Sign in to follow this  
Flying180

Formula 1 Discussion Topic

Oh well Vettel did it again, Webber 4.

Webber had a pretty good run though

And wow @ the renault getting air time!! Petrov was it?

Silly move by Petrov...... and Alonso

Vettel is killing the field :( Was a great result for Webber given how bad his start was. There was a great comment during the commentary too about the amount of overtaking moves Kobayashi made, love watching that guy drive.

Yeah petrov made a big mistake with that one especially with one lap to go. Good to see lotus teams getting amongst it. Felt sorry for barrichello so unlucky. But webber defiantly could have won that if he drove the first 20 laps the way he drove the last 30

who the f**k would know there was a supercross bike ramp sitting on the outfield there waiting for ya? dunno why he was meant to back off.

Silly move by Petrov...... and Alonso

Vettel is killing the field :( Was a great result for Webber given how bad his start was. There was a great comment during the commentary too about the amount of overtaking moves Kobayashi made, love watching that guy drive.

Yeah man, its amazing to watch him when he's on it.. remember at suzuka last year he was passing like everyone on the field going into the hairpin by braking EXTREMELY late and letting the rear slide a bit.. also he put an awesome move around the outside on schuey, not many people can pull that off.. love him.. :thumbsup:

who the f**k would know there was a supercross bike ramp sitting on the outfield there waiting for ya? dunno why he was meant to back off.

yep, i agree with nisskid.. petrov probably should have been slightly more careful re-entering the track, but he did well to run wide and not spin once he was out on the dirt, i reckon props to him for staying on the gas and trying to make it a quick corner..

it was definately the most exciting part of the race, it was funny how what we saw first was him in the brake marker, then it showed the onboard.. my mates and i were all calling for another angle, then it showed the front on shot and he got a HUGE cheer from us when it showed him take off..

truly amazing.. :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire:

was a pretty good race overall, it kind of annoys me that redbull seem to be a bit sketchy with their technology right now, no kers at all last race, then this time it gave out immediately on webbers car and at about half race with vettels car..

only 1 week break to china boys!!! i love the short gaps between races.. :shades: :shades:

Kobayashi can even overtake AFTER the race has finished.

Hamilton and Alonso penalised 20 seconds each so he finished 6th.

Quite deserved.

according to commentary drivers should be aware of drainage around off track. If that was webber he would done a few back flips! Lol

why didn't/couldn't webber use his wing on the straight in the last couple of laps?

according to commentary drivers should be aware of drainage around off track. If that was webber he would done a few back flips! Lol

lol they expect a race driver to be thinking about that in race mode at 200clicks with hamilton behind him?

why didn't/couldn't webber use his wing on the straight in the last couple of laps?

i would also like to know this... seems the DRS had trouble and he stuffed up somewhere not to overtake when the car in front (blank moment) went wide.

lol they expect a race driver to be thinking about that in race mode at 200clicks with hamilton behind him?

To put it bluntly, yes they do.

Well he made an error in judgement as the run off is there for a reason. He tried keeping his speed and cut through the grass which is a bit of a no no.

:lol:

You can pretty much guarantee that section will be changed before next year.

well, it will get changed, so clearly they dont anymore.

It may not get changed, Malaysia is in doubt for the future and if they have to make major changes at Sepang they may not bother.

Also, given that Bernie doesn't care a great deal for Malaysia or Australia due to the amount of television viewers F1 loses, I'd hazzard a guess that unless he confirms F1 will continue at Sepang in the future they may not want to make changes to the track.

it'd be a great shame if they lost malaysia, it's an awesome track

it'd be a great shame if they lost malaysia, it's an awesome track

Agreed.

Remember that F1 goes where the money is...

It may not get changed, Malaysia is in doubt for the future and if they have to make major changes at Sepang they may not bother.

Also, given that Bernie doesn't care a great deal for Malaysia or Australia due to the amount of television viewers F1 loses, I'd hazzard a guess that unless he confirms F1 will continue at Sepang in the future they may not want to make changes to the track.

Malaysia is contracted to run until 2015. No way are they going to pull the pin 4 years early.

They will most certainly level that section before the 2012 race - flying Russians have made sure of that. :lol:

Webber had a pretty good run though

And wow @ the renault getting air time!! Petrov was it?

yeah, it was amazing!

***SNIP***

seriously don't know why Petrov is in a team which has as much potential as the Lotus Renault team... If I were them I'd be begging for Raikkonen to make a comeback... seriously that car has some very serious potential and they are wasting it by letting a driver as s**t as Petrov driving...

they better be investing in stem cell research or watching the 6 Million dollar man and thinking of how to fix Kubica otherwise this year is going to be a f**king waste... that car would be in championship contention if Kubica was driving...

both the bulls were around 80 hp down on power witout KERS and they still maaged to do some running and carve up the field???? WTF has that RB7 got in the fuel? depleted plutonium?

if i were the competition i would be doing alot of soul searching. in theory both cars were at a distinct disadvatange. well done bull boys, bring on china.

Vettel's car wasn't broken, he did get told not to use KERS by his race engineer just over halfway into the race but he ignored that order about a lap later.

China in 2 days, hopefully RBR can sort their shit out on Webber's car this time around <_>

i hate the shanghai circuit. its got all those shit constant radius corners that just back up the field and play follow the leader.

First Practice session:

1. Vettel

2. Webber

in a class on there own

Apparently Mark Webber whipped out another F-Bomb during interviewing this weekend. :lol:

Vettel scored the fastest lap of the day allready

Practice 2

To save any confusion..... I think Zenki Monkey mean Hamilton is .166 off Vettel - who as Herb correctly pointed out set the fastest time. I can see why Webber dropped the F-bomb given his time.

1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 37.688s

2. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 37.854s

3. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 37.935s

4. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 37.943s

5. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 38.105s

6. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 38.507s

7. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 38.735s

8. Nick Heidfeld Germany Renault-Renault 1m 38.805s

9. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 38.859s

10. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 39.327s

11. Kamui Kobayashi Japan Sauber-Ferrari 1m 39.538s

12. Pastor Maldonado Venezuela Williams-Cosworth 1m 39.667s