Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

MMA chat

Marcus levesseur vs abel trujilo was war!!

cant believe these guys are lightweight too, they looked huge

^^^ Yeah I agree, was an awesome prelim fight. Classic striker vs grappler. The Siver (german ninja turtle) vs Phan match was great too.

The BJ Penn vs Rory fight went as expected. He was just too big and athletic for BJ. But BJ did a good job and made him work hard.

Shogun vs Gus fight really took Gus to a new level. Shogun, on the cusp of a title shot was made to look like a middle tier guy. Also Gus has an awesome chip. Shogun hit him with some heavy hands and it didn't even phase him.

The Henderson/Diaz fight was the best on the card. Henderson is such a smart fighter. Right from the get go he was on Diaz, and Diaz wasn't able to get his rhythm. Diaz was on the back foot the whole fight. The Diaz bros fight so stupidly. They make their opponent engage, which results in them getting hit in the face. The only chance of Diaz winning was via submission and Henderson was far too strong to get caught up in anything.

This made me lol.

http://youtu.be/kjnHcS_ExuQ

Edited by steveP

what was with the toothpick.doubt he had it in his mouth the whole fight

Edited by Wrexy

Looking at replays, you can definitely see a toothpick. Dana White was shocked in the post interview. He didn't seem too angry though, but said it will be checked for next time.

thats crazy lol

mopped the floor with nate, while having a toothpick in his mouth hahaha

Was a stacked card with some big knockouts!

Rua always seems 'unfit'. He just goes hard and then seems to run out of gas. Im glad he lost cause seeing him get smashed again by Jones was not appealing. Agree Gustaffson looked very good and he deserves a shot.

BJ was crazy to take on the fight with McDonald.

BJ needs to retire.

LUw5h.png

When you're losing so badly that the only thing you can do is pray that your opponent doesn't know how to get out of a leg lock and flip him the bird.... It was enjoyable watching the cocky little pigeon chested retard (apologies to retards) get shown that he has no place contending the belt.

The Diaz brothers have one style and hype, that's it. Punches in bunches, they have no ability to adapt their game plan and will never be champions as a result.

Haha the sport needs the likes of the Diaz brothers and even Sonnen they boost ratings and makes it fairly interesting. You could tell Benson getting annoyed with it all which was Nate gameplay. As long as they show good sportsman ship at the end of it all then all's fair

Diaz' and Sonnen are different though, Sonnen does it to sell fights, he's smart enough to know what he's doing. The Diaz boys think everything is a schoolyard brawl and need to feel offended or pissed off at their opponent to fight them because they're mentally about 15 combined. Henderson was getting annoyed but not so much that he lost his cool, if anything it just motivated him more. Pretty shit tactics to persist with if your opponent is mentally stronger than you, just made Nate look like a petulent child.

^^^ Lol 100% agree. The Diaz' aren't doing it for marketing hype, they genuinely believe they're the white gangsters of mma. Either way, they're entertaining as hell, which is why they have so many fans. Well mostly people wanting to see them get beat up.

Henderson said in a post fight interview he trained in handling the shit talk. He got his training partners to randomly insult him in sparring.

Nate's face is going to be looking pretty horrible about now. Henderson did a number on it. Actually, he probably now looks like his brother.

They only do that shit to convince them selves that the opponent is the enemy.

And it worked with cerrone.

Only thing is I'm surprised fighters haven't picked up on it yet.

When they squared off after the weigh ins I thought Henderson would have smiled or did something other then get serious and play the Diaz game

george vs ross :wheelchair:

Edited by Wrexy

Nelson defeated Mitrione at TUF 16 Finale. Give him a title shot lol, especially if Cain wins !!!!

Speaking of which UFC 155 coming up soon. Cain or Dos Santos - I reckon Dos Santos punching power will be too much unless Cain can get it down and make it a MMA match!!!

Dos Santos saying Overeem is made in a lab lol

http://www.mmanews.com/news/90886

Cant wait for 155. it will be a true battle as cain is coming to kill. look at what he did to big foot.

And overeem gets to fight the winner. could not be more happier :)

Am I the only person who thinks JDS is over rated? Yeah he has good hands and take down defense. But he doesn't have one punch KO power like Nelson and as far as we know, not a strong ground game. I think Cain will destroy him this time around. I see JDS and Cain fighting many times in their career like Couture and Sylvia.

I dont understand why people are so confident Cain will take the win. I think everyone has put too much stock in Cains win over Bigfoot. Bigfoot isnt exactly top tier. Everything so far points to the fact JDS will win again. Show me a fight where JDS doesnt land multiple big hits, show me a fight where JDS has been taken down and most importantly kept down. Carwin couldnt get JDS down and I wouldnt rate Cain as a significantly better wrestler than Carwin.

No shame in not being able to KO Nelson that guy has an iron chin and Carwin took a fking beating - most of JDS' other fights have ended in KO/TKO. Cain has shown weakness in his chin before and it will be put to the test once again. JDS trains with the Nog brothers - his BJJ is going to be fine. That fact we dont see him use it is a smart choice tbh. Getting hit by heavyweights is risky business and you dont want to get trapped by someones wresting or fluke sub. The standard level of BJJ in MMA is vastly higher than the old days and its much harder to get subs. Not to mention the judges aren't going to give you points for almost getting subs as opposed to landing strikes.

Tell me how you think Cain will win?

I think JDS' TDD and fighter IQ will mean Cain cant get him down or at minimum will make it difficult (meaning Cain will take multiple hits on his suspect chin trying). Leaving the fight largely on its feet. Cains striking is crisp but JDS chin hasnt shown really any weaknesses so far.

Dont get me wrong Cain is more than capable of winning its just that the evidence isnt pointing to that IMO.

I was giving Cain a huge advantage in their first fight. So even though the Big Foot fight was impressive, I'm not using that as the deal breaker. Don't forget he was unbeaten until the JDS fight. Not to make excuses, but he had a knee injury in that fight and made a mistake which ended up with him getting caught with a punch behind the ear. It happens all the time in MMA. I think he's the best wrestler in the HW division by far. He threw Lesnar around like a light weight and has consistently controller larger guys and out worked them. There's no doubt JDS has better stand up. But Cain hits hard and is only a quick combination from a TKO finish. I think if the fight does go to the ground, Cain's ground and pound will be too much for JDS.

I guess I'm just dissapointed the first fight was over so quick with a flash TKO and we didn't get to see both fighters' strengths.

Edited by steveP

JDS by TKO.

Is anyone going to get the pay per view on main event?

PPVZONE.com if anyone wants to watch the fight.

:thumb:

Wow... The Cain believers got it right. His relentless pressure was impressive, just kept moving forward. Mentally dominated JDS from the get go. I think I didnt have enough faith in Cain's chin. It had shown weakness before but I think the placement of the punch (near the back of the head) in their first fight may have been the reason for the KO - rather than a weak chin.

Strange performance by JDS though. It looked as if he wasnt ready to handle Cains pressure and getting dropped in the first probably didnt help either.

I assume Cain vs Overreem is next. nfi who is going to win. On paper the Reem should beat all, but looked average against Werdum.

*edit

jdsface.gif

Edited by stupidlikeafox

What did everyone think for the last card of the year? It started pretty slow; I was expecting more from Leben. The Miller and Lauzon fight was crazy. Could have easily watched another round or two. Miller is in kind of a weird position now. Henderson already beat him, and he just got beat by the ex number one contender. So it's going to be hard to push for a title shot anytime soon.

The main event was awesome. The first two rounds I was on the edge of my seat. Anything could have happened, but then is soon became clear Cain was going to do what Cain does best, push a pace no one can handle. I would have given Cain 10/8 for the first two rounds. He gave JDS a beating like no one before. His face was a mess and he looked like a monster lol. In a post fight interview, Dana White said he was taken straight to the hospital with a suspected broken jaw.

Edited by steveP

It had shown weakness before but I think the placement of the punch (near the back of the head) in their first fight may have been the reason for the KO - rather than a weak chin.

Strange performance by JDS though. It looked as if he wasnt ready to handle Cains pressure and getting dropped in the first probably didnt help either.

I assume Cain vs Overreem is next. nfi who is going to win. On paper the Reem should beat all, but looked average against Werdum.

Yeah It was an awkward punch in the first fight. It definitely wasn't a clean hit to the head. But in this fight Cain took a few punches and body shots and it didn't phase him. I know using an injury is a common excuse, but Cain claimed he was having knee issues in his first fight which affected his game plan. He certainly looked like a different fighter today.

I think Overeem will be next, if he wins. If Big Foot wins, it's another awkward situation where it's going to be hard to push for a title shot when he got dominated by Cain. Maybe Werdum after he finishes with TUF Brazil. I guess things need to play out a bit.

Edited by steveP

102_Junior_Dos_Santos_vs_Cain_Velasquez_gallery_post.jpg

109_Jim_Miller_vs_Joe_Lauzon_gallery_post.jpg

Edited by steveP

Spewing Joe lauzon? Lost he's got some crazy flying bjj skills.

Good that Cain won hes a proper champ. But fk jds has some serious take down defence.

I think overeem will be Cains hardest fight. Would be good to see Cain vs Shane carwin too

Far out!

Miller was an animal. Cant believe the stand up he showed with both power and technique. I felt for Lauzon as I wanted him to win and he showed massive guts and heart to get to the decision. Top fight.

The main event was a thriller as well. I was massively disappointed by JDS. As likeafox said, he seemed to be very hesitant in the first and let Cain come at him too often. Didn't seem to let his hands go and as result was on the back foot the whole fight. Credit to Cain as he was relentless and just dominated. I have to say though he looked silly at first for firing in from way outside and missing but after a while it paid off and JDS had no answer. Cain didn't finish it though and it would have been better if he did.

I read Dana said that JDS fights the winner of Overeem / Silva, so that would be interesting. That might change if Overeem demolishes him and earns a title shot. Not sure what next for Cain if that is the case... Big Country lol

JDS could be out for a while though depending on his injuries. If he has a broken jaw, it will need to be wired shut for a while.

certainly no doubt anymore about jds's chin

certainly no doubt anymore about jds's chin

Was I seeing things or did he just stand there and let Cain punch him?? Seriously, at one point he had his hands down and made no attempt to attack or defend himself as Cain was unloading.