Sign in to follow this  
gruntjc

JC Protein Cookies

Hi Guys (and Fat Dave),

As many of you are probably aware, I have been working on a formula for a special protein cookie over the past 12 months.

To cut a long story short (because I could talk for hours about it), the final formulation is now complete and I've discussed with Markos the prospect of launching the product itself at his next competition (BABT III).

Markos and Nina have ALWAYS been extremely supportive of my endeavours and I couldnt be more grateful. M is a savvy operator and a nice guy whose opinion I respect so it seems fitting that the product has its world-wide launch at his comp.

Again, without boring you with too many details, the product is a world first. As far as I'm aware, there are no other protein cookies on the market that have this much protein per gram and, more importantly, have less than 4gm sugar per 100gm. I also do not use soy protein in my product, which is good for those of you that dont want to strap on a bra.

Free samples of the product will be handed out at the comp. Someone might have to keep an eye on Spiros though because I saw what happened at BATBII with the Crispy Kremes. ;)

I am working on a website now as well as packaging and branding.

All details, including nutritionals will be printed on the boxes, which should be ready come September 19.

Best

JC (sorry, Lou)

lou i was on stake out after the bash so i had to stock up 0n KK.

For those that havent tried Louies cookies, they taste brilliant.

Thank you, M. I think these ones might be even better than the ones you tried 6 months ago. Will make sure you get some before the comp.

Silent.. happy to send out samples but might not be for 3-4 weeks. Will keep you (and the other interstaters) posted.

if your after any logo or packaging designs send me a msg. I work as a graphic designer ( 4yrs ).

very interested in these cookies :wub:

Dr... I suspect you're already a Jew. There's only one way to prove it however. ;)

Pete... appreciate your offer. I engaged someone to design my packaging about 6 months ago but it's just for the cookies. I'd like to do a line of bars and maybe even shakes in the near future, so be happy to talk then.

Mitch - Protein Bakery are on my radar. I actually like their Moccachino cookie. Per 100gm, Protein Bakery cookies have 23.5gm protein, 4.8gm saturated fat and 8.6gm sugars.

Per 100gm, JC's have 30gm protein (still working on making this even higher without screwing up the texture), 3gm saturated fat and around 4gm sugars. Because I'll be selling direct to the public, they'll probably be a little cheaper than theirs too.

One serve of my product is 100gm (10 cookies per box). And mine is a crunchy cookie (I'm working on a soft one too though... everyone likes something different)

Josh making protein cookies, awesome!

they wont make me a jew will they?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Are you going to sell them in bulk? Say by the box? If they are good and well priced i am definatly interested in buying a couple of boxes.

I'll take a years worth when I'm down for BATB3 Louie

I'll take a years worth when I'm down for BATB3 Louie

if I like them ill be looking at taking a couple hundred bucks worth.

They will be available at BATB3

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been running around like a headless (jewish) chook trying to get everything organised before BATBIII

Good news is, I've perfected the dark/double choc recipe. Now it actually has a RICH chocolate taste (minus the sugars still)

Boxes can be purchased individually or in bulk on the day. It is likely I will do a special on the day (BATBIII) for bulk purchases

(which will be for 10 x 100gm boxes). I'll post up the final prices here for BATBIII sometime next week.

There will be 2 flavours available - choc chip and double choc.

lol @ Ghosty.. mate, you might be up around 100kg by next BATB if you consume all before the next comp ;)

these sound awesome and am definatly interested in a sample. if i like that taste a bulk purchase sounds good to for me as well

ill probs get some bulk off ya :)

Hey imprsv, I'm finalising these figures with my food tech so should have something to post up by the end of the week.

Today, I was told that one of the ingredients I am using does not actually contribute to carbohydrates.

In terms of price: normally, boxes will retail for $3.95 each + delivery (each box has 10 x 10gm cookies). HOWEVER, on the day of the contest, as well as having some samples for you guys to try, I will be doing a special of $3.80 per box.

Alternatively, for every 10 boxes purchased, you will get the 11th free (representing about a 10% discount)

I wish you hadnt given such a large discout Lou, with the 15c saving, queues are starting to form already.

Anybody queing up at PTC to secure cookies at a huge discount rate, please do so on the easement to avoid congestion out the front of the gym.

Camping facilities are available.

Dr... I suspect you're already a Jew. There's only one way to prove it however. ;)

Pete... appreciate your offer. I engaged someone to design my packaging about 6 months ago but it's just for the cookies. I'd like to do a line of bars and maybe even shakes in the near future, so be happy to talk then.

Mitch - Protein Bakery are on my radar. I actually like their Moccachino cookie. Per 100gm, Protein Bakery cookies have 23.5gm protein, 4.8gm saturated fat and 8.6gm sugars.

Per 100gm, JC's have 30gm protein (still working on making this even higher without screwing up the texture), 3gm saturated fat and around 4gm sugars. Because I'll be selling direct to the public, they'll probably be a little cheaper than theirs too.

One serve of my product is 100gm (10 cookies per box). And mine is a crunchy cookie (I'm working on a soft one too though... everyone likes something different)

I wish you hadnt given such a large discout Lou, with the 15c saving, queues are starting to form already.

Anybody queing up at PTC to secure cookies at a huge discount rate, please do so on the easement to avoid congestion out the front of the gym.

Camping facilities are available.

You're not gonna believe this, but at the time of reading the above two posts in my head I came up with a new word called 'jewcount' - a Jewish discount, right.... last night I was bored, so I made a submission to urbandictionary.com, thismorning I got an email saying they've approved it and it will be added to the urbandictionary in the next few days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Update: It's been published - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jewcount

I get hungry everytime i read this thread, will you be able to send interstate once everything is sorted mate???