Sign in to follow this  
skylineguy19

RB25 S13 Slider. Bright, loud and in ya face! ADGP Round 3 Pro-Am Winner :)

Nice work mate it's coming along very nicely :thumbsup:

Oh also where are you getting the 25mm Fibreglass Guards from as I still need a pair but Viva Garage won't have any in until August... :(

Hey man, i actually got them through viva, got told there was 1 pair left when i rang yesterday, maybe they had a cancellation or something?

Looks good mang, good luck with it all, unsure if this has already been asked but what happened with your 31? I was talking to my cousin Daniel yesterday and he remembers when you first got it back in the CCSS days

Cheers dude, yeah the 31 met the wall at Mallala, was repairable but i was looking for an excuse for something new already lol. Kolleff? dont think ive seen him since old skool new age a few years back, i never drove it to school, had it back then but didnt pass my licence the first couple of times so didnt end up driving it till after i left school. That car sure went through a bit. The vid of the wall hit is on first page of this thread i think.

looking good man, love the cage...

sorry for the newbie question but whats the reasoning behind taking the windows out for painting? (besides the obvious motivation of putting some sexy perspex windows in)

thanks mate, yeah as simon said, so much easier to work with a full respray without windows in the way and no chance of overspray on them.

Got a message from the painter today saying work was happening today and he was taking progress photos so should have a few to show next week.

Ahh ok, i thought you would have fixed it, i know it went through alot but i didnt think you would be able to part with it lol like me and my cefiro...

Yea Koleff, he just got his first import (R33) but he is over it already lol, find him on FB

yeah the 31 was hard to part with but it was definately past its prime and needed a full overhaul, so instead decided on something a little more easy to work with, off the shelf parts etc. With the 31 almost everything had to be custom and difficult lol.

you always take the glass out when doing a full spray on a car.

ahah not whem they want a $1000 job. no one wants to spend the money taking windows out if they dont have to.

Nice work mate it's coming along very nicely thumbsup.gif

Oh also where are you getting the 25mm Fibreglass Guards from as I still need a pair but Viva Garage won't have any in until August... sad.gif

Hey man, i actually got them through viva, got told there was 1 pair left when i rang yesterday, maybe they had a cancellation or something?

Looks good mang, good luck with it all, unsure if this has already been asked but what happened with your 31? I was talking to my cousin Daniel yesterday and he remembers when you first got it back in the CCSS days

Cheers dude, yeah the 31 met the wall at Mallala, was repairable but i was looking for an excuse for something new already lol. Kolleff? dont think ive seen him since old skool new age a few years back, i never drove it to school, had it back then but didnt pass my licence the first couple of times so didnt end up driving it till after i left school. That car sure went through a bit. The vid of the wall hit is on first page of this thread i think.

looking good man, love the cage...

sorry for the newbie question but whats the reasoning behind taking the windows out for painting? (besides the obvious motivation of putting some sexy perspex windows in)

thanks mate, yeah as simon said, so much easier to work with a full respray without windows in the way and no chance of overspray on them.

Got a message from the painter today saying work was happening today and he was taking progress photos so should have a few to show next week.

its a lot better job to take windowns out so there is no chance of paint lifting from around the windows.

ahah not whem they want a $1000 job. no one wants to spend the money taking windows out if they dont have to.

roughly 100 bucks to remove and reinstall glass... thats what i paid anyway. results far outweigh the cost tho.

well first day off work today in almost 2 weeks so went down for a look. Only dropped the bits off late last week though so not a huge amount has been done. Front wide guards are on and rears are in the process of being put on. After they are all mounted up properly the painting itself should hopefully start.

Few pics i snapped this arvo. Sorry to anyone who might be on slow net, the pics are just under 2mb each as i took the SLR with me today.

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

next update to come sometime next week on my next day off. Not sure when that is yet.

roughly 100 bucks to remove and reinstall glass... thats what i paid anyway. results far outweigh the cost tho.

yeah 90 each window. so front rear and side 350 400. for a car

well it cost me $140 for both sides and rear window, and from a different bloke down south about 70 bux for the front window to be done. Think the front glass will be the only one that goes back in, reckon i will perspex the rest.

well it cost me $140 for both sides and rear window, and from a different bloke down south about 70 bux for the front window to be done. Think the front glass will be the only one that goes back in, reckon i will perspex the rest.

thats a good price. do you have perspex lined up?

Killer build Luke - you certainly have an eye for quality and detail! Can't wait to see it sideways!

yeah 90 each window. so front rear and side 350 400. for a car

I paid $100.00 for all windows to be removed & they came to my house too :thumbsup:

**Looking very nice Luke it's almost there :woot:

this cars the biggest shitbox lol sorry luke i had to get in first thumb.gif

lol thanks steve,

and for those wondering what he is on about, my car got its magazine debut today! lol, can't say it was in the ideal way but,

not sure if i'm proud or ashamed haha as its been put into the biggest shitbox category in the zoo real car search. I entered it expecting to have it finished by now and having photos of it painted with engine and kit but obviously it hasnt got that far yet so the only photos they have is of it pretty much completely stripped, but hey if it can get in a mag in its current state hopefully it might make a few appearances when its complete also.

Here is a couple of pics of what is in zoo mag lol.

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

Anyway, latest news is that my painter has a torn ligament and a fractured ankle so he is out of action for about 3 weeks, so car will be moving back to mechanics for a few things to get done, hicas cradle out and non hicas cradle in, solid cradle bushes in, 5 stud and 33 turbo brakes fitted up and maybe a few other things.

and yeh congrats man any coverage is good coverage

cheers dude

and oh yeah, go vote for it ppl! no idea if i actually get anything if i win but i for sure will get a sticker made up for it when its finished saying 'zoo's biggest shitbox' or something like that haha.

Haha nice work Luke :thumbsup:

lol @ shitbox of the year, the cage is worth more then the rest of the cars on the page haha..

lol yeah very true.

So feel free to go and vote for it guys, who knows what i win i get the most votes but hey, may aswell go for it lol.

http://zooweekly.com.au/bloke-news/realcars/2010/real-cars-finalists-shitbox.htm

Link is above, so if you have the time, go click vote a couple of times for me.

Cheers.

lol yeah very true.

So feel free to go and vote for it guys, who knows what i win i get the most votes but hey, may aswell go for it lol.

http://zooweekly.com.au/bloke-news/realcars/2010/real-cars-finalists-shitbox.htm

Link is above, so if you have the time, go click vote a couple of times for me.

Cheers.

just gave you a couple votes.. :D

as above gave you a few votes, lol cant believe your an actual finalist of it haha..

haha cheers, yeah i had kinda forgot about the comp after progress slowed on the car, then got a message from a mate going, oi your in zoo mag lol.

hey guys, very small update. Got the new solid rear alloy cradle bushes today, dropped them to mechanics after work so they can get the cradle all set hopefully by monday arvo, then will be dropping the car back to them so they can fit it up along with the other stuff mentioned above, brakes, 5 stud, wheels etc. So HOPEFULLY by end of next week i will get to do a proper update again.

so the car got moved today, yay!

back at mechanics now with all the brake gear sitting in it in boxes ready to go. So by end of next week it should have all this fitted up,

Ceffy Xmember

Solid Alloy rear cradle bushes

Non hicas rear cradle

R33 turbo brakes and calipers

5 stud

Maybe beginning of hydro handbrake setup

MAYBE new wheels (they are nothing overly exciting(Lenso D1r's) but hey, good size and offset with bit of dish)

and just so there is a pic to go with the post, a shot of it being transported today lol.

Image001.jpg

was that at phoenix paint and panel??? if so they do really good work... only thing is when i had some work done, they left little specs of wax on everything after they detailed <_>