Sign in to follow this  
J's 180

Gun Thread.

quick question you guys might be able to answer.

i actually rang up to apply for my class A and B licence (NSW).. i mainly wanna do some target shooting and odd hunting with workmates that want me to come out with them.

now i will join the local sport shooting club so that covers me for the target shooting legit reason, the woman i spoke to on the phone said that to get a licence to cover hunting i would need a 1 off approval from a landowner to sign my forms saying i can shoot for pest control etc etc on his land, however if i had property i could use that as a legitimate reason as long as its rural.

now i have about 3 acres up north, but its a pretty built up area, house on every lot of the street etc, but i looked at my land rates and it stated the property was resedential rural? would that cover me to be able to shoot, its only a big big vacant block of land really, i mean i guess there would be rabbits there, then again its only 3 acres.

is that a legit reason to get licence for hunting?

If you have a licence for target shooting, you can still go hunting with your rifle / shotgun. There aren't different licences for each, you just need to pick a reason and present that to the cops. Once you have the licence and the (Class A & B) gun you don't need to actually go target shooting (though it does help for surprise inspections etc). Also in QLD for land to be used for hunting it has to be so many hundred metres from a building/residence (can't remember) OR at least 40 acres in size.

Also RE: pistols, it's 3 shoots per class (calibre) of pistol owned as mentioned before. You can only get up to a .38 for target shooting, and for up to a .45 you have to do sillouhette shoots.

ahh yes good old cst thats who i went through when i first did my coarse all those years ago (called something different then) if you get the chance dude duck out to wide bay tafes security training centre I would class that as the best firearms coarse ever (am waiting on them to get the prices for the cert 4 and diploma up and running, sick of working as a level 1 guard when i have had my cert 3 for a number of years)

handguns i am tossing up between a S&W mp9 a H&K USP expert cz sp01 shadow (currently the leader due to price and features) and an sti trojan 5", work I am going to outfit my guards with the H&K when i get the buisness to that level. Never been a fan of revolvers and glocks annoy me for some reason. have been looking at a barrett 99 in .416 or a barrett 98bravo in .338 lately as well for some big bore shooting (thats if i even have a chance of getting one in)

I just had a look on the Barrett website and that 98Bravo looks frikkin mean!

quick question you guys might be able to answer.

i actually rang up to apply for my class A and B licence (NSW).. i mainly wanna do some target shooting and odd hunting with workmates that want me to come out with them.

now i will join the local sport shooting club so that covers me for the target shooting legit reason, the woman i spoke to on the phone said that to get a licence to cover hunting i would need a 1 off approval from a landowner to sign my forms saying i can shoot for pest control etc etc on his land, however if i had property i could use that as a legitimate reason as long as its rural.

now i have about 3 acres up north, but its a pretty built up area, house on every lot of the street etc, but i looked at my land rates and it stated the property was resedential rural? would that cover me to be able to shoot, its only a big big vacant block of land really, i mean i guess there would be rabbits there, then again its only 3 acres.

is that a legit reason to get licence for hunting?

I think you have to be able to shoot on said land legally. It doesnt really sound like it... All you need to do is get onto someone you know, a friend of a friend maybe, and just have them give you permission to shoot on their land. if the reason is for "hunting" i dont think you need to do the compulsory range attendance in NSW? *NOT SURE DONT QUOTE ME* :)

you could also become a member of the SSAA, that is a valid reason, but you have to attended club activities a certain amount of times a year for it to remain a reason for owning firearms.

ahh yes good old cst thats who i went through when i first did my coarse all those years ago (called something different then) if you get the chance dude duck out to wide bay tafes security training centre I would class that as the best firearms coarse ever (am waiting on them to get the prices for the cert 4 and diploma up and running, sick of working as a level 1 guard when i have had my cert 3 for a number of years)

i've already got the quals so it's only extra training stuff. anything in particular that the wide bay tafe does in particular?

and as for the cert 3/psd it's not the cert 3 securty i already have the shit for that and slowly working through it (when i remember) it's a cert 3 in executive protection, so the course is similer to what cri in the states do. with the exception of a few guns they won't let us use and no shooting from helicopters.

it's a crappy vid but i can't be bothered finding the good ones right now. but here's a quick cri vid

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEUW1cRc18w&feature=PlayList&p=68590048AA71F453&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19

the guys who teach at wide bay are both "ex" forces and still do protection for the consultant in Iraq, I have been shooting for most of my life and in particular security for 9 years and when i went through these guys they showed me stuff nobody else even touchs on.

I've seen that video before, pretty crazy. Haha should of bent the knees and leaned forward.

the inability of people to hold a rifle properly sometimes amazes me.

got a price on the bravo out of hte latest shooters magazine, 8900 saving time i think

got a price on the bravo out of hte latest shooters magazine, 8900 saving time i think

ouch. it'll be fun though :quagmire:

I own:

A .177 gammo air rifle (for toad hunting/mucking around)

a .243 for hunting and target shooting

and a 9mm beretta 90-two pistol.

99% of the time I shoot the beretta, i very rarely take the rifles out.

Trapper, Cleaver firearms in Margate have a .416 barrett. FAAAARRRRRR too expensive for me to own let alone shoot!

quick question guys,never seen this thread before.

recently got back into firearms again after selling everything years ago.(chrome skk will be missed)

just bought a gamo air rifle for fun and now looking for a medium centrefire rifle.im thinking .222 or .223 or .22 hornet?

anyone got one or had one of these calibres before?

i also just joined up the marksman indoor firing range here in adelaide,so H class is also on the way

any info on those above calibres would be good

cheers

don't know second hand i paid 1200 for mine with a full setup on it new

head on to usedguns.com.au . the price of remingtons and other rifles went up a few hundred when the US dollar went to crap and the economic crap etc etc think around $1500-1600 could be the ballpark now, but it really depends on scope choice, anything from like $300-700 for a decent scope.

theres a Weatherby Varmint on there for $850, that leaves $350 for a scope which would get you a alright one, perhaps a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9. ive got one of those scopes and its great value for money.

got a local gun shop? head in, have a look, a fiddle, a play etc and see if theyll do packages etc, when i got my Remington they threw in scope rings, bipod and bag for free.

yeah ive been looking around a lil bit,gone off the rifle for the moment,just finished my h1 lessons and sent in my application to sapol.28 day wait.wather p99,cz85 or glock 34?

unsure at this stage

cheers

cz75 sp01 phantom trust me beautiful gun to shoot used one the other day

quick question guys,never seen this thread before.

recently got back into firearms again after selling everything years ago.(chrome skk will be missed)

just bought a gamo air rifle for fun and now looking for a medium centrefire rifle.im thinking .222 or .223 or .22 hornet?

anyone got one or had one of these calibres before?

i also just joined up the marksman indoor firing range here in adelaide,so H class is also on the way

any info on those above calibres would be good

cheers

A mate of mine recently picked up an old heavy barrel Tikka in .222 with a thumbhole stock for $500. The accuracy we have been getting out of the thing is rediculous considering the cost. It puts nearly all of my mates other heavy barrels to shame with consistant sub inch grouping at 200m!It was purchased from Fisher Fire Arms in SA. As far as .223, I have a mate with an ADL which is nice to shoot and does the job and another with a VTR which has been put in a HS stock. Both are quite accurate but out of the two I preferred shooting the VTR. The muzzle flash from the VTR is also quite novel.

Another caliber to consider if you are varmit shooting is .204. There are some damn explosive pills available in that caliber and f**k me do they move!

A video of me having my first (and probably last) shot with a pump action 12g. Taken at Phuket Shooting Range. If you ever go there dont bother with anything but the 12g as their prices are rediculous but having the chance to shoot a pump action 12g was worth the money.

hehe 12g pumps are fun, I do the recert for them once a year pity nobody in queensland really uses them anymore.

hehe 12g pumps are fun, I do the recert for them once a year pity nobody in queensland really uses them anymore.

so much fun. been using one front and rear pistol grips eotech sight and was playing around with solids at the range in december, shoulder gets a little sore after using the solids haha

everyone should at least fire a shotgun once

i miss my mossberg 500 replica pump shotty