Sign in to follow this  
J's 180

Looking at buying Evo 7,8 or 9

i was after a black one ( as i like black cars n my 15 was black) but had to settle for a silver one...

got cams, bigger turbs n injectors all other shit that comes with

whole car decked out in carbon fibre inside n out

n sound system.....good buy i reckon....265kw all wheel i think...

i was after a black one ( as i like black cars n my 15 was black) but had to settle for a silver one...

got cams, bigger turbs n injectors all other shit that comes with

whole car decked out in carbon fibre inside n out

n sound system.....good buy i reckon....265kw all wheel i think...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8788617&keywords=ix&tsrc=allcarhome&__Ntk=CarAll&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__D=ix&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=129469091F70&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294964597%20901&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=true&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Cr=1&__Ntt=ix&trecs=4

It was this ^^ one wasn't it?

If so good choice man.

I envy you!

yeah man lol

bought it off jason

i mite (prob most likely) paint the car to lambo reventon color......somthn heaps darker.....as it not black

u knw the history of that car?

spoke to steve knight it seems pretty clean to me with all the top quality parts....

Very nice- congrats! Jason really took care of that car, each time it went onto the track it was serviced immediately after. Good buy.

Very nice- congrats! Jason really took care of that car, each time it went onto the track it was serviced immediately after. Good buy.

cheers man

yeh i cant wait til go to the track thrash it arnd a bit lol

lol r u after a red one?? done fair bit of km tho.....anything over 50thou km is heaps to me cos its a new car...

lol r u after a red one?? done fair bit of km tho.....anything over 50thou km is heaps to me cos its a new car...

I'd rather buy a car with higher k's that has been maintained than getting one with very limited service history and low kms... but then thats just me.

I know what that guy is like when it comes to servicing of his cars and so on, he had a silver 05sti with 110,000kms on the clock and not even one mark... Still the best 05sti I've seen in adelaide no doubt.

Edited by sunnysingh

Good buy dude. 265kw at the wheels, 27,000km. Lovely. You dont need to do anything to it - just enjoy.

what sort of turbo is it running btw?

3076 i think...im thinkin of running bigger compressor housing for more power

n change few things to my likings lol

I'm looking for a VIII atm. I'd love an MR but they still go for about 30k and my budget is 25k. What should I be looking for and what questions should I ask? On all forums people say they are bulletproof but I'm sure there are a few small things I should look for.

Is it better to get one just above 100,000k's with timing belt and clutch done or one with around 60-80k on clock and no major service done.

timing belt is pricey just like any car, i'm about to do mine and i reckon it's gonna be at least $1200., that's Timing belt, alternator belt and new water pump (might as well do it all while it's apart) plus labour. It may come to more but i reckon that's a safe estimate. Mine's at 75,000km

but it's up to you if you consider KM to be a problem or not. Pretty bullet proof cars, as long as everything's been maintained you're fine. You'll pay less for a high km model.

Things to look out for

- faded brembos - means it's spent some time on a race track. Not a big deal if the owner has maintained it properly, but if a guy says his never raced it - and the brembos are faded to f**k - you know he's lying.

- AYC pump / diff - do a few slalom turns and make sure you dont hear any weird whining / moaning from the back end. They aren't cheap to replace, but they aren't really that common a fault. People tend to kill the AYC diffs on race tracks or launching the car.

- If it's 8MR or 9, make sure 5th and 6th engage properly. The taller gears in the 6 speed are a bit more fragile than the 5 speed.

- fluid changes. make sure the diff fluids have all been changed at the proper intervals.

- clunking noise in front suspension at low speed - NFI. So many of them do it, it's just become accepted haha. I think it's something under the car knocking something else. Could also be loosish strut top nuts, worn suspension components, or bung shocks. If everything checks out and it still makes a clunk, it's probably just the notorious evo front end clunking noise.

that's probably about it, i've had my 9 a few years and have had 0 issues with it.

Edited by headlock