Sign in to follow this  
nate32

Abandoned/Haunted Places In S.A

went to shniders alley last night hardly scary at all...

wheres this place up at hindmarsh island sounds interesting..

anyone else found any abandoned buildings or scary places to go?

I went to the haunted house in Greenwith with my mates and this happen you don't have to believe me but i swear on my life that the bellow is all true and definitely worth the read.

The House In Greenwith by Thomas Betts

So Jess my girlfriend, Holly, James and myself bored out of our skulls one night decided to suss out the old haunted house in Greenwith, we all piled into my 34 and off we went for some creepy cheap thrills.

It was late when we arrived at the house which was surprisingly well lit now that the council had stuck large florescent lights around it, I noticed they had also taken the time to board up the windows and doors.

Looking at the house from the outside really wasn't scary at all and I felt quite comfortable walking around it trying to find a way in.

We finally found a open window that was easily accessible and decided that this would be the entry point. I turned my torch on and shone the light inside the house to scope out what we were about to climb into.

The inside of the house seemed obviously neglected and after many years of greased up teenage kids trashing the inside I was amazed it was in such good condition. There was the obvious local gangland graffiti upon the walls and a moderately large sized whole in the floor showing a dark bellow ground basement. I Laughed to myself at the thought of being in a creepy old house then suddenly falling through the floor while at the same time hopping the same thing wouldn’t happen to us.

Once I was confident the house was free of the homeless and able to accommodate our short visit we started to climb through the window.

The window was quite tall and around shoulder height off the ground however once I found my footing it was relatively easy to get into.

The first thing I noticed when I was in the main room was a beautiful fireplace to my right and the ceilings where tall with their intricate designs along the edges making me wonder who would of left such a beautiful house to be treated like this.

I turned to see my poor little girlfriend struggling her way through the window so I gave her a hand into the main room.

The house was very cold and I noticed this even when I put my hand in the window with my torch but James just assured me it was due to the house being made from concrete and it was a cold night anyway, It made sense but it was still much colder in the house then outside.

While my other friends were making their way in through the window I started to look around the room i was in, as I peered down the whole in the floor out the corner of my eye I seen something flash in the left corner of the main room which I thought nothing of and put it down to a simple reflection of my own torch but then it happened again and it was brighter. I quickly shone my torch in the direction I seen something and seen nothing but a dusty corner next to the right hand side of the front door.

As I turned my torch away he appeared again but it was clear as day a white glowing old man with a short white beard. Tall and slender he sat hunched over in that same corner I had just shone my torch over. He didn't move, speak or leave he just sat crouched with his arms up and hands near his face staring directly at me and my partner. My body froze and for a split second I was unable to move or speak as he stared at me for what felt like a eternity.

I couldn’t believe what was happening i gathered my all my strength and managed to once again shine my light in that very same corner in hope that I was imagining it. The second the light shone across the man he vanished and was not there but when I took the light off him he was still there staring.

I immediately told the others "We need to leave right now," as I held my light across were the man was crouched in some poor attempt to make him go away.

My girlfriend who had also seen the man immediately jumped out the window and found herself in a prickle bush i walked steadily back and acknowledged the man by saying its ok i seen you and were leaving. I could feel the man breath on the back of my neck leaving my hairs standing straight up I felt as tho he wanted me to leave right that second i could feel his anger.

Once I was out the window the feeling of his presence stopped but I was still shocked and confused at what had just happened.

We all ran back to the car and quickly left .

This was my account of what happen and I swear on my life not a single word of this is edited or exaggerated in any way and I have 3 more people to back this story up. You don’t have to believe me and I’m not physic I’m just a normal person that now well and truly believes that there is more to this world than what we know and I will always remember the night at the house in Greenwith.

Thanks for taking the time reading my story.

Tom B

That's some sketchy shit man.

A few of my mates have seen some pretty weird shit out in the hills.

Schneiders Alley is boring.

Me and some mates are going too suss out old abandoned train tunnels near Coromandel and Blackwood etc. There is a few boarded up ones and a few now privately owned with stuff inside. Aparently the defence force used too own them or something. Maybe some interesting stuff inside?

I'm sure I've said it before on here but that house in Greenwith isn't haunted I live over the back from it, I've walked past it a million times and have seen nothing in the day or night. You should be warned about going in it though, it's boarded up for a reason. There was a fire in the basement a few years ago and now the floors arnt safe and shouldn't be walked on. Sometime in the near future (so the council tells the neighbours) it will be gutted on the inside and turned into offices or something. And if you have to go there for a look go during the day cause at night time people get very pissed off while young idiots are climbing through fenced off properties while there trying to sleep.

Me and some mates are going too suss out old abandoned train tunnels near Coromandel and Blackwood etc. There is a few boarded up ones and a few now privately owned with stuff inside. Aparently the defence force used too own them or something. Maybe some interesting stuff inside?

The old tunnels are owned by commercial mushroom farmers. Nothing to see there anymore.

Me and some mates went through a faze of going to haunted places on fridays haha. Schnidlers is boring. The fireman statue is complete shit. Anything good to suss?

What about the Kapunda Cemetery that's the next place That my mates and i are planning to check out or the Old Adelaide Jail ghost tours are supposed to be alright.

Let's get that organised dude ^

Anyone else on here wanna join?

Let's get that organised dude ^ Anyone else on here wanna join?

Im very keen but we are limited to 20 in a group so the positions would be very limited but we need to go to kapunda very soon

What about the Kapunda Cemetery that's the next place That my mates and i are planning to check out or the Old Adelaide Jail ghost tours are supposed to be alright.

Nah fk that, I've worked two soundwaves there and we clean up inside the jail after the concert (all the bands/artists stay in the cells in the jail, very cool). So much weird shit has happened while we've been packing up, random doors shutting, hearing hushed voices from empty cells, flickering lights etc etc. I swear a ghost came up and talked to me while I was in the grass area of the jail in pitch black by myself packing up chairs, talked to me for about 3 minutes about how he was in a band and they were smoking up (weed) in the cells then he went off, came back and realised that all the artists had left either by their bus or by their plane at least an hour earlier. Later on while clearing the cells I heard the rankest strongest smell of marijuana I'd ever heard, but we searched every room in the wing and they were all completely empty. Like this was the strongest weed smell I'd ever f**king smelt and there was NOBODY around except me and my coworkers. Good shit

I might make a call to find out if they still do the sleep over thing at jail

Nah fk that, I've worked two soundwaves there and we clean up inside the jail after the concert (all the bands/artists stay in the cells in the jail, very cool). So much weird shit has happened while we've been packing up, random doors shutting, hearing hushed voices from empty cells, flickering lights etc etc. I swear a ghost came up and talked to me while I was in the grass area of the jail in pitch black by myself packing up chairs, talked to me for about 3 minutes about how he was in a band and they were smoking up (weed) in the cells then he went off, came back and realised that all the artists had left either by their bus or by their plane at least an hour earlier. Later on while clearing the cells I heard the rankest strongest smell of marijuana I'd ever heard, but we searched every room in the wing and they were all completely empty. Like this was the strongest weed smell I'd ever f**king smelt and there was NOBODY around except me and my coworkers. Good shit

lol.

sounds legit.

He said it sounded like a horrible smell. There's no reason to disbelieve him.

I know I'm dredging up an old Thread but this popped up when I was searching 'haunted places in SA' and I've got to tell the people with doubts about being chased by people at the " witches" house... This is/was 100% true it happened to myself and my friends one night and they sped after us for some time and as young silly teens it was pretty scary at the time!