luxury watches

retro navy diver look :

Legend_Diver.jpg

I think I won't like it, but I keep looking. 300m

Tag Carrera :

Tag_Carrera.jpg

Impress your friends at the Mensa club, inbuilt circular slide rule :

Breitling_Navitimer.jpg

if the power cuts out on your calculator, whose laughing now ?

This one is $58 000 on ebay, 1970 Rolex Milgauss :

Silver Rolex, simple batons and bezzle looks alright.

Rolex_milgauss.jpg

Wow, there are some really AWESOME watches posted in here!

I so want a Tag, but don't know if I could justify lashing out that much coin.

I may be nieve... But what is so good about a watch? I guess its more of a fashion/statement accessory than having a use?

it tells the time.

^^wrong. None of the watches bar maybe the DKNY one i've posted are fashion.

its considered rude to check your phone all the time, wrist watches are professional.

Then why do people spend so much if it is not an image or statement thing?

Whats the diffrence with cars though? both a $3-4k corolla and sports car will get you from A to B so why spend so much on a sports car if not for an image or statement thing as you put it?

with watches yeah its nice to have a nice looking watch, and I cant speak for others but personally I just enjoy the fact that when I've spent a bit on a watch for example the less likely I'm going to see hundreds of people around with the same one. It's also something you can pass onto many generations when you have kids ect if you buy a good one as it will last for a few life times lol.

^^^ in a better car.. lets say a GTR you an get from A to Z in the time a $4k corolla gets from a to b

^^^ in a better car.. lets say a GTR you an get from A to Z in the time a $4k corolla gets from a to b

no sorry to tell you buddy but expensive sports cars and cheaper family cars actually fall under the same legal speed limits ;)

yeah shocking isn't it?

but btu ive got racing stripes?

and who said anything about road driving?

how do you know i wasnt talking bout on the track?

you shouldnt assume bud!

as you said in your first post the watch went bye bye wen phones hit the big time watches are more like jewelery now more show then use

ive never been a huge fan of watches always lost or broke them completly apart somehow was an easy transition to phone for me however those weird Japanese ones are kool and ive been tempted by some purely geeky ones like phone watches or usb flash stick watches saw a rc car remote watch once too but then i always remember they are watches and forget them lol

I may be nieve... But what is so good about a watch? I guess its more of a fashion/statement accessory than having a use?

it's jewlery mate, jewlery with wank factor. at least women don't try and justify their jewlery by talking about it's mechanics and how they are so much better than cheaper watches.

it's jewlery mate, jewlery with wank factor. at least women don't try and justify their jewlery by talking about it's mechanics and how they are so much better than cheaper watches.

2 things,

a watch with a high quality movement will last a long long time.

it will also keep the time accuratly.

where as cheap watches tend to stop working after 5 years or so. and may not keep the time correctly eg. of this is loosing seconds per day.

meaning over the space of a few months the watch is running a few minutes behind.

yeah it may sound like a big wank factor.

and this may be a car forum.

but how do some people justify spending 20gz in mods on there car when its a daily driven car?

or 3-4gz on a watch,

at the end of the day its what makes you happy and for some people collecting watches is a hobby as is modifying cars

Found the watch i love today, was looking around for a 500~ odd dollar watch on sales and i saw it, from longines, the admiral collection..... :(

3.8k :( i will never ever wear another watch again, this sucks balls!

Longines-admiral-chrono-1.jpg

lol chuck him some links bazelinez :)

I've seen some nice ones for around that much aswell but my net is capped to link :(

i cant find any nice ones, the longines one makes any tessot look like cheap crap from the market.. i am ruined!

^ that longines one is sweet

I've always likes the titanium tissot ones, they are quite light and also look classy

2 things,

a watch with a high quality movement will last a long long time.

it will also keep the time accuratly.

where as cheap watches tend to stop working after 5 years or so. and may not keep the time correctly eg. of this is loosing seconds per day.

meaning over the space of a few months the watch is running a few minutes behind.

Like I said before, anything over $200 cost price will be purely ornamental, all the bits and peices inside will basically be the same and a good $200 watch will keep time just as accurately as a $2000 watch. You're paying for the brand and the gold.

but of course el' cheapo $10 watch from the markets will lick balls

it tells the time.

^^wrong. None of the watches bar maybe the DKNY one i've posted are fashion.

its considered rude to check your phone all the time, wrist watches are professional.

Then why do people spend so much if it is not an image or statement thing?

I have $400-$500 sunglasses... Yes I could have bought $10 ones from the servo and they would do the same job... But I got them because Prada are a nicer brand and, I admit, I got them for the name and the image. If I wanted something to only block out the sun and not care, I would have gone for $10 servo sunnies. Same with watches. If someone had it to only tell the time, im sure they would just go for a cheaper plain looking watch. (Im talking sunglasses because I understand them more than watches lol)

my sunnies are worth 500 bucks, i got them only because they suit me the best, my normal glasses are gucci and i didnt want to spend much money but i got them only because they suited my face the best. My watch when i do buy it, will cost about 700 dollars, thats because it has to be real gold and at least 18ct. its not about its name for me, its about what looks good on me personally.

LOL a $700 "real gold" watch.

Whats it gonna weigh, half an ounce? lol

The reason a presidential rolex is worth 50k odd is because its SOLID gold.

cause you wouldn't have a corolla on a track dumbass lol

sorry... what?

i dont see why you wouldnt want a corolla on the track

sorry... what?

i dont see why you wouldnt want a corolla on the track

yeh corolla's certainly haven't been known for having a motorsport heritage

I've got a good old Lorus Sports something i bought in 2002. I've dropepd bricks/tiles/tools on it, used to work constantly with it on.. So glad one of my good friends owns a family Jewellery store, once a year i take it in, he changes the battery, repolishes the face and gets the scratches out, and does the pressure testing for the water resistant.

I mean yeah, theres a shitload of nice watches in this thread, but i think i paid 110 bucks and does te job perfect.

Found the watch i love today, was looking around for a 500~ odd dollar watch on sales and i saw it, from longines, the admiral collection..... :(

3.8k :( i will never ever wear another watch again, this sucks balls!

Longines-admiral-chrono-1.jpg

Why is everyone so obsessed in these, I know that they are top notch, but really, why

$599

f1a3_1.JPG

$550

nl039.jpg

$459

ca13_1.JPG

$339

408a_1.JPG

SNA763P1-4.jpg?t=1222154427I like this one, $285......predator would wear this

Edited by Bazelinez

Second from bottom Seiko = Super stylish + sexy.

Watches as fashion statements ...

I pay attention to what watches, shoes, sunnies a guy wears because I believe that we chose everything based on making a statement about ourselves, our personality.

If I see a guy wearing a nice, stylish watch (doesnt have to cost a fortune but over $200) tells me that he takes pride in himself, is confident and likes style. Obviously practicality is important but I am not an overly practical person so I don't want someone that wears a $10 watch that looks like crap but suits their needs.

If a guy is wearing a crap, cheap watch or shoes it make me think that he doesn't care about quality which means he is probably the sort of guy that doesn't understand the difference between a slapper in a club and a genuine quality girl.

Second from bottom Seiko = Super stylish + sexy.

Watches as fashion statements ...

I pay attention to what watches, shoes, sunnies a guy wears because I believe that we chose everything based on making a statement about ourselves, our personality.

If I see a guy wearing a nice, stylish watch (doesnt have to cost a fortune but over $200) tells me that he takes pride in himself, is confident and likes style. Obviously practicality is important but I am not an overly practical person so I don't want someone that wears a $10 watch that looks like crap but suits their needs.

If a guy is wearing a crap, cheap watch or shoes it make me think that he doesn't care about quality which means he is probably the sort of guy that doesn't understand the difference between a slapper in a club and a genuine quality girl.

Jeebus girl

I got me some f**kin expensive shit, but I also have some cheap shit, like my ninja shoes and my black volley, none were bought for the price, I got everything coz I liked it.

Yep goldigga :lol: :lol: :lol: