kriss

kris's A31 Cefiro

did another drift day at Calder Park on Saturday, rocked up fashionably late at lunch time and went straight out on track

car felt great but that only lasted 2 laps til again it dropped power, couldnt even do the sweeper in 3rd and struggled to get to limiter in 2nd gear, cracked the shits and just kept driving it, kept getting worse and worse and worse and was struggling to spin the wheels in the wet WTF *milkshake* just let me skid

ended the day with snapping a tie rod end and going off track, think it was already bent and just gave way

I have no idea why its dropping power, did it last event aswel

Blingy can you fix it please

ECCD7CAF-E8C4-453E-8373-812A8F7DD90E-2736-00000131A433B960_zps09a47873.jpg

7E4D84D4-8FBC-4F09-A06B-7C0E25ABA76B-2736-0000013602F1132C_zpsc2ab7681.jpg

And someone answer me this, Cefiros have S13 front end yet an S14 tie rod end fit my tie rod when I changed it at the track? Always thought S13 and S14 was different thread?

And thanks Jam that must've been one of the 2 laps when it worked haha

Drop car off for cage. Stop it by trent while its on that side of town.

But my first vote is for a boost gauge... maybe gates not holding. But then again, it was missing a bit when it was breaking down hey? Defiantly chuck this in the too hard pile.

Regards, HandyJams

Yeh I bidded on a boost guage today haha, gate is opening so don't think it's a boost issue pretty sure it's heat related

Yeh near the end of the day it was breaking down at high revs that's why I thought to take off coilpack cover coz coilpacks might be getting hot

Might just buy some more wheels

Edited by kriss

hahahah handyjams

Phase 1 buy wheels. Bidding on those ones?

Phase 2 take my coilpacks cause its not going anywhere, and try you igniter on the firewall. My car used to shut off when the igniter got hot.

they do look good. good size too.

Yeh gna bid on what I showed you today plus some others lol

All good Ive got Josh's 33 I can swap parts off to test but f**k the rego ran out today so to test shit I need to pay rego lol

Igniter on the firewall ftw. They the strusse I sent you the link yesterday? What else?

One thing I've learnt is never post up on forums anything you're bidding on

Haha I was just thinking the same

Just going to look at agles...................

Yeah fair point man, I remember heaps of people on here used to get sniped all the time lol

And someone answer me this, Cefiros have S13 front end yet an S14 tie rod end fit my tie rod when I changed it at the track? Always thought S13 and S14 was different thread?

You must have s14 rack or tie rods, s13/a31 are 12mm, s14 are 14mm.

Or you fitted a s13 tie rod end.

yeh its weird, the car was standard when i bought it and ive never changed the tie rods so i dont see why it would have S14 gear and the end i replaced was apparently S14

Just measure the thread on that snapped one, that way you'll know what you have/need to get next time, ( always good to take spare tie rod and tie rod end to take to the track)

Edited by Gordie

Sounds similar to me buying s13 lca's, ball joints wouldn't fit my knuckles so I brought s14 ball joints that fit fine, then Brought s13 gktech knuckles that my s14 ball joints fit perfect.

Edited by frenchie1001

Yeh near the end of the day it was breaking down at high revs that's why I thought to take off coilpack cover coz coilpacks might be getting hot

I had the same shit, took the plug gap down to 0.6 from 0.8 and problem solvered. Have since re wired the coil pack loom and added a relay with a bigger feed from battery and can now run 0.8 again.

yeh its weird, the car was standard when i bought it and ive never changed the tie rods so i dont see why it would have S14 gear and the end i replaced was apparently S14

possible that it was changed in japan to s14 gear?

Don't see why on a standard Cefiro

My first cefiro, (absolute stocker) had 14mm rack ends too.

Current cefiro also has 14mm thread, but was 5 stud when I bought it so possibly changed to s14 as well. Although still had the shorter s13 style LCA. with the s14 ball joint pressed in. Not sure why they would change to s14 rack ends, plus they looked like they'd never been off the car. so who knows. Everything else i've read says S13 front end.

Thread was 14mm so must be s14.

Cars probably been written off 30 times and smashed together by a bunch of jap guys with whatever they found in the gutter.

I'd be scared to test what the miss/lack of power is on the street haha.

If only we had tools at calder haha

lol +1!

somone made a "cool things on yahoo" thread on 86dc. worst thing! i went off

Agreed. Gram lights look so awesome on the back of this. Photographers down there are doing some crazy stuff these days too. Pictures look rad.

31-3510_zps8df6e3c8.jpg

31-3535_zps66799b12.jpg

31-3536_zps525dc3d5.jpg

31-3539_zps533f2050.jpg

31-3540_zpsdbd1f76a.jpg

31-3542_zps044b4ec2.jpg

31-3549_zpsc7c5d577.jpg

31-3614_zps5a10229e.jpg

To bad it spent alot of time like in that first pic.

I'll check if I got any decent pics of it.

I swear the more we all stared into the engine bay the worse it got. At least we all looked like we knew what we were doing.