Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

Cruise to Wakefield

OzDrift GP is on over the 6th & 7th of March, a couple of ACT boys might be entering, so I'll be going on Sunday to support them, others should too.

Loose plan is to meet at Shell servo by EPIC and cruise up together from there. We can either cruise up early with the boys that are entering or go a little later on.

Yeh, I'll head up.

Is Anthony entering?

Dunno man, haven't spoken to him about it yet.

hey im keen to go and the shell isnt there anymore closed down. What time would the later time be???

Is the servo all fenced off or can we still access it? If we can't meet there, any suggestions for a convenient place?

Later time depends on the timings of the event. Once a program is released I'll look into it a bit more. From what I can tell there will be an early practice session & other categories racing (it's a combined event). The thread about it in the drift section mentions that the final battle will be the premier event of the day at the end, so we could be in for a long day.

Kebabs in Goulburn afterwards.

Would love to come out and meet all the Act NS guys :) hopefully people show up and come along would be good to get us all out there .

Last time I drove past it, it was open? I will be down for it, even if i have to take the commo. AE86 might be running :P

It is actually closed as i was one who disconnnected there main switchboard last week not sure if there just refurbing the place or getting rid of it .

Yeah, it's all 100% gone now, the Shell signage isn't even up anymore.

How about meeting a bit further up the road at the United? I'd recommend getting petrol before we go though, I discovered Shell was gone when I was heading to Wakefield on Tues, I ended up having to put 95 in at the Caltex at the roundabout because I was in such a rush.

^^ Is United the servo further up on the right near the rounabout?

Another option is to meet at Supercheap in Qbn, then head out along Sutton Rd to the highway.

Caltex is the one at the roundabout, then United is the one further up again where it goes from a 100 zone to a 110 zone you go up the off ramp and cross the highway and it's on the right as you leave Canberra.

I would've suggested the Caltex but the United has a reasonable car park just across from it.

Hmm massive drive but I could be keen, depends on work really.

Massive drive? Where would you be driving from?

# Car Model:Purgeot 505gti

Anything more then petrol station to garage is a massive drive for a french car fyi

# Car Model:Purgeot 505gti

Anything more then petrol station to garage is a massive drive for a french car fyi

Haha yeah I did see that, didn't think the Pugs were that bad on chewing fuel. It's a 1hr dirve each way, even the ceffy can make that and that thing has SHIT fuel economy - RB25's running more than stock boost without a remap are terrible as it is, add a 4.3 diff into the mix and you get the idea.

Timings for the event:

SUNDAY 7 March

Time Description Category Duration

700 Gates Open

845 Race 1 Commodore Cup 15 laps

915 Race 1 Kerrick Sports Sedans 16 laps

945 Race 2 Formula 3 Aust Drivers Champ 16 laps

1015 Top 32 OzDrift GP 50 mins

1115 Race 2 Future Racers 12 laps

1145 Top 16 OzDrift GP 25 mins

1220 Race 2 Kerrick Sports Sedans 16 laps

1250 Race 2 Commodore Cup (Reverse Top 10) 15 laps

1320 Top 8 OzDrift GP 15 mins

1345 Race 3 Future Racers 12 laps

1410 Race 3 Formula 3 Aust Drivers Champ 25 laps

1450 Top 4 OzDrift GP 10 mins

1505 Race 3 Kerrick Sports Sedans 16 laps

PODIUM: Formula 3

1535 Race 3 Commodore Cup 15 laps

PODIUM: Sports Sedans

1605 Race 4 Future Racers 8 laps

PODIUM: Commodore Cup

1625 Battle for 3rd OzDrift GP 5 mins

1635 Final OzDrift GP 10 mins

PODIUM: Future Racers Cup & OzDrift GP

I'd like to get there for the first practice session, so leaving at 9am from the meet spot would be about the right time.

If your willing to take me haha ill come deffers :) would be awesome to go out and watch !

^ get somebody out your way to pick you up.

^ get somebody out your way to pick you up.

+1 ye u lazy shit

Which side of Canberra are you guys on?

I should have a spare seat but I might be leaving earlier because Pembrey said he plans to enter the event.

Myself, StockS13, K.O.S., Chosen1, Anadrolic are south side. Not sure about others. I've extended the invite on SAU as an ACT import cruise so hopefully a few SAU folk show up too.

Which side of Canberra are you guys on?

I should have a spare seat but I might be leaving earlier because Pembrey said he plans to enter the event.

i live on northside and dont have a car yet sadly like 6 more months

Pretty sure we can organise for someone to give you a lift out there.

There are a few of us that go to these events and were pretty spread over Canberra. I even heard of another Drift team in Canberra called "Slider Boys". Not sure if they are passing through but they say they had QLD plates.

My Silvia is off the road as well (and not in my name yet).

hey yeah if we all meet at the round about servo the shit place only has 95 no 98 octane so maybe dickson shell would b better and there is alot of parks right next to it and good fuel thumb.gif i just live in watson but ill have to left you no about space in my car jcook if its not packed you can jump in for shore

hey yeah if we all meet at the round about servo the shit place only has 95 no 98 octane so maybe dickson shell would b better and there is alot of parks right next to it and good fuel thumb.gif i just live in watson but ill have to left you no about space in my car jcook if its not packed you can jump in for shore

Just send me a in game mail or something mate , thanks

How do people feel about 8:30am Jim Murphy's carpark at Brand Depot? It's a big area and it's then straight along Majura Rd & onto the Federal Highway.

How do people feel about 8:30am Jim Murphy's carpark at Brand Depot? It's a big area and it's then straight along Majura Rd & onto the Federal Highway.

like 5 mins from my house haha down horsepark come get me ;)

Ill come, just depends if i get the time. I might be working i dont know.