good copy of tag and breitling mainly. i find ayrton senna limited editions and tiger woods editions lol.

yeah me and a mate got our fakes from Phuket ha ha, ended up paying around $30-40 each for em, they were automatics too, like I said, mine went hardcore, I got it wet a few times tho and it wasn't waterproof so I think that led to its demise...

still, for what I paid, over a year of hard wearing is pretty good, only a trained eye could pick it as a fake too.

Got a spare 500k?

Yeah, they don't look like anything special but I guess if you're into watches it would be fapping material.

Anything over $100-200 dollars on a watch and all your paying for is the Brand/Prestige/and added precious metals and stones.

They say that a watch costs up to $200. Anything more and it's jewelry.

I have a diesal (sp) for when i go out on the town since i like to wear jeans and plain shirts it works with everything.

I have both my mobile and an ex US marines watch for work and i have my grandfathers old fob watch for when i have to wear a suit

Got a spare 500k?

Anything over $100-200 dollars on a watch and all your paying for is the Brand/Prestige/and added precious metals and stones.

They say that a watch costs up to $200. Anything more and it's jewelry.

No doubt about it, it's pure wank factor but then again it's worth what people are willing to pay for it.

i have an oris TT3 Chronograph brought it in hong kong, got it at a very good price compare to australia

i stopped wearing a watch because of work, i used my phone instead. now theyve banned phones (again lol) and im lost now.

i to love my watches

i have a

Tag Heuer link calibre 6 black face wjf211a.ba0570.jpg

a. auer chrono black leather (cheapy off ebay but very stylish but still high quality swiss made)

seiko automatic

diesel leather band

getting another tag sometime next year, the carrera chrno