Sign in to follow this  
namsdrawkcaB

General chit chat thread!

Im sure once the hyo breaks down in the middle of nowhere, you'll get over it pretty quick

In other news,

Shopping around for a big bore kit for the TL1000R. Reckon punching the capacity out from 996cc to 1188cc will tear my arms off under throttle?

About $3K for the kit, including headwork, forged massively oversized pistons, Carillo H-beam rods, etc. TLR has done some 50,000kms now, so I want to finally open the engine for more rwhp. 150rwhp is achievable with this kit. Won't be bad for a 12 year old bike. ;)

what happened to the turbo idea :(

Doooooo itttt !!!!! lol

shouldn't you be telling him to fill in 400cc :P

Who is rocking what tread at the moment? Gaz, what do you have, we seem to have very similar riding styles...

Im moving to Maleny next week, one of my favorite mountians to ride! Cant freaking wait!

In other news I broke 2 screw tabs off the faring on my bike. $100 later, its all fixed :(.

100 bucks! That sucks! I broke a faring clip 2 weeks ago changing oil, the clip still works, just the tabs broke off, I

was scared to see how much Honda wanted for a couple hahaha. Atm Ive got a Pilot Pure on the front, and a pilot power SINGLE

compound on the rear. If i wasn't riding to work as much as I am atm, I would get something stickier, like a Bt016 or

something. Ive been riding to work then hitting the tight stuff after work, and these tyres have a good amount of grip,

ya have to get on it pretty early to get the rear to spin up/get squirmy. I reckon you would like Bt016's...

your a good/confident rider :D I'll be getting a Bt016 on the rear next too.

Edit - I Just looked up Maleny on Google Earth....Jealous!!!!

the 016 is a triple compound yeah? so wouldn't that be suitable for a bit of commuting on as well?

5 layer I think... Sticky, stickier, pretty sticky, super sticky and f**kin park ya bike up sidedown sticky hahahha. nah,

the middle is obviously the hardest, so some commuting is alright, but you still want to do a lot more tight stuff than commuting on them, (like Nams)

These aren't the softest tyre around.. we just like em...if there to soft, they stick good but dont last long.

P.s Im no tyre expert either hahaha. Nams just asked what tyres Ive got on atm (and will be getting next) :D

Cheers.

P.P.s Did I mention Ive got an RDO today and Ive already been out for a run also ? :D:Angel:

what happened to the turbo idea :(

Still considering the turbo idea, but the TLR needs some loving and the big bore kit will come first. Turbo later. How much later I don't know. But I would like to plan the turbo conversion at the same time as the big bore kit. See how the budget goes tho.

At the end of the day, seeing as the TLR is a v-twin the exhaust pulses are barely enough to spin a turbo to good use. A bigger capacity engine and headers designed to make good use of the exhaust gas flow/pulse would easily spool up a correct size turbo.

So it'll be: big bore kit on TLR, maybe ride it for a bit to see what diff the big bore kit alone does, match turbo to suit, fabricate header pipes to spool up turbo, tune and see the extra added benefits. :D

Now its just a matter of money :P

5 layer I think... Sticky, stickier, pretty sticky, super sticky and f**kin park ya bike up sidedown sticky hahahha. nah,

the middle is obviously the hardest, so some commuting is alright, but you still want to do a lot more tight stuff than commuting on them, (like Nams)

These aren't the softest tyre around.. we just like em...if there to soft, they stick good but dont last long.

P.s Im no tyre expert either hahaha. Nams just asked what tyres Ive got on atm (and will be getting next) :D

Cheers.

P.P.s Did I mention Ive got an RDO today and Ive already been out for a run also ? :D:Angel:

yep fair enough. i have a mate with a cbr1000 who uses the 016. he went through his 015's in 2000km, and 500 of those were running the bike in. he says the 016 is a great tyre, very grippy, and are longer lasting than the 015's. his bike is pretty much hills only and he rides damn hard, his only complaint about the 016 is that when they overheat, they lose their grip without much warning.

i reckon i'll be getting a set of 016's after my 015's.

bt016showingcompounds-01.jpg

yep fair enough. i have a mate with a cbr1000 who uses the 016. he went through his 015's in 2000km, and 500 of those were running the bike in. he says the 016 is a great tyre, very grippy, and are longer lasting than the 015's. his bike is pretty much hills only and he rides damn hard, his only complaint about the 016 is that when they overheat, they lose their grip without much warning.

Sounds like the Pilot Powers! Great street tyre, but two of my crashes on track were because the PP lost grip without warning. They're very much an on or off tyre. Nothing in between. I loved the Super Corsas as they were very forgiving when they lost grip ... you could almost "drift" out of a turn. I'm now using the Dunlop Qualifiers and I like them so far, but I haven't pushed them hard yet.

The 016 has more feel to it than the Pilot powers.. for sure! like ya say, the PP just let go, where as the 016's give ya more warning.

There a way better tyre than the Pilot power

Cheers.

Your confusing me a bit...

ahh cheers for that. at the moment i've got bt0015, which came stock on the bike, but as i've only just got the bike and haven't been riding for long, i'll get no where near pushing them to their limits. i also ride the bike everyday to and from uni, so it's a commuter monday to friday, only on some weekends can i head into the hills. do you think the pilot road 2's would be suitable for me?

After saying you hardly ride in the hills why would you want a BT016? There a High performance street tyre/entry level track tyre....

it will go square and be waaay to soft for what you need. It will only last 5k.

well after speaking to my mate, he tells me that 016 will be more then fine for commuting on. and now days i'm finding im heading into the hills more and more. in the last week i've been up twice, which equates to me travelling the same amount of km's in the hills as i did commuting in the past week. can't help it, i've been bitten by the hills bug!

also, after getting used to the grip of the 015, i wouldn't be too comfortable going onto an inferior tyre

Failed my Ps on the weekend :( and the zippers tore off my Dririder boots so theyre in for warranty fixup :(

SHIT WEEKEND!!! :rant:

what did you stuff up? The Vic one was pretty easy considering i had only done the minimum Ls time... turn left, turn right and stop and PASS...

Nah the cone weave. I kicked over two cones and put my foot down.

Realised id been practicing with short cones my foot goes over instead of knocking over so when I did the real thing with proper witches hats I kicked them :(

Vic Ps test sounds like a piece of piss.

The 016 has more feel to it than the Pilot powers.. for sure! like ya say, the PP just let go, where as the 016's give ya more warning.

There a way better tyre than the Pilot power

I can tell you from personal experience ... twice ... that the PP do "just let go". They lose grip and you're on the ground rashing it ... no saving it.

The 016 sound like what the Pirelli SC1s were like. Might have to give them a go and compare them to the Qualifiers.

Leaning towards selling the RS250 race bike; fitting the big bore kit to the TLR; and racing the TLR in Brackets or whatever other category is qualifies for.

I think for the track you would prob want something better again...I haven't ridden lala yet,(just slid) but from what one of my

friends thinks, he rates the 003 for track days over the 016's. He basically says the 003's are the ducks nuts! So much grip/feel!! I can't wait

to give a set a go now (need to get my lazy ass to the track), as he goes on about them a bit hahhah They should compare well to the qf's !

Shame ya have to sell such a good bike, but these things have to be done I guess :D .

what the hell is going on....bike forum has been dead for about 2 weeks....I had a bit of a run yesterday, got stuck in a bit.

Was good :D Road was so sticky.

its been raining RIDICULOUSLY hard the last 8 or so days here and up in Sydney. Todays the first day in ages the suns actually out for more than 5 mins.

Yep, I just moved into the twisties, and I get 3 solid weeks of rain.

:(

Tell me about it. I'm aching for another ride

Just got a bike three weeks ago or so, I was starting to doubt if it was a good idea, but the fact that I've not ridden straight home from work in the last two weeks is a fair indication that it was a good move. I love it !

So what bike did you get?, its always a good idea to get a bike, its very addictive

Good choice, one of the best lams bikes available, is it an ABS one?