Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

MMA chat

hendricks vs alves would be good too

I think hendicks should fight condit the look on condits face at the post fight interview when hendricks said he cleared out the division was priceless. But it wont happen with the amount of hype hendicks is now getting after ko'ing everyone he will get his shot as for the weekends card there were sum good fights, gsp fight was good downfall was the sakara fight cant beleive the ref let that many back of the head shots happen i reckon i said illegal blow 3 times before it was stopped.

I love how when cheal was talking shit about Silva, Silva would act all humble and professional,

and now that Silva wants to fight gsp theres no trace of a humble personality in him

I don't feel this is a fair statement. When has Silva not been humble regarding GSP? He said he wants to fight him because he's one of the best fighters in the UFC and it would be the biggest fight in UFC history. This has always been the ultimate fight up until a year ago when Jones got into the spotlight. Silva isn't calling out GSP or being disrespectful, he just thinks the time is right for this super fight to happen. Just because GSP vs Silva will happen, doesn't mean Silva vs Jones won't. It's very possible Silva is avoiding this fight to hype it up later.

People need to remember we'll be lucky to see GSP vs Silva. In boxing this would never happen. Yes, I want to see Jones vs Silva more than anyone, but don't be greedy, it will happen when the time is right.

Edited by steveP

Silva fan boy much?? lol

I think its funny how Silva was all coy about fighting Jones and correct me if wrong said he didn't want to fight him?? Yet when given the option of fighting a smaller guy who clearly he dominates for size he is all for it and talking the fight up as much as possible. Cmon man surely your not that one eyed to see why he wants to fight GSP that much!?.

I dont blame GSP for not being overly keen on the idea, Silva is much bigger and stronger than him. A very hard fight.

I'd love to have seen Silva that keen on a fight with Jones when it was first mentioned...

But everyone is acting like the Silva vs Jones fight has been in the works for a while and he's just made up an excuse to fight GSP all of a sudden. The GSP vs Silva fight has been in the making for years and the timing is finally right. There will always be new opponents that come up and take bit of the spotlight. At the moment it's Jones, back in UFC 90 it was Patrick Cote, in a year's time it could be Glover Teixeira going down a weight class or Rory MacDonald going up. Just let this fight happen and worry about future fights later.

Like I've said before, I'm no Silva fanboy. I was cheering for Sonnen when they fought both times. But everyone is calling him a coward yet stepping up and fighting everyone that's been put in front of him. Even going up a weight class a few times. GSP nor Jones have done that yet. He's the best fighter of all time and people want him to be their puppet. Let him have some say in his fights, he's earned it.

Edited by steveP

Theres no question about it, silva would bash gsp.

^^Yep. GSP cant finish welterweights and here Anderson is dropping middleweights. Admittedly GSP did fight a smaller BJ Penn so fighting a larger opponent isnt uncalled for but the size difference is a lot bigger.

Thing is at the end of the day we will still all watch the fight and Dana knows it $$$

Theres no question about it, silva would bash gsp.

Hence he wants the fight. He's had years to become interested in it, it's only now that his precious record is under threat via a brutal loss to Jones that he's suddenly interested in fighting GSP.

Am I the only one that thinks GSP would beat Silva?

Sonnen showed how to beat Silva and GSP is one of the best at doing it.

He also has the speed and explosivness to deal with Silva's range.

If you think he will walk over GSP you are all on drugs.

It really depends on weight. If GSP went up to 185, Silva would feel natural and GSP is in untested waters. Bit of a mismatch. If Silva dropped to 170, things get interesting as no doubt the weight cut will impact Silva, and GSP's strength of wrestling will be a huge factor. I agree that it will be much closer than lots of people make out. In reality, there isn't much in 170 vs 185. Fighters flip between weight classes and there's no significant difference.

The comparison with Sonnen though is a little different. He's pretty much a light heavyweight dropping down to 185. Imagine if it was Sonnen vs GSP. There's no way I could see GSP having a chance.

It really depends on weight. If GSP went up to 185, Silva would feel natural and GSP is in untested waters. Bit of a mismatch. If Silva dropped to 170, things get interesting as no doubt the weight cut will impact Silva, and GSP's strength of wrestling will be a huge factor. I agree that it will be much closer than lots of people make out. In reality, there isn't much in 170 vs 185. Fighters flip between weight classes and there's no significant difference.

The comparison with Sonnen though is a little different. He's pretty much a light heavyweight dropping down to 185. Imagine if it was Sonnen vs GSP. There's no way I could see GSP having a chance.

I was thinking more of the tactics that Sonnen used. Basically just bullied him around the cage. Silva didnt handle that too well. Purely on stratagy and game plan my money is goin on GSP he is a lot smarter a fighter IMO

That is the intrigue that Dana is banking on, people will watch just out of intrigue alone.

Not sure if he will bash him but there is a reason why GSP is apprehensive and Silva is all for it....

Yeah, because GSP just came back from a 16 month layoff and had a brutal fight less than a week away. The last thing he would've been thinking of was a super fight. Also in the last 16 months the 170 division has improved. It wen't from GSP clearing it out to there being some top contenders. Where Silva has pretty much cleaned out the division and is an active fighter.

Dont get me wrong I want gsp to win but GSP will have to finish if he wants to win.

I think he needs atleast another fight before he does the super fight.

I sound like the biggest GSP fanboy haha

Stylistically Silva v Jones would be wayyyyyy better to watch IMO

Who's been watching The Smashes and TUF 16?

Interesting read.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/26/3692332/georges-st-pierre-anderson-silva-fight-will-happen-when-the-time-is

Basically GSP is saying that he will fight Silva, but when he's ready, which isn't now. He thinks Silva is planning retirement and only wants the fight to go out in a super fight. Interesting to also see that GSP makes 15 million a year outside of his UFC contract.

Interesting read.

http://www.mmafighti...hen-the-time-is

Basically GSP is saying that he will fight Silva, but when he's ready, which isn't now. He thinks Silva is planning retirement and only wants the fight to go out in a super fight. Interesting to also see that GSP makes 15 million a year outside of his UFC contract.

Good on him.

I hope silva reads the "im not scared of him" comment

From what i gather, gsp wants fight diaz, then go up and dominate silvas weight class.

I don't think he wants to go up anymore. There's plenty of contenders in that weight class now. Like he said, if he puts on muscle to fight Silva, there's no way he could make a 170 cut anymore. Apparently he walks around at 188 and Silva walks around at 230. I think those numbers are a little bogus though as I'm surprised GSP doesn't walk around heavier. Also I don't see the problem with just not cutting as much for a catch weight fight.

He is being quite smart about it and seems to have figured it out (well in his mind). He realises Silva wants the fight now (possibly due to retirement and it suits him) but he is not ready having only had 1 fight in 18months. He wants to fight Hendricks and Diaz who are much better opponents for him (despite his one punch wonders lets not forget Hendricks only just beat Koscheck). So good on him for pushing back. I'm sure Dana would hate it.

Edited by Wrexy

I'm going for Cain to regain his title.

There's so many events before 155 though. What about this weekend?

I think the Shogun vs Gus match will be awesome. We'll be able to see if Gus will live up to the hype and destroy Shogun, or the old Shogun is back, which I doubt.

I'm also looking forward to Henderson beating Diaz so he can have a cry and want to quit MMA like his brother for losing.

I personally like the Diaz brothers :lol: more so for their fighting style, not so much out of cage antics. They are both well rounded fighters and you don't win titles if you aren't good.

It'll be interesting to.see how Henderson can handle Diaz's style.

I'm fairly excited to see Maynard V Lauzon. Always liked watching Lauzon fight and Maynard is a tuffcunt.

Yeah this weekend's card looks really good will be hitting the pub for this one. Personally hope Hendo wins, I like the way the Diaz boys fight but there attitude is terrible even more so with Nate and his thug like antic's.

The only reason I enjoy watching the diaz brothers is because there trouble makers.

Interesting to see how there attitude messes with their opponents heads in a fight.

Henderson

Mcdonald

Shogun