Sign in to follow this  
kralster

Festivals and concerts

I thought we could have a thread about concerts and festivals and we can put up reviews and stuff like that after we've been.

At the moment i have tickets to parklife, homebake and Pear Jam, and i am definitely going to soundwave as well! So i have plenty of music to go see. Going to be so good.

Well i got Parklife tickets and should be getting my stereosonic tickets sometime in the next couple of days.

atm I've just got Gods Kitchen tix, and as soon as Soundwave and Sensation tickets come out ill pick those up.

Everything else I'll just take on the fly and see how much cash I've got.

Big Day Out this year was pretty good. Pendulum rocked hardcore. Bigger more crazy mosh than Trivium hahaha

Cant wait to see the lineups for future events.

atm I've just got Gods Kitchen tix, and as soon as Soundwave and Sensation tickets come out ill pick those up.

Everything else I'll just take on the fly and see how much cash I've got.

Big Day Out this year was pretty good. Pendulum rocked hardcore. Bigger more crazy mosh than Trivium hahaha

Cant wait to see the lineups for future events.

pendulum smashed it they went off, so did prodigy omg those two made my day.

Now I have my ticket to Soundwave for next year as well. Going to be so good. FNM, AFI, Eagles of death metal, ohhh so sweet.

my next event is ferry corsten's 'twice in a blue moon' tour

There is kinda a thread for this already but whatever...

I got a soundwave ticket, mostly so I could see Meshuggah again, wouldn't mind seeing Faith No More too.

BDO I've done to death but I wouldn't mind going for Ladyhawke, Muse and the Mars Volta... haven't got a ticket yet.

My top 5 concerts would be (roughly):

Porcupine Tree 2008

Tool Lateralus tour 2001

Opeth @ the enmore in 2005

Karnivool 2007ish

Meshuggah in 2008 (thought I hate the way they cram people into the roundhouse)

My favourite venue is the Enmore theatre, it's got a wicked sound and you can see the stage pretty well from anywhere on the floor.

parklife melbourne was good except everyone turned feral when it got dark and the creepy 40 yr old shufflers came out. And the last acts werent that amazing. crystal castles, metric, cool kids andi cant think what else just yet, (still recovering from it all plus i cant remember much else) were awesome.

i have stereosonic, bdo and i dont know what else im going to go to just yet.

parklife melbourne was good except everyone turned feral when it got dark and the creepy 40 yr old shufflers came out. And the last acts werent that amazing. crystal castles, metric, cool kids andi cant think what else just yet, (still recovering from it all plus i cant remember much else) were awesome.

parklife melbourne was so good. were you in the cool kids mosh?? good crowd. yeah crystal castles were insane also mstrkrft, a-trak and art vs science were highlights.

wish i could go to stereosonic (bloody beetroots) but i chose falls and bdo instead.

adelaide parklife was pretty sweet as well.

Crystal castles were amazing but the guy mixing did a shit job, music was still cool though.

empire of the sun also rocked, so good.

Brissy parklife was good apart from the fact there was way to many people... They over sold it hardcore. They shut the entry to the main stage at about 6 and it didn't open again. Lucky i went in at about 5.30 and just stuck it out so i could see Empire of the Sun at 8pm.

Just got my tickets to Sunset Sounds, bring on Moby and Hilltop Hoods. Hopefully going to get my tickets for BDO tonight if all goes to plan. Already got Stereosonic tickets. Then i suppose hang out to see what Global and Future line ups look like.

Hectik Summer lol.

parklife melbourne was so good. were you in the cool kids mosh?? good crowd. yeah crystal castles were insane also mstrkrft, a-trak and art vs science were highlights.

wish i could go to stereosonic (bloody beetroots) but i chose falls and bdo instead.

yeah i was, theyre awesome guys they tried to sneak me into pogo when they played there (i was underage) but the security guards didnt know who they were.

i think i might go to falls aswell as stereo and bdo. new years eve in melbourne is usually crap/.

yeah i was, theyre awesome guys they tried to sneak me into pogo when they played there (i was underage) but the security guards didnt know who they were.

i think i might go to falls aswell as stereo and bdo. new years eve in melbourne is usually crap/.

so many drugs got passed around that mosh..i wasnt participating of course :)

wish i could go to all three but i live in tassie and funds dont allow!

i wont be doing any festivals/events saving my money for the event of the year

KAZANTIP!!!! 6 weeks of pure partying on the cost of the black sea

so many drugs got passed around that mosh..i wasnt participating of course :)

wish i could go to all three but i live in tassie and funds dont allow!

haha so true, there were so many drugs there fall stop. every where looked someone was snorting something.

stereosonic, falls and bdo i have tickets to. Hoping future and good vibes have decent line ups. Summerdayz one is dissapointing.

future lineup is delicious.

decided i have to go to stereo as bloody beetroots are too good to miss.

sooo

did any1 see the line up for future music 2010??

i am soooo happy about this!

only fail dj is dave guetta, sell out..makes shit pop/dance radio crap

The Prodigy -yesssss

Empire Of The Sun

Franz Ferdinand

Booka Shade -yessss

John Digweed -yesssss!!

Sven Vath

David Guetta

Erick Morillo

Dubfire

Boys Noize-yessss

Above & Beyond-yessss

Yeah dude future is off tap... This festival season has turned out to be so rude. So many good line ups.

Lineups are awesome.. but it's no biggy.

If one DJ doesn't come this year, they'll probably come the next. and vice versa.

if one does come this.. they'll probably be here again in 1 or 2.

There are that many events, and that many awesome club nights that its so hard to pick and choose! my wallet draining as we speak :P

I'm gonna give future a miss next year, and instead put my funds into Strawberry Fields and Rainbow Serpent.

im gonna go 2 as many as possible

thats where i have most my fun instead of just going out random clubs in sydney fri and sat night week afta week

i meant big international DJs playing at certain clubs (club nights).. but yeh

f*ck all other festivals, SOUNDWAVE decimates all.

BDO is good but most of the big bands have been already previously. I can't believe soundwave hasnt sold out.

Faith No More

Janes Addiction

Paramore

Rise Against

AFI

Placebo

HIM

Trivium

Anthrax

Eagles of Deathmetal

Meshuggah

Enter Shikari

Anvil (hahahahahaha)

AntiFlag

All of these acts are big names. There are others as well I just dont like them.

BDO usually only has a couple of big names. The rest is Aussie or lesser known international.

By the way I am a festival whore and enjoy all fests. But seriously the soundwave linup is orgasmic.

if anyone has any soundwave melb tix let me know! i want 2. omfg lineup is golden.

same with future this year.

future last year was abit of a letdown imo