Sign in to follow this  
Andre#17!

Removing a turbo from an s15

Hey guys, I really love the look of s15s and they've always been one of my favorite cars. Theres one that i really love the look of with low ks selling for a decent price but the problem is that it's turbo and I'm on my P's. Is it possible to take out the turbo and put it back in later? Thanks guys. Sorry if I've repeated someones topic. I'm new to the forums.

u can buy a non turbo s15, if u just remove the turbo it will run badly...another option is to drop a non turbo s15 motor n ecu in..if u were to sell the s15 turbo motor it would almost fund the exchange if a merchanic was to do the swap

You're better off looking for an Autech S15 and just upgrade later on to turbo if you want.

Trust me, not worth the trouble of buying a new car and hacking away at it doing a non-turbo conversion cos u like the look. Not worth the headaches.

Otherwise if you really insist on the s15 look, just find yourself a non-turbo 180/silvia (which you will be able to buy for a small fraction of the price of an s15) and do an s15 front end conversion which should cost you no more than $3-4k tops.

I got an autech s15 and I've also driven a spec s s15 autechs are quick for p plate cars don't bother with spec s so boring. Just save up a bit more and buy an autech

S15 Autech's are non turbo S15's and you could alway sell it later and buy a turbo one later!

S15 Autech's are non turbo S15's and you could alway sell it later and buy a turbo one later!

and on this note autechs can usually sell for the same price as spec rs so they hold there value alot better than spec s

Mate seriously,

Ask yourself what you want IN THE LONG RUN.

Do you just want a looks car?

Or will you want a turbo sports/performance car?

Have you driven a turbo car before?

If no, once you do, you most likely will want a turbo, as would everyone else

Trust me when i tell you that you don't want to buy something with plans to change to it to a turbo, or change anything for that matter, later on down the track

Because 9 times out of 10, it won't happen.

Once you see how much is involved, how much money it costs, circumstances won't allow you to, etc etc etc

And the result is, you'll end up HATING the car.

Buy it once, and buy it the way you want

Make sure you like the colour, bodykit, interior, rims, whatever

You have to be happy with it that way you buy it

If you buy the autech, you'll start modifying it, changing things, you start liking it, and won't want to sell to buy turbo

The only problem is that if you want a turbo on it, you'll be spending alot of money to convert it.

Have patience, save your money, and when you're off P's, get yourself what you like.

Just my 2c

just buy the turbo and dont drive it like a tosser...

and if your worried about it keep stock smic and exhaust. ive never been picked up for my 180, just dont draw attention to yourself.

Mate seriously,

Ask yourself what you want IN THE LONG RUN.

Do you just want a looks car?

Or will you want a turbo sports/performance car?

Have you driven a turbo car before?

If no, once you do, you most likely will want a turbo, as would everyone else

Trust me when i tell you that you don't want to buy something with plans to change to it to a turbo, or change anything for that matter, later on down the track

Because 9 times out of 10, it won't happen.

Once you see how much is involved, how much money it costs, circumstances won't allow you to, etc etc etc

And the result is, you'll end up HATING the car.

Buy it once, and buy it the way you want

Make sure you like the colour, bodykit, interior, rims, whatever

You have to be happy with it that way you buy it

If you buy the autech, you'll start modifying it, changing things, you start liking it, and won't want to sell to buy turbo

The only problem is that if you want a turbo on it, you'll be spending alot of money to convert it.

Have patience, save your money, and when you're off P's, get yourself what you like.

Just my 2c

well said bro

i always laugh at the people that say you wont get caught ect

drove mine around the for 5 min got pulled over, red labled and 3 month suspension

its just a matter of time

just buy a NA s13 or a honda

i always laugh at the people that say you wont get caught ect

drove mine around the for 5 min got pulled over, red labled and 3 month suspension

its just a matter of time

just buy a NA s13 or a honda

5 mins! You live next to a cop shop? That's some serious bad luck.

living next to a cop shop is nearly the best place to be....they rarely sh*t in their own street.

if your refering to my post locky, i didnt say you wont get caught. you got f**ked because you live in sydney... but if you want the 15 so bad and want it now, then to go thro the pointless exercise of removing the turbo while on p's its not worth it. ive had mine for very close to 1 year now and it even went without a front bar for 2 months and ive never got anything... not saying i wont get caught tho.

If u get caught, just try to talk ur way out. Act dumb, say this is ur first car and u just bought it cos its a sports car and u like the look. Say u dont even know what the hell a turbo is or does... My brother drove a 180 for the 3 years on his P's and he got pulled over twice. Both times he did the same thing, first time he got off without anything and second time he just got a small fine, didn't even lose any points.

Just keep the car stock while on ur P's. When u start modding it, dumping it and adding wheels etc, then thats when ur gonna have some issues. Stock car and act dumb, easy.

If u get caught, just try to talk ur way out. Act dumb, say this is ur first car and u just bought it cos its a sports car and u like the look. Say u dont even know what the hell a turbo is or does... My brother drove a 180 for the 3 years on his P's and he got pulled over twice. Both times he did the same thing, first time he got off without anything and second time he just got a small fine, didn't even lose any points.

Just keep the car stock while on ur P's. When u start modding it, dumping it and adding wheels etc, then thats when ur gonna have some issues. Stock car and act dumb, easy.

Sorry mate, but i'm going to have to disagree with you on driving a turbo on P's for the full length.

The fact is, THERE ARE TOO MANY P PLATERS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE

Thats not a bad thing, its just due to lack of experience.

And if you have a turbo, surely you'll want to run higher boost.

P-Plater + Overconfidence + Turbo = Stacking car into a wall, tree, or ditch

No disrespect to the OP or anyone else starting off, i don't know you or what you're like on the road, or how experienced you are,

But the inexperience of someone starting off, will result in not knowing how to handle the car, especially when it comes on boost.

Add some rain, cheap tyres, and you'll see yourself on the opposite side of the road, facing on-coming traffic

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying everyone sucks at driving

But you don't want to injure yourself or damage your car due to a lack of experience

Trust me, you don't want to see your $20, 000 (or so) car being pulled out of a ditch and towed away never to be seen

Its up to you what you do and how you drive.

With any car, just don't be stupid.

no i actually live like 1.5 hours out of sydne in the sticks

i was taking my 14 for a spin after putting coilovers in it 2 days after i got it

cop saw me and had nothing better on,

pulled me over= game over

had to sell my NA s13 because i could afford 2 cars and no job for 3 months

ah sorry thought u were closer in, bought a wing off ur work mate from ingleburn so thought u were close to there.

i used to hav a 14 and lived right in town in wollongong and never got pulled up, im guessing its also driving style and time you choose to drive. did you hav ur P's on when you got pulled up locky?

Why is it that people get the "no turbo" bit of the p-plate laws but ignore the second part - NO MODIFICATIONS !!!

And its NO modifications, not "you can modify it, but only to make it less powerful"

Being caught and losing your licence / fined / etc is also the least of your worries - have an accident and see what the insurance company says. You will have no cover whatsoever, for your car or for whatever you hit. Fancy paying off potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars (depending on what you hit - expensive car, injur someone, smash through the front of a house, etc, etc) for years to come ?

You may be lucky, want to take the risk ?