Sign in to follow this  
namsdrawkcaB

General chit chat thread!

Nice score man!

Both my Dri-Rider jackets are black, but considering getting a coloured jacket next, just for a little bit more visibility to other road users.

My dri rider jacket is black (summer air mesh for commuting) , my r jays winter jacket is blue and back. RST leathers -

pants are black, jacket is half black, some white and some red lol

I don't mind wearing all black, as I'm happy to rely on myself to get me out of trouble instead of thinking stupid cagers aren't gonna hit me cos

my jacket is fluro pink :lol:

That's the only problem for me.. visibility - black jacket, matte black helmet black, dark blue 19oz jeans and midnight blue bike.. I do however ride around with my hi-beams on. Maybe its time for a new helmet, something with a bit of white possibly - would be keen on a new shark with the built-in sun visor.

I also have a RST Ventilator II textile jacket in black/white/grey which is mesh once the 2 liners are taken out, so it serves as a good all round jacket. I have been using it all year round for the last 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat. That will now be my rain/hot summer days jacket and I know I will get way to hot in the leather one once it gets above 30 degrees.

Edited by _mR_180_

I dont get why bikes ride around with high beams on...I too have a black bike , black gear , and blue helmet ....

because even with high beams on drivers still tend to look when they pull out of a street or intersection and not notice the motorbike coming at them. At least they can get slightly blinded in the process.

To be honest I have tilted my light down slightly anyway so its not a true highbeam, its more for the output of light really.

Exactly, stupid fukers are gonna hit you if they don't pay attention , high beam or not, but everyone has to suffer blindness in the process lol

That's the only problem for me.. visibility - black jacket, matte black helmet black, dark blue 19oz jeans and midnight blue bike.. I do however ride around with my hi-beams on. Maybe its time for a new helmet, something with a bit of white possibly - would be keen on a new shark with the built-in sun visor.

I also have a RST Ventilator II textile jacket in black/white/grey which is mesh once the 2 liners are taken out, so it serves as a good all round jacket. I have been using it all year round for the last 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat. That will now be my rain/hot summer days jacket and I know I will get way to hot in the leather one once it gets above 30 degrees.

I bought my wife a new Shark Vision-R helmet with the sun visor. Is a really nice bit of kit; I still prefer the tinted outer layer though

I would still buy the tinted visor to go with it, just in winter when I ride to work by the time I leave at 5:30-6:00 it is already dark. At least this way the shark would let me ride with the built in sunvisor during the day when I head out to job sites.

having a play

running great but still a bit of work to go

20121222_114547.jpg

Edited by bloodzkull

How are you tuning it, do you have a dyno? or just going for a ride... getting values then changing them and hoping for an improvement?

Hey guys, i know this isnt the buy and sell section, but just a heads up i have an alpine stars jacket for sale, chasing $300 if anyone is interested

perfect condition

553761_10151129367526921_1024504788_n.jpg

Might be keen man... I'll check the size of my rst jacket when I get home . Did you end up selling your bike ?

Yeah no worries mate, mobile number attached is the best point of contact.

Its pretty small but keep that in mind. Im 166cm tall and 65kg. and its a perfect fit.

Yeah i did. Was so sad to see it go. Sold it to a really good bloke but so that made it a bit better.

How are you tuning it, do you have a dyno? or just going for a ride... getting values then changing them and hoping for an improvement?

just going for a ride, recording the values and letting the auto tune make recommended changes. doing a few little changes myself to get things running better (like pulling a f**kload of fuel out of idle, was crazy rich) but it will see a dyno in the new year just to have that final little play.

I'm having some dyno work done in January; happy with he current setup but would rather be 100% convinced that I'm getting the best ride out of it. Little expensive ($600) for 3 custom maps but every source I can find says these guys are the best when it comes to 1050 triple tuning.

I put fresh oil in and a new filter on my bike last night :D broke one more fairing clip, as I do every time I change my oil :lol:

Have to grab some more clips off ebay me thinks

Back to work today, staring out the window at blue skies and imagining a ride through the southern highlands...

Suuuuuuper excited to see the new KTM 1290 Super Duke R when it launches this year - may even consider trading in the speed!

^Indeed! Think Ducati Streetfighter with more power, lighter and no douche factor :lol:

Yeah, IMO the Streetfighter still looks tougher though.. Less boy racer. Will be interesting to see the Duke production model when they release images though..

Booking in for a full suspension setup: new rear spring, racetech valves etc. It shall be the tits

Booking in for a full suspension setup: new rear spring, racetech valves etc. It shall be the tits

how much have you been quoted?

just one thing, make sure they test the spring, they can be up to 10% out from factory, so when on a bike that can make a massive difference.

$1300; the owner Terry Hays) is considered a bit of a guru & comes highly recommended.

They are a full racetech garage so I suspect they have all the required bits and pieces available for testing.

test rode the Panigale 1199 S today at Ducati World.. not much to say but holy crap, what a phenomenal bike!

I'll have to take a pic the next time we ride but the group I head out with most weekends is as follows:

1199 Panigale S Tricolore

1098 Streetfighter S

V4R Tuono

R1

CBR1000RR

Speed Triple (me)

The Panigale is only new so he hasn't really opened it up yet but my lord they are a beautiful bike! My clunky Triumph looks like a sledgehammer next to these guys :lol:

test rode the Panigale 1199 S today at Ducati World.. not much to say but holy crap, what a phenomenal bike!

Have you bought it yet?