Sign in to follow this  
ecko

round by round car changes

so thought this might be interesting for those who dont mind others knowing whats happening with there cars,

if we can keep it to drift cars only that are running in the tassie rounds it should keep it local and interesting,

i guess ill start off

My car is in the process of getting

front coilovers with camber tops,

s13 radiator with au falcon thermos

rear springs and shocks changed

battery mounted in boot in preparation for front facing manifold

Plans for S14 before Mallala:

- Tomei L-Type fuel pressure reg to increase fuel pressure

- Fuel surge tank

- Bosch 044

- Increase % of E85 in fuel mix

- Re-tune

- More rear toe-in

Before round 2 see here :lol: :

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=431244

Ryan's new 96 180SX Type X will also see round 2 with a few more mods including:

- ADM S15 T28

- Gktech 3" dump with custom 3" front pipe for way better ground clearance than bolt-on items (already done earlier this arvo)

- Remove air con (already been de-gassed by Automotive Air/Tas Mobile Mechanics)

- 450x300x76 FMIC mounted with ends at top behind radiator support (will move radiator back and duct well)

- Custom 3" intake pipe, 2.25" hot pipe and 2.5" cold pipe

- Modify Bilstein rear strut tops for more shock travel before hitting bump stops then lower height on adjustable circlips to get it fairly low

- Lengthen front struts downwards for more shock travel before bump stops then cut whiteline springs to lower front (springs will still be held captive due to shock being moved down)

- Cut the tops of the rear 2 bushes off the subframe and leave pineapples underneath to get it as high as possible. Cut front 2 pineapples in half to squash from both directions, leaving position near stock. Doing this will very slightly raise the rear roll centre as well as give the S13 rear suspension some much-needed squat.

- Re-drill inner LCA and caster rod pivots higher to raise front roll centre. Wind in heaps of caster to angle tie rod end part of knuckle downward to try and get bump-steer back close enough to where it should be (adjustable height tie rod ends down the track).

- Gktech lock spacers

- Grind off stoppers on LCA's

- Gktech steering wheel -_- - I like the stock wheel

Car already has Cusco camber arms and caster rods, Bilstein shocks, whiteline springs and swaybars

Should be a rediculously responsive comfortable and still very driftable little car. Stock LSD will let it down though but proper LSD's so much $$$ for the % of drift days there are compared to every other day of the year when it'll be street driven. Well, other than when it has the steering wheel clamped. Yes, every person with over 40kw or a working handbrake needs to consider steering clamp down-time because it will happen lol. A mate just got his clamped for using the handbrake entering his driveway in a car BEING TOWED (no power assisted brakes with engine not running). Does that mean if I make a billycart with a handbrake and handbrake into my driveway, will they clamp that too? I'm just not 100% sure why that's more dangerous than all the other traffic infringements U can get and not get clamped. Like even something like failure to indicate can cause a WAY more serious accident so shouldn't that mean u get ur car clamped for longer for that?

Anyone keen to take over some island and make our own country with fair road rules???

Yes i know, WAY off topic lol.

^^ don't cut the lock stops off the lca's brad , i have some s13/laurel ones already cut you can try if you want , that was the main problem the laurel has with binding (it had massive binding issues when i put rack spacers back in it) .

My drift car updates: well i'm planning on entering the laurel in the next round-ish (likely to be r3 , waiting on shipping parts from streeter) , i'm pinching the setup out of the front of the cefiro and setting it up properly on the laurel along with some chassis bracing and hopefully a new roll cage , it will be slightly lower but i'm changing the front lca/caster mounting points for higher roll center . for the rear i'm making custom cradle bush thingys that push into the factory rubber but still let it sit at the factory height (pretty similar to what brad is doing to that ^^ 180 ) along with toe arms i bought from spgarage , and hopefully doing something similar to the rear strut tower on nigel petrie's s13 . also i'm booking it in with gt garage for a tune on the pfc , hoping for 230 rwk-ish and i'm fitting some factory aero as you would call it (club s front spoiler and side skirts, if/when the container arrives ) . the ceff is slowly getting the rear guard repaired properly and getting put back to as close to stock as i can get it for compliance ... then big things will be happening with that :) ...

well update for me, trying to kill my engine/turbo but the *milkshake* of a thing just wont die <_>

anyone tried limiter bashing in reverse before? :ph34r::lol:

- Fuel surge tank

- Bosch 044

- Re-tune

- More rear toe-in

Ryan's new 96 180SX Type X will also see round 2 with a few more mods including:

- ADM S15 T28

- Gktech 3" dump with custom 3" front pipe for way better ground clearance than bolt-on items (already done earlier this arvo)

- Remove air con (already been de-gassed by Automotive Air/Tas Mobile Mechanics)

- 450x300x76 FMIC mounted with ends at top behind radiator support (will move radiator back and duct well)

- Modify Bilstein rear strut tops for more shock travel before hitting bump stops then lower height on adjustable circlips to get it fairly low

- Lengthen front struts downwards for more shock travel before bump stops then cut whiteline springs to lower front (springs will still be held captive due to shock being moved down)

- Cut the tops of the rear 2 bushes off the subframe and leave pineapples underneath to get it as high as possible. Cut front 2 pineapples in half to squash from both directions, leaving position near stock. Doing this will very slightly raise the rear roll centre as well as give the S13 rear suspension some much-needed squat.

- Re-drill inner LCA and caster rod pivots higher to raise front roll centre. Wind in heaps of caster to angle tie rod end part of knuckle downward to try and get bump-steer back close enough to where it should be (adjustable height tie rod ends down the track).

- Gktech lock spacers

Car already has Cusco camber arms and caster rods, Bilstein shocks, whiteline springs and swaybars

Should be a rediculously responsive comfortable and still very driftable little car. Stock LSD will let it down though but proper LSD's so much $$$ for the % of drift days there are compared to every other day of the year when it'll be street driven. Well, other than when it has the steering wheel clamped. Yes, every person with over 40kw or a working handbrake needs to consider steering clamp down-time because it will happen lol. A mate just got his clamped for using the handbrake entering his driveway in a car BEING TOWED (no power assisted brakes with engine not running). Does that mean if I make a billycart with a handbrake and handbrake into my driveway, will they clamp that too? I'm just not 100% sure why that's more dangerous than all the other traffic infringements U can get and not get clamped. Like even something like failure to indicate can cause a WAY more serious accident so shouldn't that mean u get ur car clamped for longer for that?

Anyone keen to take over some island and make our own country with fair road rules???

Buy the 044 and surge out of Summers' car ;).

Did you want me to price you the same fuel reg as I run? Is probably cheaper too.

Ben

- Fuel surge tank

- Bosch 044

- Re-tune

- More rear toe-in

- ADM S15 T28

- Gktech lock spacers

Buy the 044 and surge out of Summers' car ;).

Did you want me to price you the same fuel reg as I run? Is probably cheaper too.

Ben

Most likely buying 044 & surge out of Mookie's Corona (Haven't asked yet LOL)

Yes please about the FPR.

Changing rear tyres, and going back to the old wheels.

Need a pair of 17x9.5 Drifteks if anyone has a pair for sale or swap for 18x10 D1R's

Also gonna grow some balls and learn how to drive again.

Might change oil too.

Cant wait to hit Symmons again.

Thanks to tys bodyworks getting my car back straight again :thumb: possible full respray pending on time..

just a few other minor jobs before mallala other than that the old girl is running sweeeet..

changing every fluid in the car before the epic 1500km return journey!!

hoping to make round 3 now with another new car lol. have a r32 skyline now if any one knows were i can get a manual conversion for r32 pm me thats all i need

Changing rear tyres, and going back to the old wheels.

Need a pair of 17x9.5 Drifteks if anyone has a pair for sale or swap for 18x10 D1R's

Also gonna grow some balls and learn how to drive again.

Might change oil too.

Cant wait to hit Symmons again.

Lloyd just bought em off wayne so no more borrowing wheels :)

Im just waiting for my engine to get here,and pay for the turbo kit 2morrow (cheers brendo)

slap a new sump, oil pump and water pump on the engine and drop it in.....see if llyod wants a little cash job?

bolt the new LCAS ands coilovers in and im away,

the paint can wait till after round 2

HEY HEY

i didnt make the first round but should be out there at the next one

just bought a new GT2871R, also had a new inlet plenum made as i broke mine at powercruise

getting tuned on 22psi and better fuel

HEY HEY

i didnt make the first round but should be out there at the next one

just bought a new GT2871R, also had a new inlet plenum made as i broke mine at powercruise

getting tuned on 22psi and better fuel

Where'd you buy the 2871R from? We've been selling a crapload of them of late at prices competitive with anyone in the country ;).

Something for you all to keep in mind :).

We will price match wherever possible, we would prefer to be supplying everyone in the state series if we could :).

Ben

I found my long, lost Tomei 260 Procam exhaust cam. It'll work a lot better than it did before now that we're running a .86 turbine housing and higher comp. CAN'T WAIT. Hoping for 290rwkw out of a GT2871R 52T on about 1.7 bar :ph34r:

I found my long, lost Tomei 260 Procam exhaust cam. It'll work a lot better than it did before now that we're running a .86 turbine housing and higher comp. CAN'T WAIT. Hoping for 290rwkw out of a GT2871R 52T on about 1.7 bar :ph34r:

ready for dsc? fookn woot...going to love mallala

Yeh mate absolutely. We'll need all the power we can get over there!

Sounds awesome man :thumb:

thing should love lala for sure, also tires!! how many you taking with you or we buying them over there?

Tyres are there at the distibutor. Dad can pick up on Friday for all of us. We need to pay Wayne for the tyres and he'll have them charged to him as they don't deal with cash. It might be Federal only. I'll ask tomorrow.

I'm getting 6x 235/45R17 Federal 595's. I hope to get the mobile number of the tyre guy over there in case I run out and need more (i hope not). I think Lloyd plans on getting 12x 265/35R18 Federal 595's :o

Tyres are there at the distibutor. Dad can pick up on Friday for all of us. We need to pay Wayne for the tyres and he'll have them charged to him as they don't deal with cash. It might be Federal only. I'll ask tomorrow.

I'm getting 6x 235/45R17 Federal 595's. I hope to get the mobile number of the tyre guy over there in case I run out and need more (i hope not). I think Lloyd plans on getting 12x 265/35R18 Federal 595's :o

lol, wats ur dad driving over there?? picking up tyres for everyone? he'd need a trailer for them alone lol...

6 tyres for you, 12 for llyod, prolly another 6 for consi? lol

rating the fact llyods going to run 265's...:humpleg: purtell might have some competition for turn 1 smoke show...last 2 events he drove at lala he took that crown...

12 seat van. If he goes by himself, I'm sure they'll pile in.

faarrr out lol the 14s going to cop some punishment, 18 tires over 2 days and 2000 km around trip lol

ok umm hmm i gotta work some shit out.. ill call ya during the week..

New ECU and map sensor for mine, maybe it will last for more than a few runs this timeranting3.gif

New ECU and map sensor for mine, maybe it will last for more than a few runs this timeranting3.gif

Lloyd's car will have less agressive knuckles for easier non power steering operation and a rebuilt engine with 286 degree cams, custom 14:1 compression pistons, RB25 Neo exhaust valves (1.5mm oversize i think), plenty of port work, longer ITB trumpets (filters coming out of bonnet) and 7M-GTE injectors. HOPEING for 250rwkw which would be up 100rwkw from what it was at at rnd 3 :woot: Will run Falken RT615's at about 22psi which should give it heaps more grip and speed compared to ZE-912's running 35psi which was all 150rwkw could comfortably spin before! I think keeping the car sideways behind a slower car will be the biggest challenge now.

filters out of the bonnet will look and sound cool but the scrutineers wont like it if they aren't covered.

Lloyd's car will have less agressive knuckles for easier non power steering operation and a rebuilt engine with 286 degree cams, custom 14:1 compression pistons, RB25 Neo exhaust valves (1.5mm oversize i think), plenty of port work, longer ITB trumpets (filters coming out of bonnet) and 7M-GTE injectors. HOPEING for 250rwkw which would be up 100rwkw from what it was at at rnd 3 :woot: Will run Falken RT615's at about 22psi which should give it heaps more grip and speed compared to ZE-912's running 35psi which was all 150rwkw could comfortably spin before! I think keeping the car sideways behind a slower car will be the biggest challenge now.

:hypo: :hypo: :hypo: :hypo: :hypo: :hypo: :hypo: :hypo: :hypo: :hypo:

filters out of the bonnet will look and sound cool but the scrutineers wont like it if they aren't covered.

Tassie ones won't care as far as i know. Will have to do something more permanent before going to Mallala again tho.

I seem to recall robbie bolger or matt mingays bombadore having a similar setup and not having a problems

They wanted the falcon at the last prac day to cover the turbo coming out of the bonnet, it was already half covered by a home made scoop, I know thats different but they handed out written requests to drivers to have any issues with their cars sorted before they can come out to another drift day, my brother got one for his harness and a few others got them for other things aswell, they seem to be cracking down so it might be worth finding out first to save any problems on the day, I hope its fine as it will sound awsomequagmire.gif .