Sign in to follow this  
northsideimports

n/a TALK <<

i dont have a welder so should i just go get my diff welded or get a r200? and will my stockies with about 50% tread go ok?

just do whatever you can to lock the diff. unless you have $600 for a 2-way

R200s are pretty sucky for drifting, you'll be lucky for most of them to lock up when accellerating and then when you back off they'll start single spinning and you'll end up going straight. it's dangerous.

find someone that knows what they're doing to weld your diff up. it gives you a lot of confidence to throw the car when you know that it's going to spin 2 wheels 100% of the time.

and yeah you should last the whole 4 hours with those tyres and NA power. but depends on treadwear rating of tyres, how much camber etc.

Yeah true, cheers man if i spent $600 on something the missus can't see she'll kill me... i took her to the track for the 1st time so she's getting it slowly :thumb:

thanks for the heads up... what should be a reasonable price to pay for a drive in drive out diff welded job? just so i know unless anyone can recomend someone western sydney?

Annnnd another, looks like a donny build going off the watermark.

558596_496582523702516_1344118177_n.jpg

how hard/expensive is the throttle body setup?

Very to both

You can actually buy off the shelf quads from a place in melbourne

But then you need a comp that can run maf like a haltec + tune

Id say budjet 4-5K

ok another question :P cant find the answer anywhere, if i have a sr20de from a s13 and am doing an autech conversion does anything need to be altered? i have the autech loom and ecu.

wire the engine loom into the body loom

same as putting a turbo 15 motor in a 13 need to wire a lil

Autech engine is completely different to the standard S15 NA engine, let alone to the S13 SR20DE. If you want to do an Autech conversion, you will need the engine to match too. Sorry bud. ;)

Edit:

Someone buy this already;

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h168085207

Edited by normality

Autech engine is completely different to the standard S15 NA engine, let alone to the S13 SR20DE. If you want to do an Autech conversion, you will need the engine to match too. Sorry bud. wink.png

Edit:

Someone buy this already;

http://page8.auction...tion/h168085207

what do you mean need the engine to match? engine to match what?

Autech engine to match Autech ECU and S15 loom.

I realize that you probably already know this, but the way that you typed it made it seem as though you were asking if you could just use your Autech ECU on your S13 engine.

If you weren't asking that, no worries. Just wanted to clarify.

ah ok, yeah the motor comes with its own loom, pretty sure the ecu will either be s14 or 15 but does that matter as they both got the vct?

computer will be different between autech and regular N/A

if you get the ecu chipped and tuned would it be ok? take nistune for example?

awww shit...will the autech at least run with a standard s15 or 14 ecu? or is it not recommended

Seriously not recommended. I don't know if the injectors are the same, but cams and pistons are very different, enough so that if you hooked the engine up to a standard ECU, it would probably idle horribly. Also, the Autech ECU would run a much more aggressive tune, probably netting around 10-15hp by itself there, which you would be throwing away if you were to only use a standard ECU.

I am fairly sure though that you can in-fact niss-tune an S14 NA ECU. Still, if you considering that, I would personally just jump on that auction I linked on the page earlier. NA Power FC's are rare as hell, due to the fact that Apexi never produced any. All (five or so) NA Power FC's in the world began life as a DET ECU, and were modified by AP Engineering on a one-off basis. (My understanding anyway)

So yeah, they are a pretty special thing. :thumb:

Edited by normality

yeah i had a look at that its about $800 AUD if im not wrong? thats cheap as chips!!! i might have a look at that i was planning on getting started with the conversion this weekend is all and just want the car running asap.

Hahaha, fair enough mate, still Jesse works fast! :D

I think it would be like $800-$900 if you just bought it, but if you placed a bid, it could probably be had for closer to $600. If I had a VCT engine, I would be all over that. :P

I may have missed this but what did you do ecu wise to get the nos set up working Komen? You running a sil ecu or aftermarket jobbie?

Haha, well shit. Bling is right, no such thing as a Nistune for an S14 SR20DE.

^^ yeah, i have already gone through it. if i wanted a nisstune i would need to convert to a DET computer, CAS, injectors, rocker cover coilpacks blah blah. waaaay too much effort.

andrew: my setup consists of the following

1: NOS sniper wet kit (about $460 off ebay in melb too) http://www.ebay.com....=item27b7e62732

2: dynotunenitrous.com progressive controller: http://www.dynotunen...p?idproduct=216

3: dynotunenitrous.com bottle heater (pressure controlled): http://www.dynotunen...sp?idproduct=17

4: dynotunenitrous.com liquid filled gauge: http://www.dynotunen...p?idproduct=143

took me about a day to nut out. have to knock the timing back to 11 degrees (with the 50 shot) and run BKR7E spark plugs.

costs about $160 to fill the 10lb bottle.

controller wires into the tps and tach output on the computer. i have it set to spray at full throttle (should only ever be full throttle) between 3000rpm and 6500rpm as you don't want it on the limiter at it will f**k shit up if it backfires :lol:

Edited by blingcommander

Cheers for the info brother, might have to hook something up for shits and giggles. I've got a spare CA in the shed so even of it grenades it'll be a good laugh for a while :lol:

Did any of the bits you got come with decent instructions on wiring the shit up or did you just wing it?

I'll go suss your build thread when I'm not on my phone too :P

had a gander last night i picked up an autech ecu also for 200. whats the difference between the body loom and engine loom for the autech? what alterations to i have to make to the body loom? any ideas guys :D i been researching everywhere, still am as we speak :D

just sell me your autech motor as a package, it will solve your problems ;)