Sign in to follow this  
Flying180

Formula 1 Discussion Topic

Nice to see lotus f1 getting out there button and Hamilton are gonna kill it this year but with schumacher back in the tables could turn, and yeah hopefully webber has a cracker of a year read an awesome report in Ralph yesterday

HRT have launched their 2010 car. They also signed Karun Chandhok as their second driver (alongside Bruno Senna). Here's a look at their livery (love all the sponsors laugh.gif ):

56798_2.jpg

So the final entry list for 2010 is:

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

1 Jenson Button (GB)

2 Lewis Hamilton (GB)

Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team

3 Michael Schumacher (D)

4 Nico Rosberg (D)

Red Bull Racing

5 Sebastian Vettel (D)

6 Mark Webber (AUS)

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

7 Felipe Massa (BR)

8 Fernando Alonso (E)

AT&T Williams

9 Rubens Barrichello (BR)

10 Nico Hulkenberg (D)

Renault F1 Team

11 Robert Kubica (PL)

12 Vitaly Petrov (RUS)

Force India F1 Team

14 Adrian Sutil (D)

15 Vitantonio Liuzzi (I)

Scuderia Toro Rosso

16 Sebastien Buemi (CH)

17 Jaime Alguersuari (E)

Lotus Racing

18 Jarno Trulli (I)

19 Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)

HRT F1 Team

20 Karun Chandhook (I)

21 Bruno Senna (BR)

BMW Sauber F1 Team

22 Pedro de la Rosa (E)

23 Kamui Kobayashi (J)

Virgin Racing

24 Timo Glock (D)

25 Lucas di Grassi (BR)

56798_2.jpg

looks tough lets hope it actually goes better then it looks for Bruno Senna's sake... :S

doesn't look like it will but... could be this years Brawn GP story however...

I consider myself to be a huge f1 fan and i havn't missed a race for about 10 years now but unfortunately for me ive lost my favorite driver:( Was really hoping kimi would slot in at mclaren but they couldn't come to an agreement..

A few of my opinion's on the new season:

As much as everyone is talking up equality amongst drivers in terms of pace, i really dont think its the case. I hate hamilton but he is going to crush button IMO. There is a reason Button signed a 7m a yr contract (tiny for a world champ), and thats cos his title was complete luck. Hes not a world champ in the true sense of the title.

Rosberg Vs Schumi could go a few ways i think.. Schumi is still going to be quick but i think Rosberg has developed into a pretty impressive driver. Rosberg (along with vettel) are my 2 fav's now, so i hope he shows schumi whats what!

Alonso v Massa is no contest in my books.. As much as i HATE alonso, he is miles ahead of massa in every department. The one of few who has similar raw pace to Kimi (kimi dominated massa when he had a car underneath him).

Webber v Vettel: I think Vettel has shown how much quicker he is than webber. Webber is solid and unspectacular, 1 or 2 race wins max, will not challenge for the title and will most likely be leaving at the end of the season.

So i really think Alonso is the fav atm, judging by recent ferrari testing speed! Both Mercedes' boys should be competetive depending on the car produced. I definately dont think a race winner will come outside these 8.

P.S Kimi for RBR in 2011 is the hot gossip atm since hes racing for them in rally this yr, hes basically a contracted driver!

haven't been to the F1 yet lol. Planning on going this year. I can either go on sat or sun, one or the other. Is sat worth going?

Interesting results from last night, was really hoping Vettel would seal the deal but no go :( good race with a lot of actual racing happening instead, great result for Schumi for a first race getting back into it

It appears reliability will be a big factor this year. As well as how the cars handle losing ~180kg over the course of the race.

Good race though! I'm looking forward to maybe third or fourth race when everything starts to settle down and the drivers/teams have more of an idea of what the cars can do :D

bring back refuelling!

totally agree with you dude...

that had to be one of the most boring F1 races i've ever seen... the cars seem so slow now...

good to see Alonso is back into some serious form however...

yep im a massive f1 fan, but it was boring as f**k

Two compulsory pit stops would make it more interesting. That's one of the things they were considering before the season started. Bernie also wants shortcuts added in the track that racers can only use a certain amount of times during the race which sounds more like mario kart than f1 to me.

Two compulsory pit stops would make it more interesting. That's one of the things they were considering before the season started. Bernie also wants shortcuts added in the track that racers can only use a certain amount of times during the race which sounds more like mario kart than f1 to me.

shortcuts?! wtf that's just ridiculous! bring back fuel stops, bring back wider front tyres.

to Maclaren, f**k the gentlemans agreement and put the KERS back into your car...

shortcuts?! wtf that's just ridiculous! bring back fuel stops, bring back wider front tyres.

to Maclaren, f**k the gentlemans agreement and put the KERS back into your car...

That does sound completely ridiculous yes :S What a joke.

Also, gentlemens agreement or not, none of the cars could stand to run KERS this year. It's just too heavy combined with the extra fuel loading.

I watched the race last night (downloaded)

It really was tram racing at it's finest. :(

Race position shouldn't be determined by mechanical failure.

F1 is a test of the fastest drivers, it's not an endurance race.

bring back refuelling!

totally agree with you dude...

that had to be one of the most boring F1 races i've ever seen... the cars seem so slow now...

good to see Alonso is back into some serious form however...

If you're going to have that avatar, your posts better be perfect.

As much as i thought that first race was boring im gonna hold out a bit on making judgments on the new changes for 1 reason. The Bahrain track has never produced a good race and thats testament to how crap the track is. Amazing to me is how bad some of these new tracks are!! Valencia is horrible as well. If only they went to spa 18 times a year:) oh.. and Kimi was back in f1!!

Webber FTW ! Go RBR and our little aussie battler!

This race better be as good as it feels like it's going to be..

It looks like so many have a chance..

Add to that, the fact that they'll be encountering back markers in about 15-20 laps, this could be exciting..

Bloody hell Webber, you were unlucky for a bit, but then you just had to f**k it up. Disappointed once again. sad.gif

Congrats to Button, he seemed to have it all handed to him (just like his championship). 03.gif

yer im sure the risky decision to come in early n go on the dry tyre had nothing to do with it ..

yer im sure the risky decision to come in early n go on the dry tyre had nothing to do with it ..

Yeah, that was a great decision, and just about everyone else around him just kept stuffing up or having issues.

that shunt by Hamilton on Webber didn't do Webber much justice.... :(

f**k you Lewis Hamilton, do something your actually good at... like ripping burnouts in front of the cops... :lol:

Vettel got stiffed the most but... good on Kubica as well... fair effort from him...

overall but it was actually a really really good race, probably quite the opposite when comparing it to Bahrain...

that shunt by Hamilton on Webber didn't do Webber much justice.... :(

f**k you Lewis Hamilton, do something your actually good at... like ripping burnouts in front of the cops... :lol:

Vettel got stiffed the most but... good on Kubica as well... fair effort from him...

overall but it was actually a really really good race, probably quite the opposite when comparing it to Bahrain...

what what what? i believe it was webber that hit hamilton, and took hamilton out of a potential podium! webber even apologised to hamilton after the race, it was a very clumsy move on webber's behalf. once again webber dissapoints under pressure. hamilton is one of the best things to have happened to F1 in recent times, such an exciting driver.

well done to Button, suck shit to Redbull.

meh i'm just trying to rib Hamilton... Vettel is the best thing F1 has ever seen...

too bad that Vettel isn't as over publicized as Hamilton is... :S

meh i'm just trying to rib Hamilton... Vettel is the best thing F1 has ever seen...

too bad that Vettel isn't as over publicized as Hamilton is... :S

best thing that F1 has ever seen? i don't think so, not that i'm not saying he's an incredible talent.

Bloody hell Webber, you were unlucky for a bit, but then you just had to f**k it up. Disappointed once again. sad.gif

He's a heart breaker alright.. >:(

Yeah, that was a great decision, and just about everyone else around him just kept stuffing up or having issues.

So what you're saying is that Button had it handed to him because he drove a reliable car, and didn't stuff up like everyone else?

Try give him a slight chance, why don't you?

He's a heart breaker alright.. >:(

So what you're saying is that Button had it handed to him because he drove a reliable car, and didn't stuff up like everyone else?

Try give him a slight chance, why don't you?

That's exactly right!

He's a bloody good smooth driver, i give him that.

I don't think he's a natural talent like Hamilton or Vettel though.

That's exactly right!

Please.. the dude can drive and F1 while throwing up in his helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0vdLNVLW4E

Look at his hands... still smooth..

is that video from the start line of the malaysian gp? :whistle:

i found it an interesting race

showed that RBR, given decent luck and consistency, can take a race and own it

was crappy about schuey tho, a flippin wheel nut?!

poor webby couldnt close it out, he'll get a few tho this year i think

and yes, vettel, given the chance to finish races, will win this year

in the end, as long as alonso and hamilton dont win, im happy

That's exactly right!

Please.. the dude can drive and F1 while throwing up in his helmet.

Look at his hands... still smooth..

So.. Webber is a good driver cos he can drive while throwing up?? Thats pretty good logic. Not only that, but those radio feeds are delayed so you dont know where on the track he was when it was aired.

Vettel is going to show how much of a complete driver he is compared to webber at almost every track imo. By seasons end i think vettel will be miles ahead.

As much as i thought this years championship would be really tight, i dont think it will be. Merc's are too slow, Ferrari's are too unreliable and not as quick, mclaren seem to never get it right and still slower then RBR. If RBR can iron out their gremlins, they will walk both championships easy