Sign in to follow this  
racin jason

OZ Drift GP - Baskerville TAS - Judges revealled on Page 11!

im sure the event is gonna go off like a jewish foreskin either way. cant wait

Not an announcement - BUT! Just got off the old dog and bone to the Apple Isle and apparently there is a little PRE-RACE drinky poo's being arranged for entrants and mainlanders attending. This get together is being planned for Friday night, and is an invite only deal.

Mozza the man of many BBQ's is hooking it all together, so PM him if your up for a meet, greet and nom nom session. I have a feeling a few of the 'visitors' will be in attendance.

RJ

OK GUYS HERES THE SKINNY ON THE FRIDAY NIGHT FRY UP AND SLURP SESSION !!!

*Where ?; MOONAH AUTO SALVAGE

62 HOPKINS ST MOONAH (Close to SPG and Tas Mobile Mech)

(plenty parking available )

*When ?: 4pm onwards

**I will throw on a few free cartons of Beams and Beer and a BBQ for competititors, crews and officials !

* A good chance to catch up/stir up with mainland and local teams and lay down some "bets and challenges" before the heat gets cranked right up on Saturday !

so feel free to drop in for a sip and a snag !

*Hope to get a few Drift weapons (cars not drivers) on display !

*Let me know if your car is available for display this week

*Hoist available for last minute Ghetto fixes ( please pre book )

* If your car is available for static displays this week at all please drop it in for promotion!

*either PM, Email mozz.maxboost@bigpond.com or phone/text 0419743291 me if your keen !

FORD RS200 (Original ex works tarmac rally car !!) STEVEN SIMMS ENTERED AND CONFIRMED FOR TIME ATTACK !

should be a evo added to the time attack ranks as of today...nothing special, but will add variety to the schedule...

FORD RS200 (Original ex works tarmac rally car !!) STEVEN SIMMS ENTERED AND CONFIRMED FOR TIME ATTACK !

:humpleg:

Troy "dont mess with the beast" Johnson - Rally SUBARU WRX and Max "madness" Mcdermott - RX-7 TARMAC RALLY CAR ---- entered Time attack - CHECK !!!

will there be vegi burgers at this bbq???

im sure mozza can sort some out if you drop him a pm and confirm attendance...otherwise the supermarket is less than 5mins walk frm his joint...

Vegie burgers..............HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA........I offer both my nostrils for anyone wanting to mine for a vegie burger!

Don't worry Luke you'll find something to eat, after all you can pretty much anything on the Map of Tasmania!

RJ

P.S. - Will the RS200 prove it's race heritiage with rally history with some donuts at the pre-event drinkies?????

will there be vegi burgers at this bbq???

Do you mean mean "Vegie Burger" as in Promo Chicks or like a a real "Vegie Burger" , both can be arranged !

There is also a nice little mini table top jump/kicker at the front door if anyone is up for stunts (not much run off area thought!) WE LOVE STUNTS !

As for the RS200 "Heli's" that too could be arranged, nothing is a problem !!!

!

On another matter any bands you guys would prefer for ear candy over the weekend ..... either post or pm or mozz.maxboost@bigpond or 0419743291 text

THIS IS GONNA BE AN EPIC WEEKEND ! almost like an end of year party !

i dont eat meat and i wanna come to the bbq ....... kapish

lol see yall there

.....and Luke Fink gets 'Quote of the Thread' right there folks for use of the word 'Kapish'

Old School gold mate.....bloody beautiful old school gold.......I LMAO so much I shate a smile out my date!

RJ

Troy "dont mess with the beast" Johnson - Rally SUBARU WRX and Max "madness" Mcdermott - RX-7 TARMAC RALLY CAR ---- entered Time attack - CHECK !!!

dont forget the big white single turb's supra driven by matt rogers :)

dont forget the big white single turb's supra driven by matt rogers :)

you mean the one with the brakes the size of your wheels and the turbo the size of my head??

Pretty keen to see it in action seeing as i havent had the chance as yet

!!!!ANNOUNCEMENT 9!!!!

Top Secret Qualifying Format Released!!!!!

As you all know the Pro-Class top qualifier will win an unprecedented $1500 smackaroonies. Drive hard in Qualifying, nail the top spot and grab the cash - SIMPLE! Or so you might be lead to believe.....however, as this is the OZ Drift GP, and seeing nothing is normal or traditional about these types of events, and we like to challenge the drivers and entertain the crowd.......we have developed a brand new qualifying system to make sure the Number 1 qualifier EARNS the $1500 up for grabs!

Enter the.........

TOP 10 SHOOTOUT

Pro-Class cars qualify as per normal, however the Top 10 qualifying spots are not finalised, as the drivers in the Top 10 have only 'earnt a spot' there.....not a placing! Once the qualifying results are announced, the Top 10 cars are then invited back on to the track for one last Banzai pass to secure their final qualifying spots. This is called the TOP 10 SHOOTOUT! One warm up lap......then one run for the glory of the No. 1 spot.....and a cool $1500 pay check to boot too!

Any driver who makes it into the Top 10 is essentially in the running for the No. 1 spot.......any Top 10 driver could potentially take the $1500 big ones, and everyone else.......well, we get to watch one hell of a final qualifying session.

Further details on this new qualifying format will be given to the Pro-Class drivers at the drivers briefing on the Saturday morning.

cant wait to go though 1500$ worth of sunoco fuel and toyo r1r tyres to try and win the 1500$ lol

R33 GTR N1 entered for Time Attack one of only 4 in Aus.

hopefully he can start off the line some time as this thing has a mental launch. Flames + 4WD wheel spin = hell yea

Hey Luke, there's a media call on Friday at the track if your interested - contact Rob Curtpatrick for more details. I understand we have Hobart TV, Radio and Newspaper media attending!

RJ

!!!!ANNOUNCEMENT 9!!!!

Top Secret Qualifying Format Released!!!!!

As you all know the Pro-Class top qualifier will win an unprecedented $1500 smackaroonies. Drive hard in Qualifying, nail the top spot and grab the cash - SIMPLE! Or so you might be lead to believe.....however, as this is the OZ Drift GP, and seeing nothing is normal or traditional about these types of events, and we like to challenge the drivers and entertain the crowd.......we have developed a brand new qualifying system to make sure the Number 1 qualifier EARNS the $1500 up for grabs!

Enter the.........

TOP 10 SHOOTOUT

Pro-Class cars qualify as per normal, however the Top 10 qualifying spots are not finalised, as the drivers in the Top 10 have only 'earnt a spot' there.....not a placing! Once the qualifying results are announced, the Top 10 cars are then invited back on to the track for one last Banzai pass to secure their final qualifying spots. This is called the TOP 10 SHOOTOUT! One warm up lap......then one run for the glory of the No. 1 spot.....and a cool $1500 pay check to boot too!

Any driver who makes it into the Top 10 is essentially in the running for the No. 1 spot.......any Top 10 driver could potentially take the $1500 big ones, and everyone else.......well, we get to watch one hell of a final qualifying session.

Further details on this new qualifying format will be given to the Pro-Class drivers at the drivers briefing on the Saturday morning.

I personally hate that idea. So if a driver got a well deserved 1st place qualifying then stuffs up the 'shootout', then their hard work goes down the drain. Qualifying is meant to be the best of 2. Not too fair to give only 1 chance after that. Especially since it's meant to rain which can really stuff up that 1 chance for someone if they've already done 2 perfect qualifying runs.

Normal traditional competition devotee's need to use the door on stage exit right>

This qualifying system is a massive deviation away from what is offered at most comp's around the nation....much like the sport of Drifting was a HUGE deviation away from traditional circuit racing. Why offer what every other Drift event does? Why follow other drift promoters lead?

This system has been used in other forms of motorsport....but never in Drift.

Everyone complains about tyre regulations and big budget teams....and how the sport should reward driver skill.....and the endless rants and post demand something be done to protect the 'little man'.......Well this format allows the 'little man' to be protected, and rewards driver skill......infact it encourages consistent driving and the ability of the driver to rise to the challenge offer.

After the immense success of the Drift Super Cup in Adelaide where we made no bones about breaking away from tradition, we decided to do the same here. How will the sport ever evolve? How will we learn new formats unless we try them out? Fear not though....we are not doing this JUST to be different, as this format will challenge the entrants.....and from the feedback of entrants to events we have gained the following desires from them;

1 - They want more track time

2 - The want to battle more

3 - They want to do different things apart from traditional drifting

I think the qualifying system is unique and WILL work well. I guess if you don't agree, then we will have to wait and see what the general concensus is after it has been rolled out. Pretty hard to shit can a new format when;

a, your on a computer

b, the format hasn't even been put into practice

c, the ACTUAL drivers haven't aired their opinions

It's kinda like saying the beach is too cold before you've even put a toe in the water to actually find out. I encourage opinions, so feel free to have input on the subject, as we only learn what works with this sport by listening to those involved. That's why the DSC event was so much fun.

RJ

So if someone earns 1st place then spins out in the shootout, they qualify tenth?

I am a driver. Just bout to fax off my street class entry.

So if someone earns 1st place then spins out in the shootout, they qualify tenth?

I am a driver. Just bout to fax off my street class entry.

lol its rj's idea, he'll defend it til his left speachless which we know will never happen...

While its different and while i dnt like it, it'll certainly add another dimension to the competition...

I would love the extra lap qualifieying layout if i was in 10th, but if i was in first and defending my place i would hate it, ,10th place goes all out, 1st place stays consistant, will be a great spectical for the crowd, wow i really cant wait for this!!!!

I would love the extra lap qualifieying layout if i was in 10th, but if i was in first and defending my place i would hate it, ,10th place goes all out, 1st place stays consistant, will be a great spectical for the crowd, wow i really cant wait for this!!!!

i dont think anyone will know what position they are in, more that they made top ten. I think its a great idea (providing I can make top ten. lol)

Its sort of a mini comp-sort of

...it encourages consistent driving...
Expression sessions and entry comps have always produced the best driving because they have no real consequences.

Anything that requires consistency always seems to favor the conservative drivers with powerful cars and lots of new tyres.

Have normal qualifying.

Then have a kamikaze qualifying session where the driver keeps their old score as a minimum, even if they spin.

But if they beat their score with some awesome run they get the new score.

Simple... none of the penalties of pushing, with all the rewards.

Everyone is happy, especially the audience and it avoids copying an ancient idea from Bathurst V8 bogans.