• Lilydale
    • Hawthorn
    • Prahran
    • Croydon
    • Wantirna
    • Healesville
    • ...Sarawak?

Alright kids,

Seems as if the Deakin slackers are taking over this place. Everytime I come in this forum (when I remember that it still exists); the thread is active at the top of the Vic section. Who knows what they're talking about? I don't.

The intent of this thread? For lulz. I know there are more Swinburnians out there! Plus, after 2 months of actually beginning Uni, I JUST found the library today. Win.

Also, if you intend on starting a course at Swinburne, you are also encouraged to contribute.

Anyway, I am studing Bachelor of Comm. (Public Relations) between Prahran/Lilydale. So far I am in my first subject at Prahran studing part-time as a "mature-age" student. I work also. Monday's drain my life. I drive my Civic to Uni because I refuse to take any means on public transportation.

So get the ball rolling;

Who are you?

What do you drive?

What course are you doing? Tafe/Uni?

What campus are you at? [if you are at Prahran, where do you park? Do you commonly see the circus people and do you lulz?]

Anything else relevant?

Ta.

• Downvote 2

I drive my Civic to Uni because I refuse to take any means on public transportation.

that's the spirit :lol:

HA! So Filip, where did Maroondah take you? :D

Need to catch up with you and Pat soon. FYI, the Civic is for sale and no longer is registered under MATTEL. I see you all the time on Eastfield Road and you never see me. Makes me devo a little..

us deakin cats talk about how ghey swinburne is. and i think there already was a swinburne thread.

HA! So Filip, where did Maroondah take you? :D

Need to catch up with you and Pat soon. FYI, the Civic is for sale and no longer is registered under MATTEL. I see you all the time on Eastfield Road and you never see me. Makes me devo a little..

Haha. first to the army and now an apprenticeship. uni just wasn't for me :P

Sorry about that lol, but the civic didn't really attract that much attention did it. def keep the plates :yes: what you getting now?

the s13 is for sale too, so you'll have to keep an eye out for the s14 now :lol:

I was at lilydale last semester, just finished my degree in business accounting.

my mum is the head librarian at prahan campus so if you have any late fees mention you know "billie" loll

I'm at swinburne hawthorn doing public and environmental health. Always see plenty of imports around he campus...

Revival. Any takers?

I'm at Lilydale now. Assignment due tomorrow - 4PM.

Progess - 1%

Congratulations. A title.

Hahaha

Assignment due at 1pm

Progress: about the same

I'm at La Trobe though

Im in my 3rd year of network design and security at Hawthorn. Parking is a joke, i refuse to pay and cbf moving every 2 - 4 hours so it means parking almost 2km's away :sick:

Refuse to do trains, I drive my mates daily buzz box $35 on fuel 400km's can't complain.

swinburne hawthorn

bachelor of mechanical engineering repeating 1st/2nd yr after transfering from 2nd yr at RMIT.

currently train it to uni because some old lady hit me off my bike one morning and i havnt got round to building a new fixie. plus melbourne winter weather is not favourable to cyclists...

seriously lacking motivation for uni when i need money and cars are more fun to work on then study.

-dan

I'm at swinburne prahran too, only take the car to school on Fridays only because I have one 3 hour class that day and i gotta carry all my material. Look for the mirage.

Still at hawthorn doing the same thing. Had been tramming but gunna start driving more often i think...

mel your gay.

also dan your gay.

mel you get a cookie if you guess who i am right.

just gone back after a year off after year 12 to work n shiz

got a black still-in-debt-so-haven't-modded-yet spec 92 s13 (but i don't drive it to tafe yet coz i was lazy as getting my L's, n now getting the hours is a pickle =S =( )

doing cert 4 design at wantirna

few imports around there

2 or so s13s, white one n a dark green one, or maybe it was dark blue

an s14

2 r34s, one black, one white

a silver evo8

anddddddddddddddddddddddddd, cant remember any others

tis funny seeing how the you can tell which cars the bogans drive

and there's a funny bright yellow excel that thinks its a rally car or something

mel your gay.

also dan your gay.

mel you get a cookie if you guess who i am right.

You're a phag?

Cookie please.

How's everyone during week 2 this semester? Subjects?

LPR200; nothing like history and theory. I'm drained already.

Full time student for 2011. FML.

Anyone else joining the Swinburne crew?

Yeah me, full time sparky pre app for 2011, drive an 86 and a ke will be at Croydon, anyone at Croydon?

Im leaving to do ibl for a year, hopefully the place wont be a construction zone when i get back

Yeah me, full time sparky pre app for 2011, drive an 86 and a ke will be at Croydon, anyone at Croydon?

Your campus has all the Bingo/Trivia nights. I'm walking distance...I ashamedly live around the corner.

Welcome :P

I'm at wantirna campus. Doing fitting and turning (eng cert 3)

I wouldve much preffered to go to deakin, monash or latrobe but unfourtunantly swinburne was the only uni in melb offering the course i wanted...

I live opposite Hathown Campus but I'm not a student!

Occassionally see a few silvias. Sometimes a Black chaser with nice wheels, umm what else. few VTEC YO machines as well.

On park st? I lived on campus 1st year and always had nice cars parking outside the unit. I know the chaser your talking about... Has camry badges :P

I work at Swinburne Hawthorn and train it in everyday. I live on the Westside so I hate driving through city traffic and paying for parking. When I do drive (I got a Vee Dub now) I park pretty far away so it's free all day and skate in to campus. I recently bought an N12 Nissan Exa Turbo to park at the station everyday (but selling it now because I should just take the bus).

I first studied at Melbourne Uni which was nice, but snobby and boring, then went to RMIT which was the bomb. Swinburne seems good for students nowadays as it's growing and getting more and more facilities and nicer buildings.

Pity they have fkall parking, and its all expensive (and all the free parking goes damn quick) Social scene (in the apartments at least) was pretty shit also... May be better now though.