Sign in to follow this  
kdog

Climate change and ETS bill to be possibly voted on tomorrow

How about the food that you eat? It's getting worse and worse and worse. You NEED the drugs, you NEED the medical system to keep you alive for the last 30 years of your life nowadays.

There is no survival of the fittest now. While it can be claimed that the medical system is keeping us healthy, it's actually encouraging the gene pool to worsen.

I could rant for hours, but to me, while most intentions are for the greater good, they usually come with some pretty average pitfalls.

yeh but the human race is adapting, being "weak" doesnt mean they are bad for the race, if a otherwise healthy person has a heart issue, and the human race now has a cure for it, then why does it matter whether they are in the gene pool or not? i guess u could say it's a drag on resources, and in that sense i agree.

BUT some of the greatest people in the world might be considered "weak", and thanks to modern medicine these people have been able to make the world better.

i do understand what u mean, but remember survival of the fittest is a pretty basic concept relating to simply survivability of the race, not to quality of life or the development of knowledge.

f**k Howard. dude made me ashamed to be Australian. Krudd's no champ, but anything was better than howard. and howard bring Australia back from recession? Tigger please, dont act like our economy is not at the mercy of bigger powers, china, america etc, regardless of what the prime minister does, liberal or labour.

And Abbott? Dude wants to put pants on table legs, and pants on dogs and cats to stop our moral substance being eroded?! crazy fanatic. NO religion has any place in Australian politics.

How about the food that you eat? It's getting worse and worse and worse. You NEED the drugs, you NEED the medical system to keep you alive for the last 30 years of your life nowadays.

There is no survival of the fittest now. While it can be claimed that the medical system is keeping us healthy, it's actually encouraging the gene pool to worsen.

I could rant for hours, but to me, while most intentions are for the greater good, they usually come with some pretty average pitfalls.

yeh but the human race is adapting, being "weak" doesnt mean they are bad for the race, if a otherwise healthy person has a heart issue, and the human race now has a cure for it, then why does it matter whether they are in the gene pool or not? i guess u could say it's a drag on resources, and in that sense i agree.

BUT some of the greatest people in the world might be considered "weak", and thanks to modern medicine these people have been able to make the world better.

i do understand what u mean, but remember survival of the fittest is a pretty basic concept relating to simply survivability of the race, not to quality of life or the development of knowledge.

oh yeah yeah definitely. it has nothing to do with knowledge or anything like that. i'm well aware how intelligent people with eg. autism and the like are.

it's purely just a physical health thing. to me your physical health is pretty much the most important thing to every human being although it's evident that not everyone holds that view. :lol:

its as one of the reports said they don't wanna go to the polls not becuase of this but becuase going anytime soon will put the election well within abbotts honeymoon period where everyone see's fresh face and is will to back him thinking it could be good without looking at his faults.

nismo he travels no more then howard did, its just the press has jumped on him about it becuase there is little else they can jump on yet. howard had 12 years to screw up and he did plenty of it so plenty more to jump on then just his travel plans

I don't believe Howard "screwed up" all that much. Remember he brought the country out of the 90's recession that the Labor party put us in. Then as soon as Labor gets in again what happens? Another Recession... I know it wasn't their fault this time but they freaked and gave everyone money thinking that will fix the problem, sure it did for like a month but now we have no money and they are looking at ways to tax us to pay all that money back. ETS anyone??

Overall Howard did a pretty decent job running this country.

Howard certainly helped with housing affordability.

And when Krudd had a chance to resolve housing affordability by fixing our choked transport systems and allowing the main cities to expan outwards, what did he do? He handed out thousands in cash to dole bludgers instead.....

I'm not a Rudd fanboy Chappy, you don't need to get all defensive.

They both suck. Although personally I'd consider liberal to be the lesser of two evils.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet...

But you're all going to die anyway.

P.S. I don't/didn't support the ETS bill because i think it's way to rushed, and not specific enough for Australia. I'm a fan of doing things right the first time.

P.S. I don't/didn't support the ETS bill because i think it's way to rushed, and not specific enough for Australia. I'm a fan of doing things right the first time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you don't work for the government do you :lol:

I am so impatient i would probably kill myself if i did :lol:

However, with a bill such as this ETS bill it should be debated at the fullest.

I am so impatient i would probably kill myself if i did :lol:

However, with a bill such as this ETS bill it should be debated at the fullest.

oh debating is completely doable. then they'll have a research group. multiple research groups. and the research groups will each do multiple feasibility studies. the research groups will then present their findings to a panel, which will then present the best findings to parliament.

in the end they will just roll with the solution that will present best in the media.

its as one of the reports said they don't wanna go to the polls not becuase of this but becuase going anytime soon will put the election well within abbotts honeymoon period where everyone see's fresh face and is will to back him thinking it could be good without looking at his faults.

nismo he travels no more then howard did, its just the press has jumped on him about it becuase there is little else they can jump on yet. howard had 12 years to screw up and he did plenty of it so plenty more to jump on then just his travel plans

:lol: of course they'd have you believe it's for the greater good. they only ever make these decisions in the interest of the people, right? it's not just self preservation..

what are you on about, I said they will not goto the polls until abbotts honeymoon period is over, the guy is a leech but Rudd is a diplomat at heart and knows that abbott will string himself up if given enough time

I don't believe Howard "screwed up" all that much. Remember he brought the country out of the 90's recession that the Labor party put us in. Then as soon as Labor gets in again what happens? Another Recession... I know it wasn't their fault this time but they freaked and gave everyone money thinking that will fix the problem, sure it did for like a month but now we have no money and they are looking at ways to tax us to pay all that money back. ETS anyone??

Overall Howard did a pretty decent job running this country.

Ok howard didn't screw up that much, Children overboard, AWB, Weapons of mass destruction all lies. What pulled australia out of a recession was the mining boom, infact howard did jack all and just a question for you all, am i going to have to explain AGAIN how the way of money, the economy and politics works in this country?

^^^ so you're saying we should "piss in the pool" cos everyone else is? seems like a mature response that will only serve to benefit us in the long run

No, I'm saying you need everyone on board or else it isn't going to make any difference.

I mean seriously, does anyone sit down and actual think "what are we going to get out of this"

Big business will not give a shit, and will pass the extra costs onto the consumer, screwing us. But we'll get to act all smug to the rest of the world, (kinda like that episode of south park where everyone drives a prius and feels like they're making a difference? But are just being douches)

read what i wrote......i said i didn't do that ;)

u said u didnt vote, you implied that there was a lesser evil however.

kinda like that episode of south park where everyone drives a prius and feels like they're making a difference? But are just being douches

God that episode sums this all up so well.

if i'm overseas while there is an election does that mean i have to vote still?

yeh you have to vote, what the other guy said

We will most likely have a double-dissolution election where Labor takes control of both the upper and lower houses. They can then push through the ETS as they see fit (without the concessions previously agreed with Turnbull). Eventually they'll start to abuse their double-house majority like Howard did, pushing through legislation without resistance, and the swing voters will swing back to Liberal. In 2013 Joe Hockey will most likely present a decent opposition and the Libs may get back in. Or they could completely implode and be a career opposition party like Labor during the Howard years.

and yeh you are wrong-no offence. Labor have majority in both upper and lower houses. (well more than liberal party), however its the independents that knocked back the ETS last time and it is the independents that will knock it back again today. So what has happened is that the independents have formed with the liberal coalition to then take majority of the upper house, which makes the bill become rejected.

you almost got there lol! but like i said before, all this is gonna do is hurt the liberal party. They will lose even more seats at the next election giving Labor, possibly a larger majority in the upper house, where it wont matter if the independents side with the liberals or not, Labor may have more numbers. So the libs possibly are spelling their own doom by rejecting this and they know this. they also know that they will not win an election with Abbott as leader, particularly with the party split so much. Also to further aid Labor, there is the threat of several Liberal Senators crossing the floor to pass the ETS, so the ETS might still yet pass today, although it is a minor chance of occurring. They said up to 10 MPs may cross the floor. So we will see what happens hey!

You basically just re-worded what I said. Labor don't have a MAJORITY in the Senate at the moment. If they did, the ETS and the alcopops tax etc would have passed first go. Coalition + other minor parties + independents > Labor in the Senate. Following another election Labor > all in the Senate. Double-house majority - no opposition to legislation (unless Labor senators cross the floor - which they never do). Which is what you said (and I said before) - "They will lose even more seats at the next election giving Labor, possibly a larger majority in the upper house, where it wont matter if the independents side with the liberals or not, Labor may have more numbers. "

kinda like that episode of south park where everyone drives a prius and feels like they're making a difference? But are just being douches

God that episode sums this all up so well.

Oh so true! lol

Just out of interest, is anyone watching what Fox News are spinning lately after this whole "Climate-gate" issue broke?

My "people to kill" list would start like this;

1) Sean Hannity

2) Bill O'Reilly

3) Glenn Beck

4) Madonna

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc (The list is pretty long :D )

hehe there was a posted on courier mail sprouting about fox news this fox news that, bout an hour later a comment had been posted along the lines of "according to fox news we should see water falling off the side of the earth"

Ok howard didn't screw up that much, Children overboard, AWB, Weapons of mass destruction all lies. What pulled australia out of a recession was the mining boom, infact howard did jack all and just a question for you all, am i going to have to explain AGAIN how the way of money, the economy and politics works in this country?

Children overboard was a hoax.

AWB Cole inquiry? What happened with that again? :rolleyes:

As for WMDs. The US were the ones that lead the campaign, Howard just supported them (crawling up their ass you may call it). You telling me Krudd isn't doing the same thing over in the US right now?

Children overboard was a hoax.

AWB inquiry? What happened with that again? :rolleyes:

As for WMDs. The US were the ones that lead the campaign, Howard just supported them (crawling up their ass you may call it). You telling me Krudd isn't doing the same thing over in the US right now?

Not saying it wasn't a hoax what i am saying is that he lied about it, AWB you can't tell me someone in the liberal party didn't know about it while it may not reflect all back on howard but it shows he couldn't keep his on house in order. As for WMD's he lied you can't tell me with a straight face the 3 of them (bush blair and howard) all didn't know there were none there. as for Rudd i have no doubt he is over there crawling up obamas ass its all australia seems to be able to do to the yanks and it honestly disgusts me considering how we have been treated by yanks in the past.

Wait a minute, pollies lie?! Where was I when this was discovered?

And it's pretty speculative saying someone must have known about it. Since when does a PM (or anyone in higher levels of management) know about what goes on at low levels? Sometimes you just trust in the wrong people. That being said, you vote for the party not the leader.

Can't we just nuke a hugely populated country that no one likes and continue smoking shit up?

+1

And it's pretty speculative saying someone must have known about it. Since when does a PM (or anyone in higher levels of management) know about what goes on at low levels? Sometimes you just trust in the wrong people. That being said, you vote for the party not the leader.

wait....your argument is that the information relating to WMDs was only available to low ranking staff and that howard took them at their word??

No he was talking about AWB there.

Kinda sad that we don't remember anything about previous politicians policies, successes, failures, just what the big media scandals were.

^^ Exactly.

wait....your argument is that the information relating to WMDs was only available to low ranking staff and that howard took them at their word??

No he was talking about AWB there.

^^^ What he said. Everyone in Australia knew about the thousands of soldiers being sent to Iraq :lol:

And just to add, saying the only reason the economy was so good when Howard was in power was because of the mining boom may seem legitimate, but I doubt there would have been a boom if the economy wasn't being managed properly to begin with. He had plenty of years before the mining boom where they had to fix the previous Labor governments mess.

Anyway, this is getting off topic. ETS, continue...

read what i wrote......i said i didn't do that wink.gif

u said u didnt vote, you implied that there was a lesser evil however.

and you spelt believe wrong......what's your point?

lol, you know you've got a strong argument when you pick on spelling.

geee thats not like nisskid at all, he normally always has a reason for being a jerk off :whistle:

u came into an old thread, bumped it up, just to reaffirm that u have an e-grudge for me. congrats, you win at being a retard.