Sign in to follow this  
ardie

Got told I need a 2lt catch can by scrutineer at rnd1

Last drift day I got told that my catch can is too small for my engine. I was just wondering if anybody has had a similar thing happen to them, and where you got a catch can that size?

Cheers

Ryan

Yeh i think they are starting tocrack down a little bit, street rego'd cars aren't really meant to but these day the line between street and track car is very blurred. the one in my car is be ASE in SA but AZCUSTOMS would be able to knock one up for ya or really any competant welder would be able to

yeh they've been crackin down on a few things lately, round 1 was the first time nothing was "wrong" with my car :lol:

i have a 2ltr one, custom made one!

their easy as fark to do, just use ur imagination :P haha

Isn't the CAMS regs something like the catch can has to be the same size as the engine capacity? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me as the sump is going to hold close to 4L in most 4cyl cars anyway

out of the cams manual,

(if fitted with any crankcase breather discharging to the atmosphere, each breather be vented into a catch tank

of minimum capacity of two litres for engines up to 2000cc or three litres for over 2000cc. Regulations for

competitions on unsealed surfaces may waive this requirement;

seems everyone is a welder these days nick lol

and Im happy to see the word competant used for once :)

We (myself or Aaron) Azcustom can whip up a tank

to suit your vehicles requirments :)

yeh i have a 2ltr one & was told once i should have a 3ltr one :S haha

never been mentioned again tho

if its a road registered car , u dont need 2liters .

my car was track only , which needed 2 liters

scrutineers let things slide all the time...if they ask you to do something, then do it rather than argue, otherwise next time around im doubting they'll let that minor oil leak slide in scrutineering...

Yeah my thoughts exactly, I'm working towards my car being 100% scruitaneer complient.

Anyways, keiren is hooking a brother up, but of anybody could post pics of their 2lt setups that would be lovely XD

I run 2 catch cans both around 2 litres, needed to add a second as the one I had was undersize so we just added a second and no problems so far.

On another note we got told we dont need a fire exstinguisher at rnd1, where at the last round last year we got pinned for it being a bit out of date. I cant keep up with it.

haha, i swear they make their own rules half the time!

dont think its possible to have a scruiteneer friendly car? esp if you get a certain one :whistle:

that certain one is the main scrutineer for the hq's , he's not that bad if you chat to him :)

that certain one is the main scrutineer for the hq's , he's not that bad if you chat to him :)

hmmm... I wonder what this "chat" consists of :P.... :ph34r:

The only things they picked up on my car were a couple of things that I was already aware of, as they don't comply with the cams regs, so I think it's fair enough. Personally I don't really have any problem with the scruitaneers, they make the effort for us and without them we wouldn't be out there, also I've havnt seen them turn a car away from an event (that's not to say it hasn't happened, just that I havnt seen it)

I run 2 catch cans both around 2 litres, needed to add a second as the one I had was undersize so we just added a second and no problems so far.

On another note we got told we dont need a fire exstinguisher at rnd1, where at the last round last year we got pinned for it being a bit out of date. I cant keep up with it.

Yeah I got told that also, I think I'm going to keep mine regardless, it's already in there anyways.

*makes mental note* :P

They tried to tell me my catch can needed to be 2ltrs aswell... until I pointed out that it was plumbed back into the intake not vented to atmosphere :rolleyes:

Sometimes they need reminding of the rules... it's a lot for them to remeber so it pays to know the ones that apply to you yourself ;)