Sign in to follow this  
speedjunkie

basic sr20det timing chain, timing marks diagram

This is a small post for changing or removing and reinstalling a timing chain with no timing marks. I recently decided to upgrade my head gasket and head studs and found a non genuine nissan chain with NO TIMING MARKS which has turned into a huge pain in the arse as i wanted to reuse the chain and i could not find this little peice of information any where. I hope this helps any one in the same situation, luckily one of my mates just so happened to have a brand new chain laying around his house.

THIS DIAGRAM WAS MADE USING A GENUINE NISSAN CHAIN MAKE SURE YOUR CHAIN HAS THE SAME NUMBER OF LINKS IF USING THIS GUIDE!

sr20det timing chain.jpg

download thge s13 factory service manual and follow the steps it is very easy to do it will also tell you how to set the cas,

cheers tom if not i can tell you

i will just add. don't skimp out and get an aftermarket chain with a link. my chain was put on correct way and the link came off 1.5 years later puttering down the street @ 2000rpm. genuine nissan chain has no links. dont make the same mistake i did, buy genuine nissan

Sign in to follow this