Sign in to follow this  
YunG<>BuK

selling your car and crazy low balling buyers stories

Boostcruising is fun though, it's like you just put the most random low ball offers on shit and half the time you get lucky cos they all need money to buy drugs or whatever haha :lol:

Boostcruising is fun though, it's like you just put the most random low ball offers on shit and half the time you get lucky cos they all need money to buy drugs or whatever haha :lol:

LOL!

The CASH call is ok sometimes... I let people know im paying cash for cars cause then they know when i say ill give them a certain price im not going to turn around and say "now give me a week while i try and sort out finance."

I will low ball items especially on Boostcrusing, sometimes it works and you get a bargain. Though if there is something i need/want and the price is fare ill just pay it.

yea i agree. i'd take a little bit less knowing that its gone and dont end up in the situation i unded up in a while ago buying a 33. drove it said yes. talked to the bank they said no. next car i bought i said ill see the bank. once i get pre approved then ill say yes. worked out sweet

The CASH call is ok sometimes... I let people know im paying cash for cars cause then they know when i say ill give them a certain price im not going to turn around and say "now give me a week while i try and sort out finance."

I will low ball items especially on Boostcrusing, sometimes it works and you get a bargain. Though if there is something i need/want and the price is fare ill just pay it.

yea i agree. i'd take a little bit less knowing that its gone and dont end up in the situation i unded up in a while ago buying a 33. drove it said yes. talked to the bank they said no. next car i bought i said ill see the bank. once i get pre approved then ill say yes. worked out sweet

42550d1261194613-microsoft-seeks-patent-shaming-fat-gamers-computer_says_no_7mvv.jpg

best one I heard is the 3 day cool off period to get there deposit back if they fell like they don't want to buy the car no more for no reason

i have heaps of stories but ill tell the most recent (few weeks back)

sold my bike on ebay, starting bid was 2.6k and had few small bids up and at least 5 days to go

dude contacts me saying 1.5k cash no mucking around. Shit, I should have stopped the bidding at 2.7k and taken the 1.5k off this guy makes complete sense.

another dude says if he wins the bid, and something is wrong with it later down the track can i get my money back? do i look like f*cken K Mart!!! surprised he didnt ask if he can pay by myer 1 points....

When I sold my 180 a 16 yo rocks up to see the car. He wanted the car to learn and drive when he got his Ps. offered me 4k. walked back into my house. lol

I HATE LOW BALLERS!

when i was looking for a car, soo many people thought their car alone was worth far more then any other car.

i looked at 32s, s14 and s14a. low ball offers happen when people just don't value the car/part correctly or the buyer cant afford it. a lot of the cars i looked at had a lot of problems or priced too highly.

one guy sold his car when he agreed to let me get an inspection done. if i didn't sms him to confirm i would have wasted $250.

in the end i bought the first car i looked at, nearly 2 months later. for $1750 less, without a roady or the cheap 19" chromies.

Any one remember about 2 or so years ago a red lancer GSR that was wrapped around a pole killing 4 people while raceing that old blue RX7 and the RX7 driver went on today tonight saying he wasnt street raceing cause his car is too slow or some shit. I was selling my R32 at the time and the RX7 driver came to look at it whith his lebo friend in a VL-T (duh). Then he offered me half the asking price and his RX7 for it and said some shit about people being after him and that people know his car now and abuse him and want to bash him. He was allmost begging me to take the offer.M

Link to 1st story: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/hoon-probe-on-death-crash/story-e6frf7kx-1111112978735

was he a big fat guy by any chance?

low balling does sometimes work...a few months ago my boss was looking at a ferrari dino 308 gt4 for sale, advertised for 50k.

after a few days of communication my boss finally takes a look at it, drives it.

eventually submits and offer a few days later, saying "look mate, i've only got 40k to offer you. It does need work, rego etc. I can pick it up tomorrow if that suits you"

the owner is a bit so-so on the offer (but comes off as really desperate. he does live on a waterfront house in drummoyne...) but eventually accepts the offer.

so my boss organises a time to pick up the car. just before he gets over there he gives him a call saying he will give him 35k. saying its only 5k less bla bla and thats all he can really afford.

the owner thinks about it and says "alright alright ill do it just take it".

picked up the car and he even said he re-newed the rego for us. we thought wow...15k off AND rego, awesome! turns out he didnt the sneaky f**k just put the new label on and hadn't paid for it.

15k off the advertised price...not bad :)

another story from work (a little off-topic but nevertheless entertaining):

We had a turbo diesel patrol advertised for sale and this referred client said she was interested, but she couldnt make it out to us.

now being a referred client and such nice gents we offered to show the car to her. turns out she was a 1.5 hour drive from our shop, which we agreed to do at no cost to her.

When we got there she then explained to us why she wanted the car, stating she needs to see if the car will tow her horse float with two horses in it up a steep hill which is another 30 mins further away!!!

So my boss politely agrees (whilst burning inside) and she then starts loading up the horse float and the two horses on to the car. one hour later we were finally on our way to 'the hill'.

we get there and she says "oh no no i don't like this one bit. my older patrol can do this with less ease". So we returned home on our two hour trip, frustrated.

We spent a whole day f**king around with this bitch who didn't even end up buying the car!!!

-----

Oh and yes i have plenty more of these stories..

Abit of a different story.

A guy was selling his S13 that he had crashed, just a simple S13 with mild mods nothing major but pretty mashed up in the front.

Piss farted around, agreed to drive out to his to have a look, he was around an hours drive away from mine, thats all alright though, he was asking a okayish price for it.

When I got there around 10mins early I waited out the front with my father gave him a buzz and no answer.. so, knocked on his door, rang his door bell.. nothing! so I waited, maybe he went to grab milk and just left his phone home... or was still in bed.

I called that idiot about 10 times. and knocked on his door for ages.. sent him a sms asking wtf is going on...

too bad for that dude I had cash for him in my wallet and was going to take it that day...

to top off the story, I pm and sms him a few days later, "he said sorry bro I was in jail overnight" and asked for $300 more! without front mount, rims and coilovers... I was more pissed that I wasted my dads time :(

ps; if you read this, burnout marks on your drive way do not give you a good image dude....

didn't you call before you started driving?

i always do that, double checking cuz people forget/ have their phone off or some other random shit.

Live and learn I guess... but I did double confirm it all before the night before...

my bf had his supra shell and gearbox for 10k, guy rang up came around and checked it out and said hed get it got everything ready for him and a day later he rang and said "ohh na i only have 5k.. i thought youd give it to me for that"

....you can have the getrag for 5k

annoyed me so much

i had my rolla down the street oneday and a old guy asks me how much for it,i look at him weard and ask him what is he going to use it for,he sead for his kid to lern how to drive in.i just lold,btw this was my car,locked diff,big cams,side draght carbs.

DSCF0101.JPG

How about the old text msg..

"hey bro, will you take $2000 for it" without even veiwing the car in person..

(car was advertised for $3500 btw)

OR

young kid/s turn up, red p's with their mates, check it out ask questions, but dont drive it.

Offer money,I accept, then say "oh I'll ask my mum/dad and get back to you"

"whats the least you can sell it for?"

haha

Or a text at 12pm saturday nite saying "hey bro, can your call this number, i want to talk to you about your car"

Awesome time to enquire about a car.

Ended up selling the car through car sales, for $95 less than advertised :)

Wouldnt waste my time trying to sell it on here, I already had enough time wasting through car sales

Any one remember about 2 or so years ago a red lancer GSR that was wrapped around a pole killing 4 people while raceing that old blue RX7 and the RX7 driver went on today tonight saying he wasnt street raceing cause his car is too slow or some shit. I was selling my R32 at the time and the RX7 driver came to look at it whith his lebo friend in a VL-T (duh). Then he offered me half the asking price and his RX7 for it and said some shit about people being after him and that people know his car now and abuse him and want to bash him. He was allmost begging me to take the offer.M

Link to 1st story: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/hoon-probe-on-death-crash/story-e6frf7kx-1111112978735

Yeah, not too big though.

Yeah, not too big though.

i used to work with the guy. he's a real dodgy kent.

How about the old text msg..

"hey bro, will you take $2000 for it" without even veiwing the car in person..

(car was advertised for $3500 btw)

OR

young kid/s turn up, red p's with their mates, check it out ask questions, but dont drive it.

Offer money,I accept, then say "oh I'll ask my mum/dad and get back to you"

"whats the least you can sell it for?"

haha

These I have had quite a few of SO ANNOYING. If these *milkshakes* were serious about buying a car you'd think they would call instead of send a shitty sms

Selling my car and it's annoying the hell out of me. Getting Mums asking if i have service history books for their L plater kid, more offers for swaps than money... GAH

I hate people who think they can buy one of these cars and not need to fix SOMETHING. Farout most of the people who have enquired about my car are people who aren't enthusiastic about doing work at ALL.

My car is a ca18de and it just needs better rear shocks, tyres and meatier front discs and pads and when I tell people that they go running away!! THATS NOTHING!! i'll probably end up fixing them myself but I'd rather not spend the extra dosh

It's up on carsales now too so I guess its a matter of the waiting game

How long did you guys wait to sell your car?

And i'm so sick of people going

"well it's gonna cost me 1.5k to get it ready so I'll offer you 1.5k cheaper than your asking price..."

seriously ... because you need to spend money you're going to deduct it off my price?? f**k maybe I should post my car up for 1.5k more ... RETARDS

and negotiable doesn't mean 2k off the price... gawd

more offers for swaps than money... GAH

It seems no-one has actual liquid funds anymore, all they want to do is to trade you their old crap that they can't sell themselves.

I had an offer for "swaps" on my bike just tonight.

It's a 2002 model with only 5000km, for which I am asking $4500.

His offer (and this was a direct swap, no cash adjustment my way), was a 1991 model bike with 35,000km, which he himself currently has advertised for $2500.

Right, I'll swap an 8 yr old bike with 5000km for a 19 yr old bike with 35,000 km.

I'll fill out the rego transfer forms right away.

:lol: all these stories are so funny would like to see your guys reactions when asked dumb offers :lol:

whenever i put a car on carsales i get plenty of texts saying 'will you take ?' .. i'm sure people just spam everyone with a car advertised, but hey some people probably get a bargain out of it..

i also like it when i advertise on boost and get offered swaps like ski jackets and nintendo DS's :lol:

don't u love it when they rocked up with their dick head mate who is 17 never owned a car but yet think he knows everything about cars? f**king idiots

whenever i put a car on carsales i get plenty of texts saying 'will you take ?' .. i'm sure people just spam everyone with a car advertised, but hey some people probably get a bargain out of it..

i also like it when i advertise on boost and get offered swaps like ski jackets and nintendo DS's :lol:

haha this is so true! i was a very un-wise person advertising my mazda astina on boost (wanting to buy a silvia), and said possible swaps for jap rwd cars - pref r31s, ke70s etc maybe an s13, so so many people offering VLs and stuff, ended up selling it for cash and got me a CA silvia which i was very happy with!

oh and selling the astina was dodgy as, i was young but the guy asked if i could drive it over to his house, so i did :S , got my cash for the car, then him and his mate drove me back to my house after and asked if i wanted to come out with them later or soemthing dodge... ive learnt my lesson!

I had a guy fail at trying to lowball me.

I had my 32 for sale for months. 25, cams, full fuel system upgrade, forged internals and a handful of suspension bits and pieces.. but nobody seemed to want it. Within a matter of months, I had dropped the price from 13 to 9 (gradually ofcourse).

Anywayyyy, I had a kid make a 2 hour drive to come and have a look. Took him for a drive. Gave the low down, what was done, what needed to be done, good and bad points etc. He stood silently for a good couple of minutes, then scoured up the courage and proposed an offer of.... wait.... $50 below my asking price!!!!!!! I gave him the sympathy vote and told him he could have it for $8900. Haha!

ahaha should of knocked him back first to see the utter disappointment on his face because he probably didn't have that extra 50 bucks on him LOL

The worst ive noticed is selling Commodores, my old 1 was the worst to sell it sold quickly but i just couldn't stop the teenage kids throwing me stupid offers.. I even had kids offering me "chipped" PS2's with 100games trying to warrant that's worth a $1000 price drop.

Ill also say BoobsLoosing is pretty bad wit selling parts, i think due to the high volume you just get the most random offers.. I even had people saying they would buy my car if it drove it to Queensland but only leaving a $200 deposit =s

Goddamn lowballers make me so f%cking angry.

I sold a fully-sick VL years ago and had so many c0cksmokers turn up to check it out and lowball me. After dealing with about 20 time-wasters, some kid fresh on his P-plates rocks up, looks the car over and then gives me the asking price without even driving it! I copped some epic questions like "Why does it have a Holden engine? It's supposed to be Nissan". Yes Einstein, I swapped out the Nissan RB30 for a Holden RB30...

About ten years ago my brother was after a Honda Prelude so my dad and I checked one out for him (asking $9500). We rock up, the owner seems really spaced out but he agrees to let us test-drive the car. We leave a $50k+ car and keys as insurance and get the okay to take the car for an hour to show my brother. So an hour goes by, we arrive back at the guy's house to make him an offer. As we pull up we're greeted by the cops who ask us to step out of the car. They tell us that the bloke has reported the car stolen. Turns out that he was drunk and had some serious issues and didn't even remember seeing us let alone giving the okay to test-drive the car! We cracked it, pointed to our car and the fact that this bloke had the keys and asked why we would steal a sub $10k car and leave a $50k+ in its place? The cops lol'd and just shook their heads and left.

Later that night the bloke called, apologised, and offered the car for $2k below asking price so we took it.

Re paying cash: I've bought two cars with a bank cheque plus a couple hundred cash. It's actually a pretty good bargaining tool in my experience.

Sold my Sil a while ago, got the usual boost losers and secretd lowballs.

Sold in 24hrs for asking price and still getting messages!

Good cars sell, shit sticks so never swap/trade! I've learned my lesson!shades.gif