Sign in to follow this  
Luke - AE86

+ 1 for Shannons Car Insurance

Just wanted to give some reps to Shannons Car Insurance

I recently had an issue, they went above and beyond what I would have thought was necessary to rectify the situation and my car!!! :woot:

f**king stoked with them :blush:

hmm interesting. im tempted to change insurers coz just cars doesnt wana know u unless ur car actually gets stolen.

also interested in track car/day permit insurance. as just cars doesnt do that either.

• Upvote 1

this is getting as bad as sau.

threads saying thanks to companies who do what your paying them to do..

• Upvote 2

is it true that you have to be a minimum of 25 to be insured by them though? that's the impression i have been under. hope its not true, as ive only heard good things about them and i would be interested in going with them

Been with shannons for yrs now for all my insurance needs, cars, house, contents etc. NEVER had a problem and have great policies :)

-1 for Shannons.

Didn't even want to speak to me even though i'm Rating 1, 25 and wanted to insure 2 cars and my house.

They ended up giving me a quote (after being on the phone for ages), but i found another quote with near the exact same terms and conditions for of half Shannons total price.

I guess it depends on who you get on the other end of the phone!

• Upvote 2

Yeah, except I don't give out reps that easily.

If you knew the circumstances of this story (which you don't and I'm not telling), you too would agree that what they did was above and beyond. I am guessing most Insurers that cater to import enthusiasts would not be as thorough as what Shannons were. Again, I'm only guessing. Seeming as this site is for imports, thought people might like to know.

And you don't have to be over 25, just have a good driving history and some other things. It has been covered here before

-1 for Shannons.

Didn't even want to speak to me even though i'm Rating 1, 25 and wanted to insure 2 cars and my house.

They ended up giving me a quote (after being on the phone for ages), but i found another quote with near the exact same terms and conditions for of half Shannons total price.

I guess it depends on who you get on the other end of the phone!

Same here, but they wouldnt even give me a quote. Been with Just Cars for 5 years and they have always helped in every situation no problems ever and i have claimed a few times for not at fault accidents and still have my rating 1.

nuh, sau would have a 15 paragraph essay about their life story, what cars they saw on the way, how that made them feel, and then what they chatted about at vili's.

and then all the other members would have to quote the entire 15 paragraph essay, highlight various parts in bold, and elaborate about how much they agree.

Just Cars is meh, but Shannon's wouldn't cover my FD if I crashed at a mate's house and didn't put it in their garage.

WTF? Isn't that a little over the top? It annoyed me a fair bit coz I was really looking forward to using them.

-1 for shannons for being cocks and not insuring under 25yo.

if and when i ever get a car worth going full comp insurance shannon looks to be the go.

u got about a 10 year wait then lol

i havent had any luck with shannons... rang them up to insure my first bike.. went through all the questions about being an enthusiast and all that which was sweet.. then they said, "oh you havent had your bike licence long enough. We could insure a car for you no problems"

so about 6 months later i rang back to get a quote on the stagea. Went through all the questions and when it got to what type of car is it and i told them, the conversation went something like this

shannons - "is this the first time you have owned a car like that"

me - "yeah, ive never owned a station wagon before"

shannons - "no i meant a turbo 4wd"

me - "no"

shannons - "we cant cover you then"

have been insured for 8 years, rating 1, no claims what so ever.... oh well..

• Upvote 1

Just cars and Shannon's is owned by the same people !!!

Yep, and they won't take business from each other.

don't like either.

don't like many car insurance companies.

do like that i am now over 25 :D

i used some other mob before and now changed to shannons. kinda bit annoyed with them atm cause they wont let me put my car on laid up cover cause im not driving it atm and its costing me $100 a month just to sit in my garrage. i dont wanna use just cars as they are ghey. any other people i could call for quotes?

• Upvote 1

NO company in Australia provides cover for vehicles on the race track... the only Shannons vehicles that get track cover have to be about 65yrs old hahaha

unlucky

A couple of members on here work for Shannons doing quotes and arranging policies. PM me if you want to speak to them direct. I have all my cars and house through them and have been extremely happy with their service.

• Upvote 1

Yep, and they won't take business from each other.

Monopoly much!?

• Downvote 2

Had my 180sx with Shannons for 5 years, just changed to Just Car as HEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPSSSSSS cheaper than Shannons for a higher insured value. The young bloke I spoke with at Shannons was the biggest w*nker I have come across. He said that Shannons arent that happy to cover imports as imports cost them too much cash on claims. I have his name so I will ring the manager and have a GOOOOOD b*tch to him about this guy and his lack of service.

with shannons atm, with both my daily stato and race car inn. for the sil

currently trying to sort out a claim with them and yeh its a up in the air, but they have been very helpfull so far...

but coverage wise, awesome ;)... will keep update what happens with my gear ;)

i used some other mob before and now changed to shannons. kinda bit annoyed with them atm cause they wont let me put my car on laid up cover cause im not driving it atm and its costing me $100 a month just to sit in my garrage. i dont wanna use just cars as they are ghey. any other people i could call for quotes?

hey squint lips

im with shannons and just changed mine to layed up as mines in the shed not registered.

maybe you didnt ask them the right way :P

• Upvote 1

hey squint lips

im with shannons and just changed mine to layed up as mines in the shed not registered.

maybe you didnt ask them the right way :P

i might have to give them another call.

Yeah, except I don't give out reps that easily.

If you knew the circumstances of this story (which you don't and I'm not telling), you too would agree that what they did was above and beyond. I am guessing most Insurers that cater to import enthusiasts would not be as thorough as what Shannons were. Again, I'm only guessing. Seeming as this site is for imports, thought people might like to know.

And you don't have to be over 25, just have a good driving history and some other things. It has been covered here before

What are they like pricewise compared to just car. Im sick of jst car but I was under impression of being over 25 too.

When i had the GTR i tried to get a quote from Shannons and the bloke wouldn't have a bar of it.

I was 27 full rating 1 and the excuse i got was i needed to be in a cams approved car club.

So i went with just cars instead and got insured that day...

Yea, ive called shannons like 3 times after owning 3 imports.. Gave me the same response each time

"we dont do imports at all"

Shoulda got the hint the first time

Im 23 with no previous claims.

A couple of members on here work for Shannons doing quotes and arranging policies. PM me if you want to speak to them direct. I have all my cars and house through them and have been extremely happy with their service.

+1.

I had my Evo insured through Shannons while I was 22 through someone from SAU. Agreed value and choice of repairer.

After seeing how they sorted out a mates' WRX once when he put it into a guard rail (himself, no other cars involved) I have a fair amount of trust in them.

• Upvote 1