Sign in to follow this  
terrykoun

Getting bends put on Oil Hose

Hi quick question

is it possible to get a bend into a rubber oil hose?

because i need it for my T25 oil drain hose, i bought a straight oil hose from Enzed and realised i need a bend, but Enzed dont stock bent oil hoses.

who can i go to get it done if it is possible?

thanks,

Hi quick question

is it possible to get a bend into a rubber oil hose?

because i need it for my T25 oil drain hose, i bought a straight oil hose from Enzed and realised i need a bend, but Enzed dont stock bent oil hoses.

who can i go to get it done if it is possible?

thanks,

its the oik return line? can i ask how much you paid for one from enzed? i need a new one and nissan dont have any in the country and they suggested i try Enzed.

go and find a stainless steel spring roughly the internal size of the hose, put it inside that hose and away you go.

i.e.

Image636.jpg

hmmm good idea, any idea where to get one from? wouldnt that slow the flow of oil though?

I paid a bit under 20 bucks included 2 hose clamps and a decent length to make at least 2 copies.

That's -10 hose so it'll flow twice the amount that the factory hose will, also BB turbos have very little oil going through them bush bearing turbo will have a lot more, but still less than the hose with spring will be able to flow. As for where the spring came from i went to a custom spring place and they had a bucket of mixed springs, i just broke out the magnet and found one the right size that wasn't magnetic (stainless steel isn't magnetic or at least weakly magnetic) and grabed it. i don't think they even charged me for it.

If you can't find a stainless spring it won't really matter if it's an oil hose, but if it's a coolant hose it will need to be stainless.

goto repco/autostore and at the counter, there should be this EZ COIL stuff, or ask em.

its a spring like thing, that wraps around your hose, and you can bend the spring and the hose together and it wont kink it

http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=16154

i was actually talking about another brand "_something_ Coil" but the above one does the same thing.

the only problem with that; is because the area where the hose in question is located, is near the turbine housing it will heat soak since it is metal and it's on the outside of the hose. Heat soak isn't an issue with it on the inside of the hose since the oil is taking the temperature out of the metal. In other areas it would work fine, i didn't know such a product existed

I used Unicoil (Plastic) and it melted onto the hose and the hose kinked...lol..

Now bought some proper Aeroquip oil hose and got a coat hanger, cut off the straight side and wound it around a 13mm bolt, threaded her inside the hose and on she went...

I was a bit iffy about the spring being to small and goinf out the drain and into the sump but not yet...lol...long as she stays the same size...its all good...

Out of curiosity, why do coolant hoses need SS springs?...chemical reactions or something?...

thanks for the help guys but i have since opted to take the car to a workshop and they are going to source the genuine part because im going the Disco Potato, so i figured i would do it once and do it properly. Pay good money for a workshop to do it.

having said that if anyone wants the oil hose from enzed pm me its yours for free.

thanks,