Sign in to follow this  
pink180

Pinky's S14a

I bought this sucker from Colwell, was the best car i have slid:

untitled.jpg

Unfortunately got a bit excited one winton:

DSC00110.jpg

Original standard motor is still in my S14 going strong!

:P needs editing

I bought this sucker from Colwell, was the best car i have slid:

untitled.jpg

Unfortunately got a bit excited one winton:

DSC00110.jpg

Original standard motor is still in my S14 going strong!

:P needs editing

Damn, well it did have a good life

Ok so I've gotten off my ass and purchased some motors. The first has a broken rocker so I'm planning on chucking my current head on and using that as a thrasher for a while.

The other has a spun bearing, so I'll use my current crank plus the forgies I have lying around to build something a little more reliable. Once i get back from O/S I'll start getting them back together for Aus Drift GP.

Some new plants for Mum's garden :whistle:

243596_10150182373214482_742604481_6802972_554679_o.jpg

OK OK back from Bali, time for shit to get serious. I pulled down one of the other blown motors last weekend, didn't end up having a broken rocker, was another spun bearing, the block is fine which is really what i was after. I'll now be using my original crank and getting the one out of this blown motor machined as it doesn't look THAT bad and will still build a spare motor with it.

Also I'm going to use the forgies I have kicking around, need to get them down to Donny so I can get some rings for them, anybody know what brand they are? They have no markings on them at all <_>

IMG_0665.JPG

Once I have bearings and rings sorted ill get this sucker going, Also got a Permaseal MLSR head gasket for the motor too :) Hoping to have it back in the car in around two weeks.

As you can see, since the bearing has spun, the piston has been hitting the head:

IMG_0617.JPG

Busto Crank:

IMG_0618.JPG

Garage Low:

IMG_0620.JPG

Rings and bearings FINALLY ordered! Hoping to get a motor together by Sunday afternoon, ready to drop in next week :)

Been busy with the kent, got the motor built over the weekend, just another standard build with fresh rings and bearings...

Just need to hook up intake pipe an fuel lines then it should be right to go. Just need to organise a tune so I can drive it this Sunday :D

IMG_0773.JPG

Car is running :D Just dropped it down to Trent at Chequered tuning for a touchup tune before Sunday.

Havent had a chance to update this thread since the tune... The engine made a heathy 275kw running 19psi (was making 290 @ 22). Trent from Chequered Tuning did a fantastic job tuning the car as always I highly recommend him :)

Took the car out for a bust up at Winton on Sunday, it was so nice to have all that power and torque back that has been missing since the old motor was tired! The car was pretty much faultless throughout the day, blew a water pump after the first session (was kind of expecting it since this one had been sitting around forever :S ) Replaced it and was back out for the afternoon.

Had a few great battles with my mate Waz in his MX5 and also Andy in the Red Sil80. Took my girlfriend out for a few laps and made her squeal when we were chasing Waz :P

I have put my entry in for ADGP, can't wait :D

infinitefocus-2826 (1).jpg

206109_10150396061543677_572548676_10761566_2130844_n.jpg

281544_10150396036578677_572548676_10761230_5019594_n.jpg

It has been a while between updates...

Firstly, I was over looking at the shitty S14 dash inside the car so I went and purchased a S15 dash. Makes the car feel a little newer on the inside and amazingly it bolted straight up.

I took the car out to Calder the other week for ADGP. It was one of the best events I have ever driven at (including Japan)! I went with the intention to qualify, ended up qualifying 21st which I was really happy with. On the second day during practice my mighty CA box finally died :( A true testament to the box though, it lasted me over 3 years of drift, almost two of them with 290kw behind it! I drove back into the pits shaking my head saying that the day was over, my pit crew (Waz and Viski) said no way it's not over! Sean went and picked up Papa's spare box and we managed to swap the box in under an hour. Unfortunately after the box change, the clutch needed adjusting as it wasn't engaging properly. I ended up getting knocked out in the top 32. I have purchased another SR20 box with an OS Giken gearset in it, hoping to get that installed very soon!

One thing that I really noticed at the event was bump steer. After watching videos from outside the car I can now see what everyone was talking about! Whenever I was hitting the bump at Calder, the car would become really unsettled and ultimately wash off a fair bit of speed. I know that my arm angles have always been really shit so I bit the bullet and bought some Driftworks Geomaster 2 hubs. I'm hoping to get them installed over the weekend in time for Drift Attack.

The car copped a bit of love from jumping ripple strips and tagging the wall so it is no where as good looking as it once was :( I will get around to fixing that shortly.

Finally, I would like to thank ilovedrift.com.au, Motul, Wheeltech and Chequered Tuning for getting me to ADGP. Without you guys I would be still slinging beamers in the valley :P

Here is a few pics from the event :)

335842_296011427079835_223003641047281_1393638_68103304_o.jpg

293941_263549220343644_208118185886748_879089_1852822624_n.jpg

Geomasters? Better than raising it I guess :P - Did you have these in for Drift attack? You had some clean runs from what little I saw :)

Geomasters? Better than raising it I guess tongue.png - Did you have these in for Drift attack? You had some clean runs from what little I saw smile.png

He only had the fronts in.

Sounds sooooo good. Loved watching ya at drift attack man.

Geomasters? Better than raising it I guess :P - Did you have these in for Drift attack? You had some clean runs from what little I saw :)

Yeh as Neil said I only had the fronts in, they felt great though. Shame I couldnt really get used to them though because my practice was cut so short (stupid fuel line between pump and hard line had split) :( They lower the car HEAPS though, my fronts are maxed out height wise.

I'll get the rears in before December hopefully, just need to get some new coilovers at the S13 ones are going to be way too short. After that the car is getting retired for the year so I can fix the kit/dents/make it a fatty at the rear :P

Thanks for the compliment muski!

Edited by pink180

Drove Matsuri on the weekend, only got to drive Sunday as I had commitments on Saturday. Car was fun, was really good to give the driftworks knuckles a proper test at Winton. WIll post some video's later in the week!

Car is currently sitting on bricks with all my wheels whored out to my mates, it's lost in the jungle that is my parent's backyard... Bought some Origin rear widebody to cover up my mishaps, should get this sucker going again soon!

has the boxer made its home inside of it? :lol:

Mmm funny enough he sleeps under it some days...

ah well least its getting some use

Bump from the graveyard... I put the car to the side for two years as I started my own business. Almost sold it but couldn't bring myself to doing it. Whilst now that things are established, I'm trying to not dump all my cash into it any more, just enjoy it for what it is.

After a quick trip to Ebisu late last year, I was really keen to get back behind the wheel a bit more!

There have been a few updates while it's been in hibernation, they consist of the following:

- Cut rear guards and widebody on. Firstly I bought a pair of Origin type one guards but they didn't fit well at all. I was told they were genuine (but bought them second hand). I purchased a pair of Origin Type 2's and they fit well.

- Origin 3D wing. Ever since seeing one of these on the old CTS car and a few others I wanted one. One came up on Facebook so had to get it.

- Finally installed rear driftworks knuckles.

- Replaced rear coilovers as they were leaking with some junk Teins.

I have been doing a few laps here and there and one thing I have really noticed, cars do not like sitting! Everything feels old and is broken/breaking.

I did a track day the other week and killed my clutch in the first lap, replaced the clutch with a Nismo Coppermix and killed the box.

The plan for 2015 is:

- Get it painted

- z33 Box conversion (have box already)

- Business Livery for tax reasons :P

- Learn how to drive again

- New coilovers

- New clutch

- New Trust Manifold and gate (may go T67, doing some research on this ATM)

I also purchased an old forged SR which I plan on slowly building. Not sure what I will do with it yet, may buy a basher for Matsuri!

The car looks like a junker ATM but hopefully it will have fresh paint soon!

1451405_10152358442174482_3916880835589577680_n.jpg

2 years have flown by. good to see it wasnt parted out like so many along the way. out of curiosity why you moving away from the Blitz turbo? that thing is the shiznit.

Only because the Blitz is welded as one piece (manifold, turbo, dump gate) so it may get messy. That and I don't really want to chop up the Trust manifold!

ahhh didnt realise you went the same way as me on the rear housing.

Hmm time to update. Not sure anyone actually checks here anymore but I like keeping this going as a timeline for the car!

- Purchased some new DG5s around Christmas time for the car, the yen was good so they worked out to be relatively cheap! They are amazing to drive on, the car feels confident and does what it's meant to do again!!

- The Z33 conversion is taking a fair bit longer than expected so have swapped my old front coilovers for a SR box, the box is still going strong, done a few events on it now. Hoping the machinist will have completed the bell housing in the next couple of weeks so we can continue!

- Got the kit all painted so the car was one colour again (thanks to Vu at DT)

FullSizeRender2.jpg

- Bought some new rear wheels - VSKF 18x10 -5 and Gramlight 57s Pro 18x10/ 0 offset

- Sold off all my TEs :(

- Trying to sell off my 17" Rear VSKF.

-Bought some new HPI camo harnesses, haven't fitted these yet as they haven't arrived.

- Replaced the old Powertune manifold with the Trust one I had lying around. We welded the Blitz turbo to the manifold, it's ugly but it worked! Engine bay looks a lot neater now it has a highmount turbo.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The car also made more power at less boost, running 287kw :)

- Drove Winton Matrsuri and lost a wheel, unfortunately the car is a bit ugly again now, wrecked my rear bar, side skirt and widebody.

- Purchased a DMAX type-3 kit for the car, have always wanted one, can't wait to have it all painted and fitted up to the car. Also waiting on a DMAX bonnet as well.

- Took the wing off the car as it looked ugly once all painted the one colour, currently for sale if anyone wants it!!

I think i'm going to sell off all my VSKF and get some more 57S Pro as they look heaps better on the car. Too bad they are discontinued and hard to find now :(

Which brings me to my next point. I bought this car as a wreck, it has more 57S pros which is great but the rears are 19s so will be a bit exxy to drift on.

6-04-2015 11-50-13 AM.png

So far i have stolen the seats out of it, I'm most likely going to be transferring the running gear from this across to my S14 and strip the rest off.

Trying to just have some fun in this car now, it's being reliable again now that everything has been replaced :)

IMG_4365.JPG

Edited by pink180