Sign in to follow this  
purplesil80

who do you know thats famous?

I cut some steel at work years ago and went into the office to give it to the customer to find out it was Gary McDonald from Mother and Son, I said 'Gidday Norman' as he was also Norman Gunston, that got a smile!!

that one hit wonder band androids played 'do it with madonna' at school.

I dunno if there any Wu fans on here but I've met and hanged with RZA and members of Killarmy and Sunz of man....great guys and got told a few sick stories too

Huge Wu fan here from way back, man can't believe you hung with Killarmy in oz??, details please...

I dunno if there any Wu fans on here but I've met and hanged with RZA and members of Killarmy and Sunz of man....great guys and got told a few sick stories too

Huge Wu fan here from way back, man can't believe you hung with Killarmy in oz??, details please...

mate you speaking to the biggest Wu fan in Oz...been a fan pretty all my life since primary school....it was Beretta 9 from killarmy....great guy was hanging at this bar here in Melbourne before a RZA show no one knew who he was and I was like yo beretta 9 he loved how I was a killarmy fan just hanged out talking about how its been like 10 years since the last killarmy album how they waiting on killa sin to come out of jail so they can make a new album and showing me pics of there hotel room in SA how they had chicks in there hotel room hahah it was mad and how RZA was at Russell Crowe house in sydney and he gave me his details give him the pics we take together and shit....also met another islord from killarmy when I was in America at staten island

that one hit wonder band androids played 'do it with madonna' at school.

what an awesome influence

mate you speaking to the biggest Wu fan in Oz...been a fan pretty all my life since primary school....it was Beretta 9 from killarmy....great guy was hanging at this bar here in Melbourne before a RZA show no one knew who he was and I was like yo beretta 9 he loved how I was a killarmy fan just hanged out talking about how its been like 10 years since the last killarmy album how they waiting on killa sin to come out of jail so they can make a new album and showing me pics of there hotel room in SA how they had chicks in there hotel room hahah it was mad and how RZA was at Russell Crowe house in sydney and he gave me his details give him the pics we take together and shit....also met another islord from killarmy when I was in America at staten island

ThrEAD hIJACK!

As i read this i am wearing my wu belt. I thought it would have been when they toured together. Spewing i missed the rza at wax museum recently i wanted some vinyl signed...

yeah I was there f**kin dope....he signed my 97 source magazine wu edition for me

IMG_0085.jpg

Also met the guys from Silverstein (a Canadian hardcore band) and met

the guys from I killed the prom queen, the bassest lives next door to

my cousin

does your cousin live in perth aye?

Went to school and used to ride a little with Andrew buckworth(bmx rider who is riding with nitro circus ATM)

Seen arj barker last night at doyloson.

And the best one, I met Jade and Ryan from cheese t.v :)

Thread reviival?

Hmmm, let me see...

Customers/People I know:

Prom queen, Orianthi, Hilltop Hoods, Luke Million, FSRF, Doc Neeson, Ian Moss, Birds Of Tokyo, Karnivool, Swanee, Dangerous, Leader Cheetah, DOC

People I've met:

Slash, Duff, Matt Bellamy, Molly Meldrum, Bic Runga, Mark Seymour, Dead Letter Circus, Joe Walsh, Jimmy Barnes, Burton C Bell, Mike Patton, Jeff Martin, Buzz Osborne, Frenzel Romb, Jason Bargwanna, Wolfmother

...Oh and I sat a few seats away from Amanda Keller at the 2000 Olympic games closing ceremony, and saw Yasmine Bleeth there lol

That's all I can remember

Edited by MILK-13

Hmmm, let me see...

Customers/People I know:

Prom queen, Orianthi, Hilltop Hoods, Luke Million, FSRF, Doc Neeson, Ian Moss, Birds Of Tokyo, Karnivool, Swanee, Dangerous, Leader Cheetah, DOC

People I've met:

Slash, Duff, Matt Bellamy, Molly Meldrum, Bic Runga, Mark Seymour, Dead Letter Circus, Joe Walsh, Jimmy Barnes, Burton C Bell, Mike Patton, Jeff Martin, Buzz Osborne, Frenzel Romb, Jason Bargwanna, Wolfmother

...Oh and I sat a few seats away from Amanda Keller at the 2000 Olympic games closing ceremony, and saw Yasmine Bleeth there lol

That's all I can remember

By far the best answer! Met a few ppl ay?

Ok,.. I swear this thread was about people we knew,.. not had met,.. but hey,.. I dont KNOW anyone fomous.

but have met and cooked for some big names,..

the gallagher brothers.

jerry springer

adam sandler

Kate moss - did some slightly illegal substnaces with her and her crew, after cooking at a restaurant opening in london ( night ill never forget, or quite remember)

mxpx

the queen

By far the best answer! Met a few ppl ay?

Yeah a few...doesn't take much in this industry. I'm sure some of my friends could come up with much more impressive lists!

Oh...and I forgot - The Beards! lol

yeah meeting someone doesn't mean you know them.

my best mate rides (bmx) for Colony (and other sponsors), X games finalist etc

he gets some funny shit sent to him on FB, fanmail i guess you would call it haha.

he's been my best mate since before he was "famous" in the bmx world, so to me he's still just the same kid.

as playing some basketball around australia and in america i have come across heaps of famous people

have met everyone from the miami heat and cleveland cavaliers as they came out to give us a talk when a basketball team of teens sent from melbourne to the u.s to play in the 2008 connolly games, exchange to ohio

also occasionally when going out to a club i chill with some nbl players mostly at alumbra such as corey homicide williams and mark worthington, mostly melbourne tigers nbl team

when i used to work at hsv production last month after the team won bathurst we had a celebration when they came back to the warehouse and met heaps of the v8 supercars at the v8 supercars

and a friend of mine i went to school with arryn siposs now plays for st kilda, think it was only like 1 game though

oh and if people met all the and1 players on their tours to melbourne... think they are long dead now

I have met my fair share of aussie sporting celebs, radio hosts and tv hosts as a kid due to my old man being a gun ho real estate agent back in the day. Pretty much all the Broncos players from around 94' to 98' and many tv news presenters.

There was a show on up here when i was a kid called 'Agro's cartoon connection' was on ch 7 years back. I was on the show talking to the presenter Anne marie about some picture I had drawn and I got heap of toys just for being there (MATCHBOX CARS!! etc). I also went around for dinner at her place and she gave me one of the old brick gameboys!

My stepdad was involved with the 2000 Olympics and because of that I got to meet many atheletes that were competing, kerin perkins (used to live near me anyway), thorpey, cathy freeman, michael klim etc (I cant remember any of the foreign ones names). I also saw meg ryan when I was at the olympics.

I got into an elevator at fox studios with keanu reeves around the same time as the olympics I have an autograph somewhere.

One of my mates worked with girl who got invited to be paris hiltons entourage while she stayed in australia around the time of that scooby doo movie. I tried my hardest to get in on that shit to no avail :( This lucky bitch had EVERYTHING paid for!! She went to all these local celebs parties and all the drugs and alcohol she could, eat, drink, snort.

Also another mate used to go to school with molly meldrums son and another one of my mates family were close to the band regurgitator - his little baby bro was in one of their film clips i believe.

Lol brisbaners may know this but on the community tv channel we have up here (BRIS 31) there was a show called Tamara Tonight and it was about this fat tranny that interviewed people. Anyway my mate used to live near this bloke! haha it was so funny seeing this fat man in a business suit walking in his front gate knowing he was this queer off TV.

Thats about all I can think of.

i wouldn't say this bloke is to famous, but in my grade at high school was (matty acton) from the hit list and various music shows and radio stations. I think his co hosts name was renee..

Oh and flying from perth to melb i was sitting next to lara bingle and her security dude. she smelt like lollies, wanted to eat her so bad :shades:

Edited by INMATE

Jason Taylor (former parra player, souths coach) is mates with my old footy couch and sponsors our side. Used to come down and train us, bloke would still shit on half the halfbaks in the game now.

Went to school and also mates with Tony Williams (plays for Manly, Australia).

I also work for GWS Giants so bump into Sheedy and the players all the time.

Shit how could I forget! Does anyone know that queer stand up comic josh thomas? He used to go to my school aswell as Erin Mcnaught

224156-erin-mcnaught.jpg

Erin+McNaught+Long+Hairstyles+Long+Wavy+Cut+5RkI2oYGHJfl.jpg

Edited by booostin

Went to primary school with terry lams son mathew. Seen Terry lam a few times

met the girl from home and away who also starred in heart break high

Seen snoop and ice cube on there tour in Australia

Seen beau Brady at a club

And one of my old best mates has been on home and away, swift and shift, cedar boys, and gangs of oz

Still friends with Penny from So you think you can dance lol. Google. Its worth it

NRL Players Michael Luck and Aaron Payne were in alot of my classes through school and are top blokes

Sam Thaiday was 2 years under me at highschool aswell.

A good friend of mine Bryn Atkinson is a killer Downhill MTB rider and is sponsered by GT bikes, oakley and a few other big names. Has won a few rounds on the world tour and is an absolute boss.

Also a few friends of mine are succesfull skateboarders and 2 of them are professional now and killing it all over the world. f**kers.

I met George Lucas and he signed a star wars lego set for me & also Ian Thorpe is a good family friend of ours and i used to get his clothes when he grew out of them when we were young lol ...

Missus went to school with guy sebastion and stoners wife. Didn't really know em properly though.

^That'd be Pedare/Golden Grove High. Can't believe Stoner's missus went there. Like I could have stolen that haha! Well no I'm not in her league but still...

Never really met anybody famous. Just know a few local people. I.e. photographers at nightclubs, some of the DJ's as well. So it's good when you go and chat to them etc then hot bitches think I'm like "connected" so they hang around you lol..... :(

At my current job ive met most/all of the V8 SuperCar/Top Fuel team drivers and had a bit of a chat.

From my old job i was going to alot of companys so i occasionaly got to drop in when famous people were around, i could say my highest in the Australian scene of actually knowing somebody would be Glenn Ridge, he owns Production company for Car Related things, at 1 stage i was doing work there for about 3days straight and he took me out to coffee(which was about 30mins away) in a new VE GTS he was testing.. Many rules were broken that day lol..

Ridge_Glenn.jpg

Other than that ive done the usual meet and greet with alot of TV Show actors from Channel 10, i was onset at Ocean Girl for some episodes so i got to see a stack of celebs, I also was doing work at Channel 9/10 so i saw in the hallways celebs going to Rove and that kind of thing..

Outside of work i cant say i dont think i know anybody famous.. but then again when you know somebody you begin to forget about there famous side..

i dont know im personally but i met matt dillon. from "theres something about mary"

saw him at siem reap(cambodia) airport 12 years ago.

i walked up to him and asked if he was matt dillon. lol

and i shook his hand

cameron_diaz6.jpg

partied with members of a band called anberlin a few years ago

was on a plane ride from adl to syd with lamb of god and their crew a few months ago

wayne weidemann was my next door neighbours gardener when i was a kid

partied with members of a band called anberlin a few years ago

was on a plane ride from adl to syd with lamb of god and their crew a few months ago

wayne weidemann was my next door neighbours gardener when i was a kid

And your neighbours are Denzo's cousins, THAT is important hahaha