Sign in to follow this  
Kairazy

Softies SA Fishing Thread

all fish bar the carp were returned unharmed. the carp had a brief encounter with a meat cleaver, which in turn kept the yabbie pots stocked up nicely thumbsup.gif

dont tell me your returned the redfin - they are a introduced species lol

Never ever take a girl fishing that says she hasn't been snapper fishing before, first fish 10.5kg. Which absolutely smokes my 8.5kg PB fish

166227_475804431540_518226540_6516948_2963081_n.jpg

The night after this me and the old boy hit the "secret" mulloway beach for the first time. The local who showed us the spot said the best bait there was fresh squid, but due to the amount of christmas holiday boat traffic squid had completely shut down at all our usual haunts where bag outs are normally standard. So instead we took down some frozen tommies and were just using my two 10ft cheapie surf combo's both with 20lb mono spooled on them. cast out about 10-15m where the gutter is deepest and waited, a tiny bit before sunset my old mans rod went of with a huge run. He ran over lifted his rod gave it a solid tug into a solid hook up and it just started peeling line. 20 minutes or so later of fighting it and he had it in the white wash and it was a BIG mully, well and truly over the 20lb of the line we were using. It took off for one last run and my old boy decided to give his drag a slight adjustment, which was a bad idea as this caused a bust off and a few tears of sorrow at a lost fish. :cry:

Apart from one small ST caught that was the only action for the night, will definatly be back there some time soon.

I have posted this before but this is the beach, where the slight white wash and breaking waves are 20m out is a big reef, with a big gutter on the inside with a few rocky out crops throughout. Bit of hidden beach right down the bottom of yorkes, which if I was never shown it I would have never found it and I have driven past it hundreds of times

66935_435947391055_728776055_5632576_2802265_n.jpg

Sounds like a gun spot....

Your oldman isn't a man of many words, but im sure he was cursing and swearing like a champion... :lol:

Mate of mine Caught 2 mulloway in the pat last night just after 11pm first was 85cm second was 93cm also got spooled by another 2,

he was using a live bait suspended under a float. I know where i will be tonight haha.

IMG_6807.jpeg

NICE!!!

Was down the bay yesterday wtih friends for a catch up beer, she looked funny at me when i loaded my bag/rod into her car... :lol:

Didn't end up fishing tho, there was WAY to much eye candy to look at.... :lol:

NICE!!!

Was down the bay yesterday wtih friends for a catch up beer, she looked funny at me when i loaded my bag/rod into her car... :lol:

Didn't end up fishing tho, there was WAY to much eye candy to look at.... :lol:

haha yea it's quite distracting at times haha get sum mint ones walking across the locks where we fish haha.tonguebigeye.gif

tried to upload a pic of the mulloway but isnt letting me ah well i might have to go catch one of my own and take a pic of it haha.

Never ever take a girl fishing that says she hasn't been snapper fishing before, first fish 10.5kg. Which absolutely smokes my 8.5kg PB fish

166227_475804431540_518226540_6516948_2963081_n.jpg

The night after this me and the old boy hit the "secret" mulloway beach for the first time. The local who showed us the spot said the best bait there was fresh squid, but due to the amount of christmas holiday boat traffic squid had completely shut down at all our usual haunts where bag outs are normally standard. So instead we took down some frozen tommies and were just using my two 10ft cheapie surf combo's both with 20lb mono spooled on them. cast out about 10-15m where the gutter is deepest and waited, a tiny bit before sunset my old mans rod went of with a huge run. He ran over lifted his rod gave it a solid tug into a solid hook up and it just started peeling line. 20 minutes or so later of fighting it and he had it in the white wash and it was a BIG mully, well and truly over the 20lb of the line we were using. It took off for one last run and my old boy decided to give his drag a slight adjustment, which was a bad idea as this caused a bust off and a few tears of sorrow at a lost fish. :cry:

Apart from one small ST caught that was the only action for the night, will definatly be back there some time soon.

I have posted this before but this is the beach, where the slight white wash and breaking waves are 20m out is a big reef, with a big gutter on the inside with a few rocky out crops throughout. Bit of hidden beach right down the bottom of yorkes, which if I was never shown it I would have never found it and I have driven past it hundreds of times

66935_435947391055_728776055_5632576_2802265_n.jpg

that's interesting. on my recent trip down to the end of yorkes i drove past a place that looked extremely similar to that picture, even thought about having a fish there. may have to hit it up next time

Just got back from the Pat was an awsome night to be out there warm and very little wind, was the fullest i have seen it i reckon was about another 10 people trying off the locks not including me and my bro( guess word got around quick) haha got there at 9 left at 11:20ish had a few takes but failed to hook up. O well next time :).

Anyone else land anything?

na not whilst we were there unfortunatly.

I need some advice. I'm heading to carrickalinga this weekend and I heard I can catch whiting off the beach. Is this true?

Any squid locations there? Or should I trek down to second valley or something?

all fish bar the carp were returned unharmed. the carp had a brief encounter with a meat cleaver, which in turn kept the yabbie pots stocked up nicely thumbsup.gif

dont tell me your returned the redfin - they are a introduced species lol

my mate was certain they werent, as much as i said they were to be also killed

they were all below 10cm anyways

they will be 'dealt' with appropriately next time thumbsup.gif

just letting you all know there are nice buckets full of yellowfin whiting every night latley on metro beaches north and south from the tennyson area ph34r.gif

I need some advice. I'm heading to carrickalinga this weekend and I heard I can catch whiting off the beach. Is this true?

Any squid locations there? Or should I trek down to second valley or something?

Yeah, you can definately get whiting off the beach, try fishing the edge of the weed and use a light outfit with a running rig, with tube or blood worms.

As for squid, its better to head down to Second Valley or Wirrina off the rocks.

AWESOME weather this weekend....

NS fish somewhere?

AWESOME weather this weekend....

NS fish somewhere?

keen for sunday somewhere.

plenty YFW to be had at Southport too. just nailed 12 in an hour between missus me and 11yo daughter. pissed the guys off that rocked up after us as they werent catching a thing and we only there for the sport LOL

softy im down for a fish this sunday, if you decide anything let me know

saturday morning is going to be a goer for me, before I go get tanked at shutzenfest. I'll be too hungover for sunday :lol:

Baked a whole 7 kg snapper last night, tried it a little different to what I normally do added a few different seasonings and stuffings. Between me and 3 other people that didnt really like seafood before, the whole thing got demolished. Thinking it was a change for the better

saturday morning is going to be a goer for me, before I go get tanked at shutzenfest. I'll be too hungover for sunday :lol:

Actually, Dodge tide wonder whether it would even be worth it

I got work Sunday morning, finish about lunchtime so would have to be Saturday or Sunday Arvo for me to attend.

I have done such little fishing in the past couple of months its not funny. Been too dam busy. Im itching to go out

Head out then man, will be local spots....

Next question, bream raid or chase some YFW? who wants what?

I'm chasing whiting at carricks this weekend, you are welcome to come down Christian. Skye too.

Weather is looking good for it Billy, might have to do some hunting, but once you find a school, you will be on!!!

Today is one day i wish i had my licence, tomorrow is looking primetime for some Kayak action!!

Heading down to robe for the week.

Do you guys know of any spots around the area I should look for?

Been going there for years and I've NEVER caught there >

Might go for a fish this weekend probs go down to the yorkes go to moonta havent been there since they closed it see how the weather is

Went out for a few hours.

Not a bite.

Please elder fishing council of NS.

Aid me in my journey towards actually catching a fish in my life time.