Sign in to follow this  
stawka

S15 gear surround?

OK so here's the story. I bought my S15 about 2 months, and the clown before me decided to change the gearknob to some plastic chrome wonnabe thing. Anyway... This is where it gets funny. I wanted to change the gearknob, but to do so I had to take the leather off - but the leather was ripped so I just ripped it completely off... The plastic clip that holds the leather to the plastic surround was missing and the guy had superglued the leather to the plastic surround (without the clip) so I couldn't change the leather without getting a new clip.

So today I've just gone and picked up my new leather and clip... And here she is. There's a massive gap between the knob and the leather. PLUS, the guy before me also shaved off half the gearstick, so it's shorter anyway.

So basically, WTF am I missing, and WTF is it gonna cost me??? Thanks :D

gappy knob lawl.jpg

The stock gearknob has a collar for the leather gear boot to clip around.

You are better off getting a stcok gearknob because that collar is built into the stocker.

Shaving or cutting the gear stick is the most dodgiest way to shorten the throw. To actually change the throw you need to adjust the pivot point, since the gear stick is a lever in principle.

• Upvote 1

I know, it's dodgy as f**k. I was looking at getting the stock JDM one but can't find one in good condition. So if I get the stock gearknob, it will fit nice and snug?

There is nothing different between the JDM and ADM gear knobs.

These gearknobs will all come with the collar that is required for the gear boot to sit nice and flush on the end of the gearknob.

Try and get another gear stick if possible from the wreckers.

i got yashio factory gear knob.

reason i got it is because it looks like stock s15 gear knob :P

love the look of them

Image3.jpg

LOL I was just gonna suggest the Yashio Factory one!

I have one as well. The best one onthe market since it comes with the collar on the bottom.

• Downvote 1

What are they worth? I don't know about that stuff dude. One guy was going to sell me the JDM one for $30, and another said $40 but both had a mark on them.

Also, I thought the JDM one had the Silvia "lightning bolt" on it?

all you need is a stock gear knob. Provided there is still some thread for you to screw it on it should be all good.

if he has shaved off almost all the thread you will need a new shifter. Unless you can find one second hand the next best option is a C's SHort shifter

There is a bit of thread left as the current gearknob is pretty tight, but I've always wanted the stock one (because of the lightning bolt S). If a stock gearstick is cheap i'll grab one, otherwise i'll just use the current one with the stock gearknob :)

*facepalm* man what the previous owner did to the shifter is terrible lol. Not only did he hack the shifter, but he replaced it with some ugly ass knob. All you need is the stock gear knob as every1 has said. You should easily find them for cheap posting in WTB or on ebay or wreckers or whatever.

Also I'll be removing my stock s15 shifter soon, but keeping the knob. Let me know if you're ever interested in the shifter.

One more thing, where'd u get the clip to hold the leather gearboot to the plastic surround? Mine broke a long time ago and I've been driving without the gearboot ever since.

*facepalm* man what the previous owner did to the shifter is terrible lol. Not only did he hack the shifter, but he replaced it with some ugly ass knob. All you need is the stock gear knob as every1 has said. You should easily find them for cheap posting in WTB or on ebay or wreckers or whatever.

Also I'll be removing my stock s15 shifter soon, but keeping the knob. Let me know if you're ever interested in the shifter.

One more thing, where'd u get the clip to hold the leather gearboot to the plastic surround? Mine broke a long time ago and I've been driving without the gearboot ever since.

Yeah it was pretty dodgy, it got worse the more I took things off LOL. When you change your shifter, PM me with a price - if it's worth it i'll grab it... Otherwise i'll just keep this one, it's not really killing me. As far as the plastic clip goes, I had to buy a whole surround and leather just to get the clip. Cost me a bit but i'm one of those guys that loves having everything neat and perfect, hence all the money spent on BS

Fifteen gear and all possible gears are struck for the citation for the mainland. The revolution of the dissertation writing online is argued for the main teems for stepsons it is argued for the fixing of the goals. The systematic flaw is removed with the efforts of the engineers.