Sign in to follow this  
ecko

round by round car changes

They wanted the falcon at the last prac day to cover the turbo coming out of the bonnet, it was already half covered by a home made scoop, I know thats different but they handed out written requests to drivers to have any issues with their cars sorted before they can come out to another drift day, my brother got one for his harness and a few others got them for other things aswell, they seem to be cracking down so it might be worth finding out first to save any problems on the day, I hope its fine as it will sound awsomequagmire.gif .

Yeah they're cracking down. Prob is we prob won't have time so if we find out first, we've been told and it must be fixed. If we turn up not knowing, it's gotta be fixed before next time. It's wrong, i know but gotta do soooooo much on Matt Harvey's car and get the 1UZ in and tuned before rnd 4. It'll be tight 4 sure.

yeh the written request are replacing the log books we used to have that always seemed to get 'lost' and a new one bought at every round, this was the easiest way of everyone having a reminder of things to fix. don't take it as a bad thing tho! :thumbsup:

Bang a hornet scoop on it if it is an issues, old school! yeh baby!!

yeah forwards facing scoop will be the go 4 sure for nice cold air. rear facing would be better for cooling to 'suck' the air through the radiator harder but hopefully cooling won't be a problem anyway.

Lloyd's stock ignition system can't keep up with the new setup. Lots of problems with misfiring. Have new leads, rotor buttons and dizzy caps on order. Will also have to upgrade the coils to something much better. Still makes 170rwkw @ about 5500rpm while misfiring with curve still on it's way up :)

what ecu are you running?

get some LS1 coils for it.

im fitting some now to a 1uf or what ever they are.