Sign in to follow this  
i want a silvia

Youse

lol youse is a turn off??

It f**king gets to me when chicks say ''mate''.

'' hey mate how are ya. oh thats good mate....cya later mate''

doesn't sound right.

+3 on the NO to chicks saying 'mate' :sick:, that's just not cricket

I must say that English is quite wierd in that there is no pronoun to directly address a group of people. There are pronouns to "indirectly" address a group of people, such as "they, them" - we have "everybody" or "everyone" but that isn't necessarily talking about the group you are talking to (eg: "don't worry, everybody makes these mistakes..." unless we put the word "here" after it, and even then it's context sensitive) but we only have "you" - a single 3 letter word - that technically only refers to the person you are talking to, even when you want to be talking to more than one person at the same time. *scratches head* hhmmmm...

In other languages there is an equivalent of "you, all of you" - but in English we must use a combination of words to do the same job of this missing single word pronoun. We may say "you all" or "all of you" or some 2 or 3+ word combination to use in place of this missing pronoun... but I guess many people end up using the word "yous" or the popular southern united states slang "y'all" which would obviously be a contraction of "you all". but "yous" is extremely painful to hear... as there is no possibility of a contracted 2-word slur (eg you all = y'all). yous is trying to pluralise the word "you" and it makes the person sound, well, uneducated.

but aah well......... that's life. perhaps in 100 years it'll be entered into the dictionary as a part of the english vocabulary.

whence at such time, ye olde ways of speaking shant be used anymore... or however the older version(s) of english used to sound like.

How about "You people"?

e.g. "...make me sick".

doesn't sound right.

What about, "I would like to mate with you."?

doesn't sound right.

What about, "I would like to mate with you."?

That implies they want to have a child with you, which means they want some sort of commitment or want to use you to get a fortnightly paycheck for the next 18 years if you split.

That's where the falcon punch comes in.

gold reply is gold :lol:

My girlfriend's sister calls her husband, and sibling's "*milkshakes*" when she gets pissed off. It pretty much makes me want to punch her in the boob; But I dont as per it probably wouldn't be my place to do so. Anyway on topic, I gave up trying to correct grammatical errors some time ago, and simply choose to ignore it now. By the looks of things some other people here need to do the same thing...

this forum is a pretty good benchmark for how not to post on the internet.

boostcruising is a pretty good benchmark for how not to post on the internet.

:)

I don't see why grammatical skills are so lacking in kids these days. Im currently in Year 12 and I don't study english. I would consider myself not too bad with my grammar.

There is many things that shit me with grammar these days, but my pet hate would have to be the rising incidence of people verbalizing abbreviations and acronyms.

EG. LOL, Soz, Lmao.

English was compulsory in year 12 when I was at school and still should be

my pet hate would have to be the rising incidence of people verbalizing verbalising abbreviations and acronyms.

and mine is american spelling tongue.gif

Someone use word to correct did we?

ive been on a crusade against bad english forever; glad to see im not the only one. (before anyone has a cry that my sentances arnt structured with perfect punctuation, theres a difference between choosing not to and not knowing).

i cant stand people who confuse 'to' and 'too'. and as previously said, people who say 'me' instead of 'my'. thats a dead set way to looking like a bogan. ie, 'wheres me cigs barry, im going on me smoko'.

oh and people who criticise people for not spelling a non existant word correctly lol. ie, 'its not youse, its uz'. bloddy drop kicks.

and whats with people making words longer. isnt the whole point of bad grammar and spelling is that ur too lazy to add the extra apostrophes and shit. whats with writinggggg likkkkkkeeeee thiiiisss uuuuu dddddddddouche!!!!11!! (coz not correcting ur 1's makes u cool).

I'm also working on "Somethink". Arrrrrrh!

That's the one thing I don't notice about my speech (somethink) and it drives me nuts.

I've noticed almost everyone pronounces it like that. Same with "nothingk." No idea why. So annoying :lol:

And... brake not break.

I still think its tyres, instead of tires... anyone know what is right??

break i.e. break your arm

brake i.e. on a car

tyre i.e. on a car

tire i.e. to get sleepy or fatigued (except in america where cars have tires rolleyes.gif )

oh and people who criticise people for not spelling a non existant word correctly lol. ie, 'its not youse, its uz'. bloddy drop kicks.

it's "youse" as per the macquarie english dictionary thumbsup.gif

oh and it's "schedule" with a soft ch (like in "chassis" or "schiesse") not "skedule"