Sign in to follow this  
northsideimports

n/a TALK <<

hahah

Yea i was abit slack with videos, never remembered or had time to get a hd or dslr ect.

It will be at the track..

But im now going back to a 13 yes.gif

Let the plans BEGIN

that primal garage silvia was pretty :P

what's the problem with registering it in NSW though? whereabouts is it at the moment?

It was a personal import so didn't have any tags/plate so pretty sure it needs engineer's cert to register it.

does anyone know if holden diff gears (rack and pinion) fit on r200 lsds?? done a bit of a search but didnt find much, they look like they would.

also does a sr motor connect to a ca box?

and does anyone here get a "ting" sound from the front coilovers when turning the wheel when going under 10ks? ive adjusted the height and stuff several times and played with everything but it just keeps doing it... sounds like a spring twisting under pressure kinda

done a skid in a colder sack when i was leaving a mates place the other day, made a bit of noise and some smoke ;) next thing i know i got a text from my mate saying "one of the neighbors just saw your skid and thought they should mention that a cop lives in the house you just did it infront of lol" :S

im so full of questions :P

Ting sounds is probably just the spring twisting. My old silvia used to do it too, never found a way to fix it but it didnt bother me.

CA box won't bolt to an SR, same goes the other way around but you can just change over the bellhousings and it will bolt. One of my mates bought a CA bellhousing for about $40 or $50 so it's not too much, saves you buyin a whole gearbox!

Noidea about the diff gears. Best option is to talk to a diff and trans place

ok cheers "yo_mang' :)

was thinking about an sr conversion cause the motors are cheap as and got alot of free time on my hands now haha, but the box costs more than the motor unless i find a bell housing for cheap.

any idea on how much i could sell a ca18de for? and possibly the box with it, got 200,000km on it :S has splitfire coilpacks and extractors, unless ca extractors fit on sr s??

that primal garage silvia was pretty :P

what's the problem with registering it in NSW though? whereabouts is it at the moment?

Issues with the way it's imported and RTA's stupid rules.

It was a personal import so didn't have any tags/plate so pretty sure it needs engineer's cert to register it.

Kind of close lol

heres my semi N/A 180, needs little work and an engine change, will look extra nice with some oldschool meshies :)

IMAG0066.jpg

heres my semi N/A 180, needs little work and an engine change, will look extra nice with some oldschool meshies :)

IMAG0066.jpg

Other then that front bar, me likey :P

Nice car Pheonix :) but yeah.. lol get rid of the front car but it looks mad bud.

and does anyone here get a "ting" sound from the front coilovers when turning the wheel when going under 10ks?

Sounds like the strut top bearings aren't turning freely. Might wanna check that out

This NA NSW meet ever going to happen lol

i'm not allowed to go anymore :P

I'd say so, but I think I'm going to win maccas Ispy so worth a question :)

I'd say so, but I think I'm going to win maccas Ispy so worth a question :)

Not trying to dis your work but if its going to be basically the same as a autech engine then why should we buy yours for around 4k when surely autech engine go for cheaper?

Again dont take this in a bad way, really just curious?

because an autech engine isnt brand new isnt ported and polished and doesnt run as big of cam specs or come with a greddy inlet manifold. i have seen people selling 10 year old autech engines for 2.8k with over 100,000km on the clock. Its sort of like saying why would you buy a brand new fresh rebuilt sr20det with some bigger cams and aftermarket manifold for 3-4k when a second hand det can be picked up as little as 800 bucks. This engine should work better than an autech with port work, better manifold and bigger cams but the vtc also has good gains which this one will not. So to use a s15 autech you would also need the computer and loom and then a retune, this will only require a retune of your standard ecu. Its completely up to you mate some people like risking it for a biscuit with unknown second hand engines for a saving of 1k when spending 3k already, some people would rather know they have a fresh engine which will last them another 10-20 years. also note there will be a discount for an engine swap as well.

veryyyy true^^^

because an autech engine isnt brand new isnt ported and polished and doesnt run as big of cam specs or come with a greddy inlet manifold. i have seen people selling 10 year old autech engines for 2.8k with over 100,000km on the clock. Its sort of like saying why would you buy a brand new fresh rebuilt sr20det with some bigger cams and aftermarket manifold for 3-4k when a second hand det can be picked up as little as 800 bucks. This engine should work better than an autech with port work, better manifold and bigger cams but the vtc also has good gains which this one will not. So to use a s15 autech you would also need the computer and loom and then a retune, this will only require a retune of your standard ecu. Its completely up to you mate some people like risking it for a biscuit with unknown second hand engines for a saving of 1k when spending 3k already, some people would rather know they have a fresh engine which will last them another 10-20 years. also note there will be a discount for an engine swap as well.

Would be quicker than most N/As thats for sure. Good price for a fresh engine really

Finally got around to putting up a build thread for mine

http://www.nissansilvia.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=511217&st=0&p=6416363entry6416363

Does anyone know exactly how many cc S13 SR20DE Injectors are supposed to be...or have had a flow test done?

My trip computer requires you to input the injector size and I have slowly increased the value to around 265cc and it still seems to use more fuel than it's telling me (around 5-7 litres per tank). I'm wondering if I am losing fuel through leaky o rings or other, or whether they are a bit higher than the quoted figure. I've seen them listed as anywhere from 250cc-270cc...but most say 250 or 255cc. I guess they would vary a bit as well, but to within what kind of tolerance?

I'm going to put some bigger 370cc or 440cc ones in down the track, get them cleaned/flow tested/new o rings etc and adjust the maps in my ECU to run properly, but if I am losing fuel because of a leak there, I want to do it sooner rather than later

Edited by MILK-13

Ok cheers...anywhere else I should look to find the culprit then? There is nothing obvious or out of place, no fuel smell, it runs fine and the tank seems to be sealed well too. I would have thought if the ecu knows the duty cycle and I'm telling this thing the correct size there's no reason it would be inaccurate. Where is my fuel going?

Usually 450-500 between fills. Depends if I believe my mechanical gauge or the ecutalk. Ecutalk seems to be around 20ks out (behind) per fill. I'm not overly concerned the economy is bad, I just want my ecutalk to tell me an accurate usage figure without telling it the injectors ate bigger than they are

Edited by MILK-13

yeah I definitely have to baby it to get to 500ks. It's amazing how knowing how much you're using alters your driving style :lol: I'll get it dyno'd and get the maps touched up soon though