Sign in to follow this  
reddragon_25

Can anyone give me rough price's

Hey can anyone give me a rough idea on the costs of getting a car resprayed?

im sure there are more than one or two people on these forums who have had this done or work in the trade,

also interior work like reupholstering seats aswell as replacement dashes,

Iv got a 180 and the paint is getting a bit old and the dash is pretty cracked and the interior is getting a bit faded too.

any info would be good, im not to keen to have a go at respraying myself iv done it before but that was only a bumper and i don't want to risk stuffing it up :blush:

Cheers,

Scott

roughly in between 1g and 25g :) depends what kinda job u want.

depends on colours, depends on panel work, depends on damage.

stupid question

how long is a piece of string?

buy a second hand dash $50-$100.

and buy 20x spray cans = $40-$50 spray job easy and save lots of money

buy a second hand dash $50-$100.

and buy 20x spray cans = $40-$50 spray job easy and save lots of money

hey thanks for the advice, i was wanting just a gloss respray of its original paint, its black, i know there are several different types of black. the damage is sun-faded and slight cracking.

and yeah iv tried the spray cans before but i dont want to attempt the whole car with cans i want it to look professional.

thanks again Scott 

As for interior, you're generally looking at about $500 + fabric for rear seat, door trims & glovebox.

All type crash on main north road quoted me $2500 + repair. That is doors shut. My car is glossy black.

Glavas

if you decide to do it yourself at least use a paint gun (gravity fed) and an air compressor - dont use cans thats just chat

ive sprayed my kawasaki ninja few years ago (sold it now) a sunfire orange colour in my garage using 2 pak acrylic, came out nice used layers upon layers of super gloss. All up costed less than few hundred (cant remember but between 2-4 hundred)including the gun, paint, thinners etc. So a full car bout 6 hundred approx im guessing?

only difference between doing it yourself at home and the shop is you cant bake the paint.

if you decide to do it yourself at least use a paint gun (gravity fed) and an air compressor - dont use cans thats just chat

ive sprayed my kawasaki ninja few years ago (sold it now) a sunfire orange colour in my garage using 2 pak acrylic, came out nice used layers upon layers of super gloss. All up costed less than few hundred (cant remember but between 2-4 hundred)including the gun, paint, thinners etc. So a full car bout 6 hundred approx im guessing?

only difference between doing it yourself at home and the shop is you cant bake the paint.

Sweet thanks i have thought about getting an air gun and compressor cos that way if you get sick of the color you can change it without it looking S*$t.

did you have to sand the paint back first? what primers did you use?

lol and Ninjas are an awesome bike  :thumbsup:  there about the only bike i like lol

:thumb:

wait a sec where am i going, i used acrylic enamel paints not 2 pak

yea sand it back get the gloss/clear coat off the old paint, hit it with 2 coats acrylic primer, 2 hits base colours and 3 clears

i first used a shitty paint gun from Supercheap auto that was one of those with the paint holder at the bottom of the gun, that was a nightmare. the spray pattern was real off and paint would drip from the nozzle. Gravity fed is definately 100 times better. Also you need to get the correct nozzle size for your application and you need the right psi, HP for the air compressor.

Go to a automotive paint shop and theyll tell ya what you need and wat to do, or google it.